Does The Club Need Fresh Investment?

15 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

This is assuming that Kearney was squeaky clean in the happenings since the end of last season, i have my doubts but i don't care either because we move on.  I wholeheartedly agree with you on the Stubbs mistake. I don't think GS and co. can afford many more mistakes but i think Goodwin is a step forward.

Very strange way to look at things. You could surely apply that to every mistake, poor decision, and dishonest statement made.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Very strange way to look at things. You could surely apply that to every mistake, poor decision, and dishonest statement made.

Ok i'll put it another way... are we ever going to find out the complete truth? i doubt it. Meanwhile we have this season about to start and we have no choice but to move on.

2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Ok i'll put it another way... are we ever going to find out the complete truth? i doubt it. Meanwhile we have this season about to start and we have no choice but to move on.

I agree no point dwelling on it, but I certainly do hope that eventually the truth comes out & believe it is important that it does.

19 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

This is assuming that Kearney was squeaky clean in the happenings since the end of last season, i have my doubts but i don't care either because we move on.  I wholeheartedly agree with you on the Stubbs mistake. I don't think GS and co. can afford many more mistakes but i think Goodwin is a step forward.

I’ll agree that the Kearney/Scott situation right now is based on our own opinions as none of us know the full truth, personally from the snippets I’ve seen I’m on Oran’s side, but I understand why some stay neutral or back GS right now.

Goodwin should be a step forward, but for some reason he’s been shafted going into the League Cup and it’s led to our shocking exit. I hope he gets the backing needed before the league starts. I’m extremely pissed off that we’ve gone into the Cup with a threadbare squad, but I won’t blame Goodwin for that as we have no idea who’s identifying players, who’s trying to bring them in and who’s actually negotiating the contracts. He’s a good manager who did a great job with Alloa, hopefully the board back him as needed because right now we could barely handle League Two never mind the Prem.

1 minute ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I’ll agree that the Kearney/Scott situation right now is based on our own opinions as none of us know the full truth, personally from the snippets I’ve seen I’m on Oran’s side, but I understand why some stay neutral or back GS right now.

Goodwin should be a step forward, but for some reason he’s been shafted going into the League Cup and it’s led to our shocking exit. I hope he gets the backing needed before the league starts. I’m extremely pissed off that we’ve gone into the Cup with a threadbare squad, but I won’t blame Goodwin for that as we have no idea who’s identifying players, who’s trying to bring them in and who’s actually negotiating the contracts. He’s a good manager who did a great job with Alloa, hopefully the board back him as needed because right now we could barely handle League Two never mind the Prem.

We're all in the same way of thinking here i think. The concern over lack of transfers is growing by the day but again, it's not been helped by the instability in between seasons. I'm hoping Goodwin's appointment will put an end to this trend and he'll be here for years to come.

8 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I'm not an apologist for Gus but he did a good job in January and we can't blame Gus for Kearney either.

I would say Gus had plenty more failures than success in January and we were lucky that they were 2 other shite teams in the league.

I don't blame him for Kearney.

45 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I’m losing faith in this board fast.

I was fine with them up until the Stubbs debacle. That alone has cost us a lot of money in payouts for Stubbs, Heaton’s transfer and his dud signings (Cody aside). We are now paying out on Kearney, a man who has seemingly been pushed out of the door even though he did a decent job. This was done at the beginning of pre-season, which has played its part in our embarrassing (impending) exit from the League Cup, one of our two best chances of silverware for the season ahead.

As stated above, the likes of St Johnstone do a great job of bringing in revenue to help cover for the smaller fan base they have. They are the club we should be looking to copy, similar size to us, but well run, stable, and established in the Premier League. Instead we spunk funds at every turn, and have done our best to secure immediate relegation. It’s almost as if the board doesn’t want us in the Premier League.

The only positive about fan ownership I can find right now is that we won’t end up in a situation similar to Blackpool or Coventry. Aside from that, I’m struggling to see the benefits now, because we seem completely incompetent at running a football club.

Yeah he’s been outstanding hasn’t he! 

