Coronavirus

faraway saint

Bloody incredulous. Jackson Carlaw on Reporting Scotland telling us all that "WE are at the point when WE've managed to get the virus under control ", and that, "WE've worked incredibly hard COLLECTIVELY to do that". Then has the cheek to tell us we should wear the face masks and follow the actions put in place. Feckin' rich from a UK mouthpiece who fought Nicola and her government at every turn demanding she moved faster out of lockdown. Typical f'n tory.

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Bloody incredulous. Jackson Carlaw on Reporting Scotland telling us all that "WE are at the point when WE've managed to get the virus under control ", and that, "WE've worked incredibly hard COLLECTIVELY to do that". Then has the cheek to tell us we should wear the face masks and follow the actions put in place. Feckin' rich from a UK mouthpiece who fought Nicola and her government at every turn demanding she moved faster out of lockdown. Typical f'n tory.

Carlaw's statement is incredible. You, presumably, are incredulous. (Pedant alert!)

20 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Nicola, first name terms are we? :lol:

Who mentioned telephone conversations?
Take off your tory/unionist specs.
In reality the way that these things work, as most sane individuals well know,is that there is a team of scientific advisors who study the evidence and come to a collective decision. This is then communicated to the first minister, who is not a scientific expert, by the incumbent chief medical officer/national clinical director, most likely in the form of a briefing either in person or by an online conference call.

This appears to be an argument based on a lie. There is no sign of the FOI claiming that the only scientific evidence was verbal on the SG publications website.

23 minutes ago, smcc said:

Carlaw's statement is incredible. You, presumably, are incredulous. (Pedant alert!)

Was using a bit of poetic licence. Didn't bother using "I'm" to ensure the "bloody" was emphasized. But carry ON with your pedantry. 🙂

Edited by stlucifer

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Nicola, first name terms are we? :lol:

I have actually met her on a couple of occasions and she did call me by my first name so I think it might be ok to use her first name. I'm pretty sure she's met a lot of people since then so I doubt she'd remember my name though. It's not like I was invited to an ambassador's soiree .🤣 

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I have actually met her on a couple of occasions and she did call me by my first name so I think it might be ok to use her first name. I'm pretty sure she's met a lot of people since then so I doubt she'd remember my name though. It's not like I was invited to an ambassador's soiree .🤣 

Lucille :heart Nicola

:lol:

This story is no surprise to me nor will it be to those who have read up on the work of Edgar Hope-Simpson

https://www.batimes.com.ar/news/amp/argentina/surprise-over-covid-19-cases-onboard-fishing-vessel-after-35-days-at-sea.phtml

Essentially an Argentine fishing boat docks in Ushuaia after 35 days at sea, after crew begin showing signs of coronavirus. Reports say 57 of the 61 crew-members onboard the 'Echizen Maru' – who all isolated for 14 days before setting sail and had all tested negative – have tested positive for coronavirus, puzzling experts.

The thing is, governments around the world have rushed to implement lockdowns, social distancing, masks, test and trace, etc without actually understanding how these viruses spread.

Anyone who thinks that test and trace can actually work is an idiot.

I wonder how this fits in to Nicola Sturgeon and @oaksoft’s plans to “eradicate Covid” 😂

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-422X-5-29

Edited by Sue Denim

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I can't wait for you to show some empathy 

I'm not interested in getting your validation. Get over yourself. :lol:

I'm surprised you had time to type that post. Shouldn't you be actively grieving and rendering garments for every one of those "poor souls" who die every day? Are your "thoughts and prayers" not with each and every one of them?

Perhaps you could open up a garden of remembrance in your own name so that while you grieve you can get some personal recognition for your efforts.

#empathytheTPAKthingyway

47 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

This story is no surprise to me nor will it be to those who have read up on the work of Edgar Hope-Simpson

https://www.batimes.com.ar/news/amp/argentina/surprise-over-covid-19-cases-onboard-fishing-vessel-after-35-days-at-sea.phtml

Essentially an Argentine fishing boat docks in Ushuaia after 35 days at sea, after crew begin showing signs of coronavirus. Reports say 57 of the 61 crew-members onboard the 'Echizen Maru' – who all isolated for 14 days before setting sail and had all tested negative – have tested positive for coronavirus, puzzling experts.

The thing is, governments around the world have rushed to implement lockdowns, social distancing, masks, test and trace, etc without actually understanding how these viruses spread.

Anyone who thinks that test and trace can actually work is an idiot.

I wonder how this fits in to Nicola Sturgeon and @oaksoft’s plans to “eradicate Covid😂

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-422X-5-29

Don't bring me into your batshit mental pish.

