Sign in to follow this  
proudtobeabuddy

If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

11 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Oaksoft is trying VERY hard to prove he isn’t Gordon.. :ph34r::lol:

In fairness, 10% sounds a lot, assuming the figure is between £100k and £110k

Haha bet me to it!! 😂

We did ask Gordon if he was on this because we where certain at the time he was. Tbf though I don’t think so as much now

Just now, mattman said:

Haha bet me to it!! 😂

We did ask Gordon if he was on this because we where certain at the time he was. Tbf though I don’t think so as much now

Gordon did look away when he said he wasn’t tbf :lol: the jury is out 

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

In which case I absolutely don't believe the figure of 10% Gordon has quoted.

It certainly cannot be a net figure he is talking about.

Even Baz isn't trying to claim we've netted £100k which can be used directly on players.

Something is not right here and I feel we are being seriously misled.

The player budget is not only wages - Employer NI at 13.8%, Pension contributions and various other things come into play... so with our current wage bill will be bigger than the £1.9 Million. If it is 10% it is very significant to us  - and if it is not Gordon will be caught out at some point. 

I find it funny when people don't believe figures or quote figures without any actual true knowledge (just like I have)   - I am not saying everyone who is quoting figures doesn't know - but I suspect most are guessing without much to back it up....

More importantly 3 points to win tomorrow...

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

Oaksoft is trying VERY hard to prove he isn’t Gordon.. :ph34r::lol:

In fairness, 10% sounds a lot, assuming the figure is between £100k and £110k

2 hours ago, mattman said:

Oaksoft 👀😂😂

Soooo tempted to play along with this TBF. 🤣

27 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

The player budget is not only wages - Employer NI at 13.8%, Pension contributions and various other things come into play... so with our current wage bill will be bigger than the £1.9 Million. If it is 10% it is very significant to us  - and if it is not Gordon will be caught out at some point. 

I find it funny when people don't believe figures or quote figures without any actual true knowledge (just like I have)   - I am not saying everyone who is quoting figures doesn't know - but I suspect most are guessing without much to back it up....

That will only happen if people are prepared to query things they hear.

Not enough people seem to care about it. Which is fair enough.

45 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It is not about the quantity of people who care - but about who it is and how much they can do about it that counts. How important is it on a scale etc.?

I don't know Gordon very well, so I cannot speak about his character. But if he is lying, there will be some who will use it in future - that is human nature...

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Gordon said it so it must be true........ let me now try and scuttle about to get some figures to try and make this fit and call it evidence..... 

can anyone guess what poster I’m trying to be?

I don't have a problem with Gordon's statement, i don't know if he figures are accurate either BUT his statement changes absolutely nothing, I don't like his short term outlook towards our supporters and it could backfire in regards to the future fans being attracted to watch St Mirren... we're a family club unless the big Glasgow clubs come with their money and we'll just turn a blind eye to the sectarian chants and flares being thrown onto the pitch because we love their money:thumbsdown

The last time we were in the top flight the total wages bill (including pension contributions) was over £2Million (see P12 of the 2015 Accounts pdf) - not all of this will have been player budget and we won't know exactly how much we spent this season until the 2019 figures are published in December but I'm in the crew who find GLSs 10% claim unconvincing. 

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/downloads/accounts-may2015.pdf

Edited by Bud the Baker

10% claim is bogus, last accounts revealed a near 40% rise in wages, the next accounts will dwarf that figure given the board f**kups in hiring, compo, and severance payments. Perhaps people will wake up to this, and see why the club are plundering the smisa asset lock?

three years this biard have been in and still not one, not one single additional revenue scheme has been created, but hey... they can f**king spend money like theres no tomorrow!

where are smisa? What are they doing as 30% shareholders to find out and challenge this reckless spending?

are they waiting till the club is in debt then shaking the can?

Sad to note eeven more buddies now, not going to renew season tickets if we stay up and sectarianism wins the day by closing our family stand. Scotland's Shame,  being facilitated in Paisley... its sickening!

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

10% claim is bogus, last accounts revealed a near 40% rise in wages, the next accounts will dwarf that figure given the board f**kups in hiring, compo, and severance payments. Perhaps people will wake up to this, and see why the club are plundering the smisa asset lock?

three years this biard have been in and still not one, not one single additional revenue scheme has been created, but hey... they can f**king spend money like theres no tomorrow!

where are smisa? What are they doing as 30% shareholders to find out and challenge this reckless spending?

are they waiting till the club is in debt then shaking the can?

Sad to note eeven more buddies now, not going to renew season tickets if we stay up and sectarianism wins the day by closing our family stand. Scotland's Shame,  being facilitated in Paisley... its sickening!

The whole game is screwed.

I never attended our last match at home to Celtic.

Season Ticket will not be getting renewed.

All over.

Safe to say that this issue ain't going away, nor should it. Unless you're comfortable with sectarian bile and anti social behaviour at our ground...i'm not. I'm also not comfortable with the attempted brainwashing of our fans to accept that we rely on this revenue, clearly we don't.  We should be looking for other forms of revenue that don't stick in people's throats because if it doesn't then no wonder the OF have got away with their behaviour all this time.

The Bigots have had plenty opportunity to behave..

