Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
MenstrieSaint

Best Loanee X1 versus Worst Loanee X1

Recommended Posts

If our best ever  loanees played against our worse ever  loanees, what would the sides look like. To get an idea of the players available I would have McGowan, Dummett and McPhee in my best X1, and Galloway, Marshall and Caprice would be in my worse eleven. Who else would be worthy of consideration for each team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If our best ever  loanees played against our worse ever  loanees, what would the sides look like. To get an idea of the players available I would have McGowan, Dummett and McPhee in my best X1, and Galloway, Marshall and Caprice would be in my worse eleven. Who else would be worthy of consideration for each team. 

Carey, Newton, Isma all in best.

 

Bahoken in worst.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hambud said:
7 minutes ago, farmer john said:
who was that Blakburn Rovers loan in? Graham?
If he had squared to McGarry at Celtic Park the same season as Renfrum....
maybe my recollection is going slightly on this one!
 

Fenton?

Don’t think he was a loan. Or Renfurm. Think they were ‘end of season’ deals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst - Birchall , Bahoken , John McGregor , McKee . McHale , Cornell .

A few of the good ones mentioned already , plus Lavety , Alan McCulloch and Barry Wardrobe.( short cameo spell , but played in wins v Rangers , Morton , Dundee , Hibs and famously at Aberdeen , when we did the Dons for the league , handing it to Dundee United )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Graham Carey and Paul McGowan both in the 'best' line-up, for me. Carey playing just in front of Dummett, maybe. Don't forget Harry Davis and Cammy Smith.

Oh, and it was McPhee that Fenton failed to square the ball to. Don't think McPhee scored for us, but he was a decent player.

Fenton now manages my local side, South Shields.

Edited by Magic Monkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not including anyone currently at the club and including guys we later signed permanently, here goes.

 

Best

GK  - Ian McCaldon

CB - Scott Cuthbert

CB - Harry Davis

LB - Paul Dummett

RB - Liam Smith

CM - Charlie Adam

CM - Graham Carey (OK - left back but he's played most of rest of his career in centre mid)

LM - Lewis Morgan

RM - Paul McGowan

CF - Esmael Goncalves

CF - Barry Lavety

Subs - Cammy Smith, Franco Miranda, Stephen McPhee, Jure Travner, Rory Loy (second time around), Shankland (first time around), Connor Newton

 

Worst

GK - Scott Strang

CB - Ellis Plummer

CB - Gerhard Fellner

RB - Luke Conlon

LB - Jake Caprice

CM - Paul McHale

CM - Joe McKee

LM - Emmanuel Sonupe

RM - Chris Birchall

CF - Josh Magennis

CF - Nikolai Brock-Madsen

 

Subs - David Cornell, Craig Reid, Adam Drury, Stephane Bahoken, Ryan Hardie, Paul Lawson, Shankland (second time around)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not including anyone currently at the club and including guys we later signed permanently, here goes.

 

Best

GK  - Ian McCaldon

CB - Scott Cuthbert

CB - Harry Davis

LB - Paul Dummett

RB - Liam Smith

CM - Charlie Adam

CM - Graham Carey (OK - left back but he's played most of rest of his career in centre mid)

LM - Lewis Morgan

RM - Paul McGowan

CF - Esmael Goncalves

CF - Barry Lavety

Subs - Cammy Smith, Franco Miranda, Stephen McPhee, Jure Travner, Rory Loy (second time around), Shankland (first time around), Connor Newton

 

Worst

GK - Scott Strang

CB - Ellis Plummer

CB - Gerhard Fellner

RB - Luke Conlon

LB - Jake Caprice

CM - Paul McHale

CM - Joe McKee

LM - Emmanuel Sonupe

RM - Chris Birchall

CF - Josh Magennis

CF - Nikolai Brock-Madsen

 

Subs - David Cornell, Craig Reid, Adam Drury, Stephane Bahoken, Ryan Hardie, Paul Lawson, Shankland (second time around)

Can't really argue much with that, maybe the odd change or two, fingers crossed we can get a couple of the decent sort over in the next couple of weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

That 'best' team isn't half bad. You'd take that over the current crop, by a long way.

That's me forgetting Billy O Brien as well. 

Hes replacing McCaldon in goals of the best XI who drops to the bench. Rory Loy drops out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's me forgetting Billy O Brien as well. 
Hes replacing McCaldon in goals of the best XI who drops to the bench. Rory Loy drops out. 
Watching Blackpool here and Mark Howard was playing until injured a minute ago (He's just lost two goals to one of Matty Willocks brothers).

Anyway I digress was Mark Howard on loan or a signed player?

Was Christopher Dilo a loan player?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's me forgetting Billy O Brien as well. 

Hes replacing McCaldon in goals of the best XI who drops to the bench. Rory Loy drops out. 

I reckon McCulloch would probably be our best on loan keeper, which added to the ten outfield players you suggested would make a pretty impressive team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hambud said:

Watching Blackpool here and Mark Howard was playing until injured a minute ago (He's just lost two goals to one of Matty Willocks brothers).

Anyway I digress was Mark Howard on loan or a signed player?

Was Christopher Dilo a loan player?

Neither were on loan. We've not had that many loan goalies down the years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I reckon McCulloch would probably be our best on loan keeper, which added to the ten outfield players you suggested would make a pretty impressive team. 

Can't remember McCulloch. When was he from? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×