Jump to content

proudtobeabuddy

If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

It was an interview for the Herald in 2016 ffs. Wasn’t even an official stance, statement or promise. 

‘The right thing would have been to go to fans and say we can make X amount of money, what do you think’ 

there was no set in stone promise, no official announcement. Again it says much more about you as a person being unable to let go of a misjudged, off the cuff comment from three years ago. 

I know you do not want to acknowledge it but it was a commitment and statement he repeated three times at BtB meetings to the people he wanted to be smisa members. There were hundreds there who witnessed it. 

He misled every smisa member, and every family or child who bought season tickets for the Family stand, and now other clubs are making his stance look even more pathetic. He needs to man up, and stick by his commitments or be honest that you cant really believe any promise he makes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

I know you do not want to acknowledge it but it was a commitment and statement he repeated three times at BtB meetings to the people he wanted to be smisa members. There were hundreds there who witnessed it. 

He misled every smisa member, and every family or child who bought season tickets for the Family stand, and now other clubs are making his stance look even more pathetic. He needs to man up, and stick by his commitments or be honest that you cant really believe any promise he makes.

I have fully acknowledged it, doesn’t change my point. Let it go. Everyone makes mistakes and situations change. 

We know you don’t like the man or SMISA but you’ll just need to make the best of it  BTB is happening, the stand arrangement is happening (bar an increase in home numbers) and you can’t stop it. You are welcome to cry about it for another three years though if you want, it won’t change anything  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

I have fully acknowledged it, doesn’t change my point. Let it go. Everyone makes mistakes and situations change. 

We know you don’t like the man or SMISA but you’ll just need to make the best of it  BTB is happening, the stand arrangement is happening (bar an increase in home numbers) and you can’t stop it. You are welcome to cry about it for another three years though if you want, it won’t change anything  

 

You insisted it was some 'off the cuff comment' and you have been soundly found out for that.

it will not go away, more and more clubs are listening to their support and putting their fans, and their future first! The sheer shortsightedness displayed by Scott here is astounding.

 

He seems to think the small extra gate receipts from this stunt, will outweigh the full paying season ticket buyers of tomorrow who are being actively discouraged from coming to our ground. It is an act of sheer bloody minded madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord Pityme said:

You insisted it was some 'off the cuff comment' and you have been soundly found out for that.

it will not go away, more and more clubs are listening to their support and putting their fans, and their future first! The sheer shortsightedness displayed by Scott here is astounding.

 

He seems to think the small extra gate receipts from this stunt, will outweigh the full paying season ticket buyers of tomorrow who are being actively discouraged from coming to our ground. It is an act of sheer bloody minded madness.

I haven’t though, I have admitted he shouldn’t have published it on paper. I don’t know what was said at the meetings and frankly won’t take your word for it given your bias and previous notion of lying on the subject. 

You say it won’t go away but it has a shelf life. We’ll be a fan owned club in the relatively near future and the decisioning mechanism will change. I have no doubt a few fans will continue to be upset but others fully appreciate the financial benefit & the justification because we aren’t filling these seats. You often make the mistake of assuming you speak for a majority 

also remember a few other points for the new stadium

- record season ticket sales

- record average attendance

- first sellout 

you might think it’s short sighted but the crowds are certainly bringing in more income than before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Also, remember a few other points for the new stadium

- record season ticket sales

- record average attendance

- first sellout 

you might think it’s short-sighted but the crowds are certainly bringing in more income than before. "

Makes a lot of sense to me.

  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I haven’t though, I have admitted he shouldn’t have published it on paper. I don’t know what was said at the meetings and frankly won’t take your word for it given your bias and previous notion of lying on the subject. 

You say it won’t go away but it has a shelf life. We’ll be a fan owned club in the relatively near future and the decisioning mechanism will change. I have no doubt a few fans will continue to be upset but others fully appreciate the financial benefit & the justification because we aren’t filling these seats. You often make the mistake of assuming you speak for a majority 

also remember a few other points for the new stadium

- record season ticket sales

- record average attendance

- first sellout 

you might think it’s short sighted but the crowds are certainly bringing in more income than before. 

Yes and all achieved via games NOT concerning the racist, sectarian, bigot supports!

i couldnt have made the point of how stupid the decision is any better than you!

Edited by Lord Pityme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Yes and all achieved via games NOT concerning the racist, sectarian, bigot supports!

i couldnt have made the point of how stupid the decision is any better than you!