Last chance, give them one section of the Away Stand only, say N4 or N5 which would allow a few hundred of the scum.

If they then refuse to sit down or sing shite sectarian songs then ban them forever.

We do not need our Stadium polluted with those arseholes and we do not need their money.

If we are in the prem next season this shocking decision will see further drops in the home fans attendance. Remember in the course of a few days between the dundee and celtic game 1000 fans voted with their feet.
family club my arse!
sectarian mirren football club.

You are a clown of the highest order

The Bigots have had plenty opportunity to behave..
Last chance, give them one section of the Away Stand only, say N4 or N5 which would allow a few hundred of the scum.
If they then refuse to sit down or sing shite sectarian songs then ban them forever.
We do not need our Stadium polluted with those arseholes and we do not need their money.

I already said before we have survived without the the O.F’s dirty money for years in the championship & I totally hate the vile songs they sing. BUT we are not going to fill the family stand or even half fill it with our own fans because parents don’t want to bring their kids to those games with the baggage that comes with it. Our highest crowd specially with our own fans hasn’t been against the dirty two. I’m in two minds on giving them the family stand. TBH I wasn’t going to go to the last game against Celtic either but changed my mind at the last minute.

The drama and hyperbole surrounding this is ridiculous, even for this forum.

We make money from giving away fans the family stand. That supports the playing budget and is a sound commercial decision by the BOD.

Sectarianism in the West of Scotland is a societal problem which our kids are as likely to be exposed to in school playgrounds as football matches tbh.

Anyone on here who runs their own business and says they’d do something different has either never faced adversity in that venture (in which case I congratulate you) or is lying to support their argument.

It doesn’t matter what additional revenue streams we produce, this will still be a commercially sound decision until we fill that stand on our own. It was still more than half empty yesterday and the club put on a great offer to encourage kids to come though the gates.

If people think the BOD don’t do enough to encourage more fans then call Gordon and give him your ideas.

If people think he’s lying about the commercial benefit then I ask you “to what end”? Why bring this grief from a section of fans if what irks them isn’t helping our club?

His statement should put an end to this but sadly it won’t.

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

The drama and hyperbole surrounding this is ridiculous, even for this forum.

We make money from giving away fans the family stand. That supports the playing budget and is a sound commercial decision by the BOD.

Sectarianism in the West of Scotland is a societal problem which our kids are as likely to be exposed to in school playgrounds as football matches tbh.

Anyone on here who runs their own business and says they’d do something different has either never faced adversity in that venture (in which case I congratulate you) or is lying to support their argument.

It doesn’t matter what additional revenue streams we produce, this will still be a commercially sound decision until we fill that stand on our own. It was still more than half empty yesterday and the club put on a great offer to encourage kids to come though the gates.

If people think the BOD don’t do enough to encourage more fans then call Gordon and give him your ideas.

If people think he’s lying about the commercial benefit then I ask you “to what end”? Why bring this grief from a section of fans if what irks them isn’t helping our club?

His statement should put an end to this but sadly it won’t.

If, as you say sectarianism is purely a problem of society, then why isnt my neighbour calling me a ********/orange bastard over the garden fence? Why arent people calling each other it in the streets, shops, cinema, rugby, hockey, women's football etc?

you are, as our chairman is, complicit in refusing to recognise this is a problem with the supporters of two football clubs, and no one else.

and if as you say it is a commercial decision. Please explain how you come to that conclusion when over 1000 home fans who were in the ground a few days before the Celtic game, stayed away when sectarianism, and terrorism (explosives) came calling?

less and less families and children are now buying season tickets because they feel the club simply see them as an inconvenience in facilitating bigotry, hatred and violence for a few bob.

How do you square that, and the fact it will terminally damage the numbers of our support going forward as a 'Sound Commercial Decision'?

At the Celtic game our keeper came close to being seriously injured by an explosive thrown at him. But to our chairman thats just the price of getting a few extra quid in the biscuit tin.

If thats his attitude why should we bother attending any games? Why not give the majority of the ground to every large visiting support if its just about money? Our club is actively discouraging the very life blood it needs to sustain it from attending, is tha a 'Sound Commercial Decision' or perhaps the actions of a board who have wasted hundreds of thousands of pounds with their poor decision making.

cant wait to see the HUGE impact these 'Sound Commercial Decisions' have had when the next set of accounts come out!

If, as you say sectarianism is purely a problem of society, then why isnt my neighbour calling me a ********/orange bastard over the garden fence? Why arent people calling each other it in the streets,

Noooo, it doesn't happen in the streets.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/4173787/glasgow-protest-protestants-against-discrimination-george-square-arrest/

6 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Does it happen in your street? Do ordinary people going about there daily lives in your street behave like that? Or is it bigots at football matches, and bigoted gatherings who do it?

made yourself look a right pap there, if you dont mind me saying. You really need to up your game in the trolling dept!

19 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

LPM is right though, on a day to day basis it is not something you are really exposed to or aware of. Racism and Xenophobia are much bigger problems in Scotland, and you get plenty of cunts happy to mouth off with their opinions on the matter.

The whole "religious" shite is just a few flag-waving clowns that don't have anything better to do with their lives. Sadly Old Firm games and marching season whip these people in to a frenzy and tun them in to quite dangerous mobs.