59 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
The board are guilty of criminal neglect by failing to add ONE.... just ONE additional revenue stream in over three years. They are both lazy and clueless in creating and building sustainable business opportunities. This level of failure would have any other board of a company removed by the shareholders. Unfortunately for us Smisa are the biggest shareholder after the chairman, and with their easy money available to him he rifles those funds at will, and they facilitate it.
both the board and smisa should be held to account for their joint abject failures in discharging their duties. You can see all the signs of decline, and very soon you'll ahve the chairman begging for the support to bail out the club when they've screwed smisa for all they can. The only way to save it would be for someone to loan smisa the money to buy out Scott now, and appoint a new chairman and board with clear aims to add revenue streams. The shower in place now are just Blazer fillers and sausage roll thieving bastards!

Please explain how we can remove the chairman of SMFC Ltd?

Yes the chairman with over 50% of the shares. emoji23.png

Indeed, as I continually say it is HIS club, HIS, not SMISA's, HIS,not the boards,  HIS, not the fans .........contrary to believe.  

No he has certainly not got everything right, but HE bailed the club out; NOT SMISA, HE puts his time in (without taking a wage), HE IS a fan,  and although I have never meet the man; I am fairly sure HE is trying his best to help Goody improve the squad.  Are we crap at the moment?  Yes we are. But and it's a very big BUT, who is most likely to improve St Mirrens chances of surviving in the premier league?

LPM? don't think so. I mean how would critiquing himself go down? Naw he would end up more confused than he is currently.  

How about Cornwell-Saint?  Naw, to far away. ............  far to far away, Oh wait a min that's the other fella.  

Maybe munoz?  Naw he loves Tony anyway.  Like lots of us do.

What about elvis, yes he could be the new Commercial Manager?   NOT. Na that quif would never work>

T.C? Naw he would have nothing to moan about. 

Faraway? Oh god no; he want's to sell to the Argies.  Hand a god an aw that.

shull; Naw he disnae like footy anymarir. Unless of course we drop the prices back tae two an a tanner.

Big Yards? Naw he wants a revolution .thinks he's Red Robbo. 

BuddieinEK?  Naw; he needs to take his tablets, he's far to excited since his second team beat us. He is a very confused man at the moment.

My tongue in cheek interpretation of just a few supporters and how I (ONLY I) think they might try to make it all right again for us buddies.  😎

1 hour ago, Big Yards said:

Frittered away any money we had from all the hard work of moving stadium, bringing through talented youth players, winning a cup, staying in the top flight etc

We Supporters right now should be asking for an emergency meeting with all the board and as half shareholders  tell them we have no confidence in their running of st mirren fc not investing more!!!

That's a step too far. There has been mistakes made through personal I'm guessing its cost us  but not to the point the club is in any danger of folding. The budget is probably low so we get on with it by backing the manager and players. The other stuff will take care of its self. 

19 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Indeed, as I continually say it is HIS club, HIS, not SMISA's, HIS,not the boards,  HIS, not the fans .........contrary to believe.  

No he has certainly not got everything right, but HE bailed the club out; NOT SMISA, HE puts his time in (without taking a wage), HE IS a fan,  and although I have never meet the man; I am fairly sure HE is trying his best to help Goody improve the squad.  Are we crap at the moment?  Yes we are. But and it's a very big BUT, who is most likely to improve St Mirrens chances of surviving in the premier league?

LPM? don't think so. I mean how would critiquing himself go down? Naw he would end up more confused than he is currently.  

How about Cornwell-Saint?  Naw, to far away. ............  far to far away, Oh wait a min that's the other fella.  

Maybe munoz?  Naw he loves Tony anyway.  Like lots of us do.

What about elvis, yes he could be the new Commercial Manager?   NOT. Na that quif would never work>

T.C? Naw he would have nothing to moan about. 

Faraway? Oh god no; he want's to sell to the Argies.  Hand a god an aw that.

shull; Naw he disnae like footy anymarir. Unless of course we drop the prices back tae two an a tanner.

Big Yards? Naw he wants a revolution .thinks he's Red Robbo. 

BuddieinEK?  Naw; he needs to take his tablets, he's far to excited since his second team beat us. He is a very confused man at the moment.

My tongue in cheek interpretation of just a few supporters and how I (ONLY I) think they might try to make it all right again for us buddies.  😎

He did not bail out anything ,he has not ,and will not one penny in to the club, but Smisa has and will continue to.

He is just the current largest  shareholder and in his agreement with Smisa ,they can remove him as chairman if he is not doing the job properly, he will remain as largest shareholder ,just not chairman.

