proudtobeabuddy

If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Baz I was trying to talk to another poster. His numbers are wrong. Why not let him answer for himself?

You literally quoted me in it saying it was the same mistake I made. I was pointing out I hadn’t made a mistake. 

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Unfortunately I am pretty confident we are not going to be able to tell.

The extra income will be wrapped up in "Turnover" and we will be none the wiser.

In the meantime we know that Turnover will be significantly higher than in last season's accounts.

Scott and his poodle Baz will be able to continue to spin all manner of shite about how much extra we have gained.

Not going to be able to guarantee it, but anyone with any critical thinking ability will be able to look at the wages in thenext accounts and work out if 130k gross could possibly ammount to 10% of the wage budget

Both sets of sectarian cnuts have had decades to try and evolve into decent human beings. They have failed. 

We should be giving them NO TICKETS for our Stadium. 

If , by law we have to, then allocate one section of the Away Stand to them, maybe N5,  which keeps them away from our fans. 

Bare minimum amount of tickets for the Moronic Cnuts. 

Around 100 would be 100 too many but would have to do. 

Time the 40 Diddy Clubs grew fecking balls. 

I might be back when they are gone forever. 

As I’ve said previously , probably as well this forum wasn’t around when the old board gave both ends of the ground to the ugly sisters and to add insult to injury , asked us to shuffle up the north bank a bit to let them under cover when it rained !
They would have got slaughtered.....or perhaps is there an element of individuals with a vendetta against certain members of our board? Hmmm , let me think

Before the fence was erected, the bigots had the run of the Stadium apart from the Season Tickets in our Main Stand. 

Our North Bank Choir was booted tae  feck from our regular place and usually ended up down the front. 

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Before the fence was erected, the bigots had the run of the Stadium apart from the Season Tickets in our Main Stand. 

Our North Bank Choir was booted tae  feck from our regular place and usually ended up down the front. 

Said the twat flaunting Boris Johnson :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

Apart from 1984

What happened in 1984 ? 

The segregation fence was installed in 1977.

Games against the bigots would see at least 30000 of the cnuts at Love Street with just a few thousand buddies, maybe between 3000 - 5000.

What happened in 1984 ? 
The segregation fence was installed in 1977.
Games against the bigots would see at least 30000 of the cnuts at Love Street with just a few thousand buddies, maybe between 3000 - 5000.
Yet I seem to remember Rangers crowds being so bad at one time that we played Hibs and Rangers in the same week... and had a bigger crowd against Hibs!

2 hours ago, slapsalmon said:

Not going to be able to guarantee it, but anyone with any critical thinking ability will be able to look at the wages in thenext accounts and work out if 130k gross could possibly ammount to 10% of the wage budget

The problem is that it depends on what Gordon is prepared to pretend constitutes an "increase".

He has spun the incoming number up (by assuming £27 per head) and the outgoing number down (by ignoring how many were in W7 and comparing 1 stand against 2) to make it look better. Add in a whole other host of accounting sleight of hand (such as lost costs in Family Stand season tickets and the costs of policing etc) and he could easily present "evidence" to back up his false position. The ridiculous figure of £133k given above is an example of how you can abuse statistics to get whatever number you want.

If you think you can extract more information than that from the accounts then I think you might be disappointed. I genuinely hope you are right though.

We'll just need to wait and see.

Edited by oaksoft

32 minutes ago, FTOF said:

33 pages based on our resident "experts" pretending they know the finances involved in running a football team.:lol:

So "f**k The Old Firm" unless we can get some money from it, at which point we drop our ethics, our morals, our Family values and our decency to rake in a few coins eh?

You should change your user name to "Take It Up The Arse For The OF Pound" or something shorter maybe.

On 6/15/2019 at 1:32 PM, faraway saint said:

You're wasting your time. He's a fully paid up member of the "Take It Up The Jacksie For The Club" club. 

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So "f**k The Old Firm" unless we can get some money from it, at which point we drop our ethics, our morals, our Family values and our decency to rake in a few coins eh?

You should change your user name to "Take It Up The Arse For The OF Pound" or something shorter maybe.

