January Arrivals

div

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

So the January arrivals only count if they came in January but the making way for them can start much earlier - Like NBM getting sent away and Jackson coming to replace him  -BM counts but Jackson doesn't - yes its easy to see how twisted folk can be to argue they are right.   

AND even if you stand by the above it falls if we make even 1 more signing, which we certainly will do . . .

:spud7

So, going by your interpretation, its 8/15. Nor far off half!

And my point is as it stands now. What happens after now is irrelevant!

And, btw, Jackson arrived well before NBM was released....  so half it is!

Edited by Wendy Saintss

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

So, going by your interpretation, its 8/15. Nor far off half!

And my point is as it stands now. What happens after now is irrelevant!

Can't you read? or are you still hell bent on counting things to suit your argument? Oh this is rhetorical - just in case you are unsure  :fire

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

You clearly said numbers lower than what we have brought in. It was never in doubt we would sign fewer than left... because OK said as much in at least half a dozen interviews :rolleyes:

you were wrong as usual but we know it’s not in your nature to man up and admit it. 

Au contraire.... i quoted Oran several times when he said he wanyed to get the squad down to 22-23. Thats why I continually said half in, of those that go. Obviously that range has stayed the same. P.s. You do know you replied to this one as Basil, and not Sweeper?

its not a smisa thread.. lol

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Au contraire.... i quoted Oran several times when he said he wanyed to get the squad down to 22-23. Thats why I continually said half in, of those that go. Obviously that range has stayed the same. P.s. You do know you replied to this one as Basil, and not Sweeper?

its not a smisa thread.. lol

Like I say, tries to spin his way out or ignores. Never willing to put his hands up to the many clear mistakes. 

37 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

He said there would be 3 or 4 unless more were shipped out. More were shipped out so we brought more in. He was right.

Its you who is wrong!

If that's what Div said he is right yes. I was going on your original comment which was clearly miss-leading. As I said I had not seen any post from Div saying what you claimed. 

I was not wrong. See my previous posts, you asked what LPM had been wrong about and I quoted several wrong claims. 

37 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

January arrivals (8) - Tansey, Popescu, Hladky, Lyons, McAllister, Holmes, Dreyer, Muzek

Departures to make way for January arrivals (16) - Samson, Coulson, NBM, Kpewka, Smith, Willock, Kirkpatrick, McShane, Hamiill, Heaton, Jones, Edwards, Lyness, King, O'Keefe, Eckersely.

8/16 = 50% = exactly half

No spin required! Thanks.

If including Samson, Coulson, NBM, you have no reason not to include Ferdinand and co. You are clearly spinning. 

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If that's what Div said he is right yes. I was going on your original comment which was clearly miss-leading. As I said I had not seen any post from Div saying what you claimed. 

I was not wrong. See my previous posts, you asked what LPM had been wrong about and I quoted several wrong claims. 

But he only latched in on the one thing . . .    mm there is a surprise . . .  :spud7

Since people seem to be debating something I said, here's what I actually said on 10th Jan.

On 1/10/2019 at 12:09 PM, div said:

The manager has said he wants a first team squad of 21 or 22 and that the number of players coming in will depend on the number going out.

If we assume that Heaton being out on loan removes him from the squad (even accepting we will be paying at least some of his wages)

As of right now the first team squad consists of;

Danny Rogers

Jack Baird
Ethan Erhahon
Adam Eckersley
Lee Hodson
Anton Ferdinand
Paul McGinn
Gary MacKenzie
Cole Kpekawa

Ryan Flynn
Jim Kellermann
Kyle Magennis
Stephen McGinn
Cammy MacPherson
Greg Tansey

Cody Cooke
Simeon Jackson
Danny Mullen
Cammy Smith

That's 19 players.
You can do the arithmetic yourself.

We'll be looking at 2-3 additions at the moment, and hoping that we can move some of the above out the way to make room for more.

So at that point I said we'd bring in 2-3 more (Tansey is already in the squad list as you can see) unless we moved others out.

Since that post (on 10th Jan) we have shipped out Cammy Smith, Cole Kpekawa & Adam Eckersley so that 2-3 more then became 5-6 more.

We've since brought in 7 more. One of whom is a goalkeeper who is cover for Rogers who got injured.

I wasn't that far off!

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Re Oran's interview, and big hint further signings will come after the windiw shuts. If he can bring the quality of Hammil, Anton or Jackson in after the window, I'd rake that over another eastern european or two.

Oran is playing things down - just in case - but I agree with you with, If he can bring the quality of Hammill, Anton or Jackson in after the window, I'd Take that

Sure we all would . . it is a big ask, but his track record is very decent!      :guinness

27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If including Samson, Coulson, NBM, you have no reason not to include Ferdinand and co. You are clearly spinning. 

Ferdinand isn't a January arrival. Hence why I haven't included him in a discussion about January arrivals!

Samson, Coulson & NBM were cleared out to make way for January arrivals. Its quite simple!

You are clearly spinning.

Edited by Wendy Saintss

17 minutes ago, div said:

Since people seem to be debating something I said, here's what I actually said on 10th Jan.

So at that point I said we'd bring in 2-3 more (Tansey is already in the squad list as you can see) unless we moved others out.

Since that post (on 10th Jan) we have shipped out Cammy Smith, Cole Kpekawa & Adam Eckersley so that 2-3 more then became 5-6 more.

We've since brought in 7 more. One of whom is a goalkeeper who is cover for Rogers who got injured.

I wasn't that far off!

Seems pretty spot on to me. Should have known Wendy would be during half a story