I doubt any st Mirren fan likes the decision but many tolerate it because of the increased income. 

You say stupid but an arrangement to put more bums on would be empty seats, that has resulted in a 10% increase in our player budget, likely being a factor in keeping us a top flight club can easily be justified.

I know it pains you but I’m afraid it’s true. 

Again don’t worry though, fan buyout is a resounding success and will happen. Well done SMISA and GLS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

Are you for real emoji23.png

You talk about honesty after what you done.

So folk know, this person said he backed a SMISA members proposal at the recent AGM yet the actual voting showed he hadn't.

Are you still in denial?

I feel sorry for you, I honestly do!

we are debating the fact our chairman has gone back on a promise he made repeatedly to consult the 30% shareholders, and group who are committed to buying his shares. And all you are interested in is trolling me!

ffs man get a hold of yourself, think how others see you obsessing on one st mirren fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shull said:

The first sell out because we were shite.

 

Can't argue with that.

As for the family stand debate.

I have to say I agree with those who demand we keep it for the fans. 

I don't see there being a problem in reversing the decision.

IF we sell enough STs then it still makes sense to have the family tickets excluding the OF games. A lot of parents who go to other games don't want their kids anywhere near the bigots so it could be seen as a benefit to them NOT having to pay for them. If they want to go to the game then they bring their STs and obviously proof of Identity down and get their seats at their reduced rate. (ETA. They obviously could go through the interstadia route but would they trust it? 🤔) The rest go on general sale with the same preventative measures as the other stands and the same rules applying to the non swearing in the stand. 

I'm not saying it would be easy but it is possible.

 

Edited by stlucifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cockles1987 said:


 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The record season ticket sales did include games against the two Glasgow clubs. Not every ticket but the majority. emoji107.png

The average support did include the games against the two Glasgow clubs. emoji107.png

The first sell out. emoji106.png

Getting 1 out of 3 correct, you really couldn't have made the point of making yourself look stupid any better. emoji848.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edit: just realised you were responding to LPM on his ridiculous comments ignoring my fact. Changed the content :lol:

 

Edited by bazil85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I feel sorry for you, I honestly do!

we are debating the fact our chairman has gone back on a promise he made repeatedly to consult the 30% shareholders, and group who are committed to buying his shares. And all you are interested in is trolling me!

ffs man get a hold of yourself, think how others see you obsessing on one st mirren fan.

Where has he made it repeatedly? We have one source material from 2016 (that you desperately can’t let go of) which is ultimately an off the cuff comment and not a promise. Haven’t seen anything else and it appears the only reference point we have is a confirmed liar. 

It’s clear this is your coping mechanism but you can’t change what’s happening I’m afraid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 2:30 PM, cockles1987 said:

I have reminded him several times.

Hypocrisy at the highest level from him.

He just doesn't like getting reminded about it.

Do I think everything is getting done perfectly, no.

But getting done honestly and in the best interests of St Mirren.

Well said, it’s a common misconception that we just ‘happy clap’ through. I know fine well there are things not perfect at the club. Unbridled negativity has never been the solution. 

We have plenty to be positive about.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well said, it’s a common misconception that we just ‘happy clap’ through. I know fine well there are things not perfect at the club. Unbridled negativity has never been the solution. 
We have plenty to be positive about.  
Yup.
Let's celebrate by renaming lies as mistakes or a changing of mind. That's positivity at its finest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a wee idea.

Why doesn't Scott give up his own seating area to OF fans to display a bit of solidarity with Family stand fans..

Maybe then he wouldn't get so much heat for this decision.

Let's see him inconvenienced and stuffed into a corner seat in W1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Yup.
Let's celebrate by renaming lies as mistakes or a changing of mind. That's positivity at its finest!

He made a mistake in a 2016 interview to say ‘the right thing to do is consult fans’ 

some people just can’t let it go at all. Says more about the individuals that they’re desperate to hold onto a single interview from three years ago than it does about GLS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Here's a wee idea.

Why doesn't Scott give up his own seating area to OF fans to display a bit of solidarity with Family stand fans..

Maybe then he wouldn't get so much heat for this decision.

Let's see him inconvenienced and stuffed into a corner seat in W1.

Because that would be ridiculous. 

The decision is made, let it go. We’re just going over old ground 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...