He's in the above mentioned club. 

Very similar to your version really. 

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

FTOF never mentioned the OF in his post, more of a dig at some supporter believing they know how to financially run a football club is how I took it. 

So "f**k The Old Firm" unless we can get some money from it.

Yep, that’s about the gist of the argument and anyone on here who runs their own business and says they’d do differently is either lying or will likely be back in the land of PAYE before long.

2 hours ago, pod said:

FTOF never mentioned the OF in his post, more of a dig at some supporter believing they know how to financially run a football club is how I took it. 

Correct.

Oaky seems to have an innate ability to misinterpret the words of other posters on here.:lol:

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Personally I'd call it the "Screw the old scum fans for every penny we can get" club.

Just as well we're allowed to have different opinions on here.:)

4 hours ago, DLBud said:

Yep, that’s about the gist of the argument and anyone on here who runs their own business and says they’d do differently is either lying or will likely be back in the land of PAYE before long.

What are you talking about?

The world is full of successful companies which don't put profits first to the exclusion of everything else.

The world is also full of companies who went bust prioritising profit ahead of everything else.

4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

The decision had already been taken to keep W7 for home fans, so it is quite acceptable to compare takings for 1 stand vs 2. 

Not when you are trying to justify the financial benefits of making that decision.

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Of course it is. The bigots never had W7 for this season, so you can't count it. They, like everyone else, had the away stand. They were then allocated the family stand too. It's a difference of one total stand, no need to subtract W7 from it. It was two separate decisions. IF they had been allocated W7 and then the decision was taken to instead allocate them the family stand instead, then you would subtract W7 - but that's not what happened.

OK let me try another way.

When was the decision made to house OF fans in the Family stand?

Where were they housed in the OF match before that decision? In 1 stand or in both away stands and W7?

I think you'll find both decisions were made at the same time because the W7 decision was BECAUSE of the OF. The two decisions can't be separated.

Edited by oaksoft

8 hours ago, pod said:

What's that got to do with anything? This is a discussion about a company which is prioritising profit at all cost over the wishes of its customer base.

This has absolutely nothing to do with that business being a football club.

Anyone who has ever run a company is qualified to have an opinion on this decision by the board and there are plenty of us who have done or are doing just that.

5 hours ago, FTOF said:

Correct.

Oaky seems to have an innate ability to misinterpret the words of other posters on here.:lol:

You have a username which translate as f**k The Old Firm.

But you are quite happy to see our own fans screwed over to get a few coins in by allowing their fans to dominate our stadium by taking the stands behind both goals.

Which bit of that am I misinterpreting?

I think you are the sort of person who says one thing but acts differently when push comes to shove.

So, my suggestion was that you change your name to something more appropriate because FTOF sounds like keyboard warrior bullshit.

11 hours ago, FTOF said:

33 pages based on our resident "experts" pretending they know the finances involved in running a football team.:lol:

8 hours ago, FTOF said:

Personally I'd call it the "Screw the old scum fans for every penny we can get" club.

Just as well we're allowed to have different opinions on here.:)

Indeed, or there wouldn't have been 33 pages.................................fecking irony right enough. 🤣

You have a username which translate as f**k The Old Firm.

But you are quite happy to see our own fans screwed over to get a few coins in by allowing their fans to dominate our stadium by taking the stands behind both goals.

Which bit of that am I misinterpreting?

I think you are the sort of person who says one thing but acts differently when push comes to shove.

So, my suggestion was that you change your name to something more appropriate because FTOF sounds like keyboard warrior bullshit.

The state of this. .

OK let me try another way.
When was the decision made to house OF fans in the Family stand?
Where were they housed in the OF match before that decision? In 1 stand or in both away stands and W7?
I think you'll find both decisions were made at the same time because the W7 decision was BECAUSE of the OF. The two decisions can't be separated.
100% this... Although there was a gap in the announcement, it was part of the same decision, released publicly to minimise criticism and keep the W7 boys sweet.

The whole point of the W7 split in the first place, ill thought out as it was, was to house the OF.

Well done to the W7 folks for winning that battle.