St. Mirren v Kilmarnock, Monday 11th March 2019

• 1 month later...

So,about the game & Not Fricky’s social life ...

As the OP says, Monday night football isn’t a great idea, but depending on how the results go over the weekend it would be great to get off the bottom of the league with a win here.

We’ve achieved nothing yet, but it’s foolish to ignore the improvement since the window shut.

Despite Kilmarnock having a good season to date, I believe we will win this one, so they can play any day of the week for me as long as Saints play well.

If we were able to survive again like 2 seasons ago in championship then it’ll be quite an achievement, so here’s hoping

IF we get a result and Dundee and Hamilton results go in our favour it will be massive. We're within touching distance and only a freak result for Hamilton stopped us from getting out of the bottom 2 come next Monday with that scenario.

My head still says relegation. My heart says maybe, just maybe, we'll find a way out.

Edited by stlucifer

IF we get a result and Dundee and Hamilton results go in our favour it will be massive. We're within touching distance and only a freak result for Hamilton stopped us from getting out of the bottom 2 come next Monday with that scenario.
My head still says relegation. My heart says maybe, just maybe, we'll find a way out.

Big ask to expect both them to slip up at the same time & like you say that bloody result for Hamilton wisnae part of the equation.

Saints will beat Kilmarnock, let’s pick the teams above us off, one at a time starting next Monday

Was going to ask for some restaurant/food outlet suggestions, but heading over to general nonsense for that ......

[emoji2]

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Big ask to expect both them to slip up at the same time & like you say that bloody result for Hamilton wisnae part of the equation.

Saints will beat Kilmarnock, let’s pick the teams above us off, one at a time starting next Monday

Was going to ask for some restaurant/food outlet suggestions, but heading over to general nonsense for that ...…

emoji2.png

Hamilton may have a bounce after that result and their next 4 games have got to be in the winnable category. Can only hope the Aberdeen result was a minor blip in their downward spiral.

Hamilton may have a bounce after that result and their next 4 games have got to be in the winnable category. Can only hope the Aberdeen result was a minor blip in their downward spiral.

Hamilton next 3 games

Motherwell Away
Hearts Home
Kilmarnock Away

Dundee next 3 games

Hearts Home
Celtic Home
St Mirren Away

St Mirren next 3 games

Kilmarnock Home
St Johnstone Away
Dundee Home

Tough for Dundee. Hamilton I see losing all 3

Us ? Win 2 home games and anything Away would be pretty sensational based on our season so far.

Jeez, glad I’m not a betting man

On 3/3/2019 at 11:03 AM, Sonny said:

Stevie is still a Buddie so looking forward to another good result.

I couldn't imagine Stevie Clarke doing anything other than try to win the game as comfortably as they can.  We will need to work our socks off and perform well to take anything from the game.  Having said that,  no reason to be other than upbeat after recent results. Tough games coming up for all three of the teams at the bottom end of the league. A large and noisy crowd would be great. 

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

^^ disappear to the self serving ‘food & beverage’ thread and your social thread

Leaving this ‘original’ Kilmarnock thread for football discussion

No, no , no. Get that other p!sh deleted and allow us to converse about the game in a thread that was started for the sole reason of discussing the game. Not one which was started just to enhance a posters thread count.

2 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Hamilton next 3 games

Motherwell Away
Hearts Home
Kilmarnock Away

Dundee next 3 games

Hearts Home
Celtic Home
St Mirren Away

St Mirren next 3 games

Kilmarnock Home
St Johnstone Away
Dundee Home

Tough for Dundee. Hamilton I see losing all 3

Us ? Win 2 home games and anything Away would be pretty sensational based on our season so far.

Jeez, glad I’m not a betting man

Watched the Hearts game tonight - they were pretty poor - not much of an end product.

I just hope they vastly improve in both their next games.

Hamilton v Well is a derby so anything can happen there.

Yes everyone is still above us - and wining is 3 times better than a draw, but the big one is us v Dee at Dens park - hopefully we have taken a win or 2 more draws by then and we are well up for it and win that one. If we do, they won't pass us . . . 

45 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Watched the Hearts game tonight - they were pretty poor - not much of an end product.

Yes everyone is still above us - and wining is 3 times better than a draw, but the big one is us v Dee at Dens park - hopefully we have taken a win or 2 more draws by then and we are well up for it and win that one. If we do, they won't pass us . . . 

Depending on when we play Dundee at Dens Park, I’d like to think we’ll have more in bag than one more win or two draws. Even if the Dens game is the first after the split, we’ve got 5 more games before then!

15 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Depending on when we play Dundee at Dens Park, I’d like to think we’ll have more in bag than one more win or two draws. Even if the Dens game is the first after the split, we’ve got 5 more games before then!

My mistake, I though we were playing our next game against Dee at Dens park . . . :wub:

21 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Don't think we have ever went four games in the premiership maybe even the SPL without a defeat?

Under the old format, I think we went 13 unbeaten under Alex Miller.

This included, beating Celtic 4-2 , Rangers 3-0 ( Jock Wallace managed at the time ) Dundee United 4-0 and I think a 1-1 at Aberdeen

Not entirely sure but was quite a run when Miller arrived

I fully suspect we will be extending our unbeaten run next week

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Don't think we have ever went four games in the premiership maybe even the SPL without a defeat?

Dear oh dear, how short is your memory.

Our last win at Love St, a 1-0 win v Hamilton, was the culmination of 4 SPL wins in a row.

I even had to correct Tommy Craig at the Q&A when he uttered some rubbish that it was 30-odd years since Saints had won 4 top flight games in a row.

4inarow.JPG.f85a0cb7452a67e8770b4c20fa49dcea.JPG

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

5 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Dear oh dear, how short is your memory.

Our last win at Love St, a 1-0 win v Hamilton, was the culmination of 4 SPL wins in a row.

I even had to correct Tommy Craig at the Q&A when he uttered some rubbish that it was 30-odd years since Saints had won 4 top flight games in a row.

4inarow.JPG.f85a0cb7452a67e8770b4c20fa49dcea.JPG

Thanks for that. Maybe I should have wrote it's been a long long time since we went four games without a defeat.