Coronavirus

faraway saint

Beer gardens and outdoor cafe, restaurants are in phase 2 so likelihood is their reopening up here will be announced next week. It was this prospect I suspect (based on the bullish nature of NS yesterday) that hastened the rumour of the same happening in England being brought forward, it was fuelled unsurprisingly by the press but seems to have been rebuffed by WM for now. I have absolutely no doubt that if we announce P2 including pubs, restaurants and cafes outdoors, next week WM will be forced to do likewise, the population down there simply won't stand for us having that and them not. 
ETA of course another possible is that the SG has assured WM that beer gardens etc definitely will not be reopening come the 18th thus dulling the enthusiasm down South.

Having just heard Sharma say at the daily briefing he has been in talks with NS today I now strongly suspect the Edit above to be the case unfortunately !!!

Guest TPAFKATS
This guy is doubling down on views we know aren't correct (that there shouldn't have been a lock-down, that this is no worse than a bad flu season, that lock-down has ended more lives than it's saved). It's nothing other than common sense to be on the side of the people combating him. 
Time will tell what happens next on second waves and the likes but it has been proven beyond doubt that the UK had to lock-down to avoid a near biblical level catastrophe. 
Doesn't matter to creepy. All about constantly posting to those that have blocked him in the hope someone replies alongside liking tinfoil Andy's posts hoping for a wee acknowledgement from the most laughed at poster in the sites history.

9 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:
This guy is doubling down on views we know aren't correct (that there shouldn't have been a lock-down, that this is no worse than a bad flu season, that lock-down has ended more lives than it's saved). It's nothing other than common sense to be on the side of the people combating him. 
Time will tell what happens next on second waves and the likes but it has been proven beyond doubt that the UK had to lock-down to avoid a near biblical level catastrophe. 

Doesn't matter to creepy. All about constantly posting to those that have blocked him in the hope someone replies alongside liking tinfoil Andy's posts hoping for a wee acknowledgement from the most laughed at poster in the sites history.

Stranger than fiction perhaps

49 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
Beer gardens and outdoor cafe, restaurants are in phase 2 so likelihood is their reopening up here will be announced next week. It was this prospect I suspect (based on the bullish nature of NS yesterday) that hastened the rumour of the same happening in England being brought forward, it was fuelled unsurprisingly by the press but seems to have been rebuffed by WM for now. I have absolutely no doubt that if we announce P2 including pubs, restaurants and cafes outdoors, next week WM will be forced to do likewise, the population down there simply won't stand for us having that and them not. 
ETA of course another possible is that the SG has assured WM that beer gardens etc definitely will not be reopening come the 18th thus dulling the enthusiasm down South.

Having just heard Sharma say at the daily briefing he has been in talks with NS today I now strongly suspect the Edit above to be the case unfortunately !!!

It's been happening up here to some degree already.

I'm just off the phone to my mate who lives up the west end of Glasgow. I was bemoaning the lack of having access to a pint. He told me that he's already had a couple.

He was out for a walk along Dumbarton Road last weekend when the weather was great. He noticed lots of people sitting outside Bag O' Nails. It turns out they were selling pints etc.in plastic glasses, and that people could sit outside and drink them. He said it would be rude not to have a couple. He said that it was very busy. He wandered along the road and Down to Earth , an upmarket coffee/café type place, was allowing you to buy drink, if you bought food. They even had tables set up across the road outside Ladbrokes, as all the shops etc on that side were shut. Again they were rammed.

He spoke to a couple of guys who said that they had bought a brownie each and were on their third beer.

That was happening all day and it would appear that the police had no problem with this method of trading.

I await with bated breath, for The Lord Lounsdale to employ such enterprising business acumen.:whistle

Edited by FTOF

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm just off the phone to my mate who lives up the west end of Glasgow. I was bemoaning the lack of having access to a pint. He told me that he's already had a couple.

He was out for a walk along Dumbarton Road last weekend when the weather was great. He noticed lots of people sitting outside Bag O' Nails. It turns out they were selling pints etc.in plastic glasses, and that people could sit outside and drink them. He said it would be rude not to have a couple. He said that it was very busy. He wandered along the road and Down to Earth , an upmarket coffee/café type place, was allowing you to buy drink, if you bought food. They even had tables set up across the road outside Ladbrokes, as all the shops etc on that side were shut. Again they were rammed.

He spoke to a couple of guys who said that they had bought a brownie each and were on their third beer.

That was happening all day and it would appear that the police had no problem with this method of trading.

I await with bated breath, for The Lord Lounsdale to employ such enterprising business acumen.:whistle

Have I said there is no lockdown? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

How utterly deranged do you need to be to compare this to a bad flu season without acknowledging that the deaths we have so far are after weeks of lockdown and social distancing.

What a tin foil trumpet. It's telling that only creepy from arbroath likes your posts.

I wonder how long it will take baz and budthebaker to realise they are arguing with a pair of thick fuds whose opinions really don't deserve the time of day?

Yes seen it reported in London and Edinburgh too. Why pay £3-£4 to drink beer out plastic tumblers in a park was my initial reaction to that but I suppose there is a "novelty" value. Lovely beer garden out my back door for now although a few nice ones down here but several attached to hotels so not certain to reopen until they can.

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Yes seen it reported in London and Edinburgh too. Why pay £3-£4 to drink beer out plastic tumblers in a park was my initial reaction to that but I suppose there is a "novelty" value. Lovely beer garden out my back door for now although a few nice ones down here but several attached to hotels so not certain to reopen until they can.

It was outside a pub, in what was effectively a normal pub situation, sitting in the sun. I can certainly see the attraction, plastic glass or not, and I didn't really go to the pub much before all of this.

However, after spending so many weeks in the house, I now realise that my couple of monthly visits to the pub with my mates for a night/afternoon out, are something that I'm never going to take for granted in the future.

10 hours ago, FTOF said:

It was outside a pub, in what was effectively a normal pub situation, sitting in the sun. I can certainly see the attraction, plastic glass or not, and I didn't really go to the pub much before all of this.

However, after spending so many weeks in the house, I now realise that my couple of monthly visits to the pub with my mates for a night/afternoon out, are something that I'm never going to take for granted in the future.

I've been thinking about this, when we are "allowed" to get back to a normal situation.

The novelty. and hesitation, to do things we used to take for granted.

Especially meeting family for the first time.

This has been the hardest issue for me, there's been plenty of times we've "met" but this distancing is difficult.

More so recently when more and more "people" have forgotten :lol: the rules.

13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Stranger than fiction perhaps

You may be onto something there... Maybe even my reactions will end up on a new trolling reality TV show, highlighting how easy it is to get people emotive with ridiculous and clearly false views.

These are the other changes happening in England from Monday......................drive in cinemas.....................how many are there? 

Zoos, safari parks, drive-in cinemas and other outdoor attractions are expected to be allowed to reopen in England from 15 June - as long as they follow social distancing rules

Just now, southsidebud said:

R number being reported at 0.6 - 0.8 - an important decrease taking us further away from the tipping point of 1.

Five more deaths so weekly downward trend continues. 

Most key figures decreasing so positive outlook continues for the moment.

Party at your hoose next weekend? :thumbs2

10 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Yep - we will be getting one other family round for a right old socially distanced knees up from the 18th 🙂

Will make a difference. We had a virtual 18th birthday party for one of my granddaughters. Enjoyed it but clearly not as good as being together.