I want all restrictions lifted today.

Even for the likes of you Andy. I even want people like you to walk around the streets.

Edited by oaksoft

Winter wave of coronavirus 'could be worse than first'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53392148
[mention=15909]Cookie Monster[/mention] told us this wasn’t possible [emoji23][emoji23]
one way to protect the NHS would be if [mention=15909]Cookie Monster[/mention] stopped threatening to put anyone who humiliated him online into hospital [emoji23][emoji23]

Is the affectionately known #thichasfcuk trying to say its humiliated someone apart from itself [emoji23]

A FOI request has gone in for Nicola Sturgeon to release the scientific advice she has received throughout the crisis
Following the FOI request, it was revealed that the First Minister did not have any written scientific advice during the first few months of the coronavirus outbreak, and so none could be made available to the public.
Nicola Sturgeon said instead that the scientific advice that she had received had all been orally, by the National Clinical Director, Jason Leitch, and the Scottish Chief Medical Officer at the time, Catherine Calderwood, and so there was nothing to be released.
Deary me
As I suspected. There is no scientific advice and they’ve just been making it up as they go along.

Now, here's the real story.

Mr Findlay had asked for "any briefing, written advice, or report written by the National Clinical Director [Professor Jason Leitch] and/or the Chief Medical Officer [then Dr Catherine Calderwood]" on Covid from January 24 to March 9. The response from the Scottish Government said there were no such written briefings, and the two officials had given verbal updates instead.
After Ms Sturgeon was quizzed about the issued at a media briefing on Tuesday, the Scottish Government pointed out Mr Findlay's request only asked for briefings related to the CMO or NCD which passed on to First Minister of Health Secretary.
A spokesman said: "That is not the route by which briefing would be received by the First Minister and it is wrong to suggest or infer no briefings have been received on the basis of the material in this response."

#thichasfcuk as thichasfcuk ever. [emoji23]

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I'm not interested in getting your validation. Get over yourself. :lol:

I'm surprised you had time to type that post. Shouldn't you be actively grieving and rendering garments for every one of those "poor souls" who die every day? Are your "thoughts and prayers" not with each and every one of them?

Perhaps you could open up a garden of remembrance in your own name so that while you grieve you can get some personal recognition for your efforts.

#empathytheTPAKthingyway

Rending garments. 

Rendering goes on outside walls. 

I'm sure you know that. 

Guest TPAFKATS
I'm not interested in getting your validation. Get over yourself. [emoji38]
#empathytheTPAKthingyway
What makes you think I am looking to give you validation?

This says so much more about you than me.

I've never done or even claimed on here to have done any of those things.

Many posters on here do send "thoughts and prayers" on the many RIP threads that appear. I take no issue with that either way. You're really having a go at them now while mistakenly trying to have a go at me.

You really are a bitter and twisted individual. Given that you come across as do antisocial why are you even on a football forum?

29 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

What makes you think I am looking to give you validation?

This says so much more about you than me.

I've never done or even claimed on here to have done any of those things.

Many posters on here do send "thoughts and prayers" on the many RIP threads that appear. I take no issue with that either way. You're really having a go at them now while mistakenly trying to have a go at me.

You really are a bitter and twisted individual. Given that you come across as do antisocial why are you even on a football forum?

Increasingly, to call out virtue signallers like you and anyone else who claims to be morally superior to everyone else, I would suggest.

I'd rather not have to TBH but you and you're like can't seem to have any sort of conversation or debate where you don't engage in one of those two things.

Bitter and twisted eh? You're the one dishing out personal insults. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Increasingly, to call out virtue signallers like you and anyone else who claims to be morally superior to everyone else, I would suggest.

I'd rather not have to TBH but you and you're like can't seem to have any sort of conversation or debate where you don't engage in one of those two things.

Bitter and twisted eh? You're the one dishing out personal insults. :lol:

No personal insults. Observations. On the Autistic Spectrum? Single approach, linear, to argument. Reliance on qualifications, learned knowledge rather than intelligence. Lack of empathy with others. Protecting a fragile ego through being bombastic. Try leaving your safety blanket if you can. 

Well, pubs reopening today, great news, albeit later than it could have been.

Lots of other changes, all giving the business's a lifeline, especially the tourist industry. 

Let's see what happens, hopefully any minor rises in cases can be identified and contained and let us get back to life. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Well, pubs reopening today, great news, albeit later than it could have been.

Lots of other changes, all giving the business's a lifeline, especially the tourist industry. 

Let's see what happens, hopefully any minor rises in cases can be identified and contained and let us get back to life. 

Yeah I mean they "could" have never closed. :whistle