He has failed in his promise at the time of the agreement to increase non football revenue ,to introduce new revenue  streams ,to promote the club , to get better deals on strips,to improve and build up hospitality  etc etc .

Big promises ,all just a sham to protect his shares .

Guest TPAFKATS

Frittered away any money we had from all the hard work of moving stadium, bringing through talented youth players, winning a cup, staying in the top flight etc
We Supporters right now should be asking for an emergency meeting with all the board and as half shareholders  tell them we have no confidence in their running of st mirren fc not investing more!!!

This post sums up the problem with a lot of fans view of buy the buds.
You are not a "half shareholder", Gordon Scott is chairman and the majority shareholder and its currently his financial risk (whatever that level of risk may be).

Also what is this money that was frittered away in the years following the stadium move? Ffs, do you not remember the financial situation under the last board? The club were mostly skint and sold our prize asset (McLean) for peanuts.

The current situation is far from ideal but let's make it out to be worse than it actually is.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

That's a step too far. There has been mistakes made through personal I'm guessing its cost us  but not to the point the club is in any danger of folding. The budget is probably low so we get on with it by backing the manager and players. The other stuff will take care of its self. 

Didn't you say the club was in "financial meltdown" over on P&B recently? :wacko:

10 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Didn't you say the club was in "financial meltdown" over on P&B recently? :wacko:

As I wrote on BAWA you cant go through the managers and players we have and not take a financial hit. Glad your garden is all rosy Colin. 13 days till kick off and nowhere near a full squad. 

4 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

And yet we're still in the top league. it's not all doom and gloom and things can still change. We all make mistakes and i'd like to think the BOD will learn from theirs, albeit i don't think they can afford to have another big mistake in the near future.

Lets see :

We were heading for league one. 

They appointed Ross and we stayed in the Championship. 

Crowds start to rise after falling to just below 3,000.

Supportex Ross and we Win the Championship. 

Crowds continue to rise to just below 3,700.

Ross decides, after weeks of indecision, to leave. Leaves a difficult job behind. 

Crowds rise to over 4,500

Stubbs appointed. Mistake (in retrospect). Recruits poorly. Is replaced by Kearney.  We retain our top league status. 

Crowds rise to over 5,500

MEANWHILE

Gus appointed as DOF. 

OK decides to go but even later than JR Did. 

Board acts quickly to bring in Jim Goodwin. 

Season Tickets Sales rise to 3,200 plus. 

Sure, there is more that can be done but its not all bad. 

The question of investment is not going to go away though. It was/is one of my main concerns on the model of fan ownership we have. 

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

He did not bail out anything ,he has not ,and will not one penny in to the club, but Smisa has and will continue to.

He is just the current largest  shareholder and in his agreement with Smisa ,they can remove him as chairman if he is not doing the job properly, he will remain as largest shareholder ,just not chairman.

He has failed in his promise at the time of the agreement to increase non football revenue ,to introduce new revenue  streams ,to promote the club , to get better deals on strips,to improve and build up hospitality  etc etc .

Big promises ,all just a sham to protect his shares .

And that helps how?

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

He has put in more than just one penny.

And please provide the proof that SMISA can remove him as Chairman before they have raised the money to buy his shares.

That's easy. You contact Smisa,as a member and ask if they can remove the chairman of the club. They can confirm this .

And he has put a penny in the club he paid money to buy  shares  ,that is all

1 minute ago, waldorf34 said:

That's easy. You contact Smisa,as a member and ask if they can remove the chairman of the club. They can confirm this .

And he has put a penny in the club he paid money to buy  shares  ,that is all

Waldorf. Buying the shares from other shareholders put money in their pockets. The money did not go into the club. 

As far as I know, GSL, has not lent nor invested in the club itself. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

As I wrote on BAWA you cant go through the managers and players we have and not take a financial hit. Glad your garden is all rosy Colin. 13 days till kick off and nowhere near a full squad. 

Cantonaesque response which doesn't hide another flip-flop.

Back on subject it'll be interesting to see what the wage for last season bill is when the Financial Accounts are published in November.

7 hours ago, shull said:

No point investing in any Club that can never win the League it's playing in.

That means only the Old firm would have any investment in our league then? What about clubs investing to win a place in Europe competitions or national trophy? Realistically only 2 Scottish clubs will win top prize in the SPL.