St. Mirren v Dumbarton Betfred Cup 28/7/18

Can't see us progressing even if we do win as only the 4 best 2nd placed teams progress.

Ayr/Partick both already on 9 points with superior goal difference.

Motherwell have 7 points but playing Clyde also superior goal difference so they should have 10 points.

Dundee on 6 points again superior goal difference and playing Brechin at home so should have 9 points.

Hearts on 6 points again superior goal difference and playing ICT at home so should have 9 points.

Airdrie on 6 points with superior goal difference but with a difficult derby at Hamilton but if they win 9 points and goal difference better than ours.

St Mirren on 6 points with zero goal difference so could have maximum 9 points but probably with a very low goal difference.

As it Stands -
Dundee 9 points plus 7,
Queen of the South 9 points plus 7,
St Mirren 9 points, plus 6,
Hearts/Inverness both on 6 points both plus 6 goals either way one or both of them will finish worse off than us.
Airdrie if they score again they also go to 9 points and also would be plus 6.

Partick just got papped out after winning first 3 games bizarre.

FT 6-0

There you go, that’s what we’ve been waiting for. Pretty flawless performance. Controlled the game from start to finish and scored a wide variety of goals at good times.

Would say we defended well too, but the midfield had such a grip on the ball that we hardly defended at all.

Stand out performers probably the two McGinns. Two assists from Paul and a screamer from Steven. Smith also impressing with a nice brace and Magennis and Willock good till they went off.

I think we’re through... ?

Just now, TopCat said:

FT 6-0

There you go, that’s what we’ve been waiting for. Pretty flawless performance. Controlled the game from start to finish and scored a wide variety of goals at good times.

Would say we defended well too, but the midfield had such a grip on the ball that we hardly defended at

Stand out performers probably the two McGinns. Two assists from Paul and a screamer from Steven. Smith also impressing with a nice brace and Magennis and Willock good till they went off.

Not conceded goal in 4 cup games.

FT 6-0

Would say we defended well too, but the midfield had such a grip on the ball that we hardly defended at all.

We are

FT 6-0

Yes we are.

As it Stands -
Dundee 9 points plus 7,
Queen of the South 9 points plus 7,
St Mirren 9 points, plus 6,
Hearts/Inverness both on 6 points both plus 6 goals either way one or both of them will finish worse off than us.
Airdrie if they score again they also go to 9 points and also would be plus 6.

Partick just got papped out after winning first 3 games bizarre.

Airdrie lost penalty shoot out

I was reading about Partick this morning and Archibald was saying that qualification for the last 16 would determine , financially , if they could bring in more players. So not only an amazing turnaround in form but a very important one.

I was reading about Partick this morning and Archibald was saying that qualification for the last 16 would determine , financially , if they could bring in more players. So not only an amazing turnaround in form but a very important one.
I actually thought Partick were out but pretty sure if Inverness beat Hearts, Partick go through as 4th best runner up.