Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:
4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
It's a pity that you are not able to carry out your argument without resorting to name calling. The points you both raise are interesting and worth debate. 

Shut up ya auld troll.

Thank you for your comment. Now perhaps you might try to advance your argument. I wait with baited breath. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 minute ago, Sue Denim said:

Just heading round to a friend’s house for a get together.

What can I say, I’m a popular guy.

Multiple households, indoors, no social distancing, no masks, lots of alcohol, lots of close social interaction.

Enjoy the lockdown guys. 🍺🍺🍺

Simply don't believe you. 

4 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Multiple households, indoors, no social distancing, no masks, lots of alcohol, lots of close social interaction.

See you soon. :thumbs2

Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:
2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
Are there reasons why such a small number who were eligible to attend did? 

Obviously parents didn't need or chose not to send their kids.

I accept that. My question really should have been why they might have made that decision. 

40 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

One those get together's... nice  :rolleyes:  Is it getting filmed 

I don't think you can blame the governments (Westminster or Holyrood) too much - from the article @TPAFKATS recommended

Many asked for the workings to be made public. As a team of experts wrote in The Lancet on March 17, “different scientists can reach different conclusions based on the same evidence, and small differences in assumptions can lead to large differences in model predictions”.  Professor Roberto Trotta warned that “the scientific basis for such decisions ought to be open to public scrutiny, both to check its soundness and for the sake of transparency and accountability.”

maybe a bit more openness but to an extent everyone was flying blind. 

What I do blame the government for is not realizing by Jan 23 (the first Cobra meeting) that there was going to be a run on PPE & test kits & probably even realizing that we'd need a track'n'trace program at some point, then dithering on easing lockdown restrictions where they seem to be "flying kites" and waiting on reactions rather than "following the science" and taking the lead - that's more a criticism of BJ/Westminster.

Spoiler

Oh, and the appalling statistics they have provided over the last 3 months!  :double FS

Edited by Bud the Baker

4 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

And in the real world...………….. :booty

How to advise house husbands

On 6/12/2020 at 6:25 PM, faraway saint said:

The ECDC, as Sue pointed out, only showed the number of cases had risen DUE to an increase in testing as the most likely reason.

They didn't show the headline, not past their peak.

Who are these economists? 

I'm no economist but I'll go  on record saying a lockdown WOULD have had a major impact on the Swedish economy, as the figures for the UK showed today, down over 20%.

If you honestly believe that well, there's no words. :byebye

That shines a light on testing in Sweden as a whole, it should be massively concerning to them... Oh wait it is, several leading health associated people in Sweden have spoken out against their handling of the pandemic, including people involved with the strategy.

https://www.ft.com/content/93105160-dcb4-4721-9e58-a7b262cd4b6e

https://www.politico.eu/article/swedens-cant-escape-economic-hit-with-covid-19-light-touch/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-19/sweden-in-very-deep-economic-crisis-despite-soft-lockdown

A few takes on the coronavirus still likely to have a significant impact on Sweden. As I have said, it remains secondary to me over people's lives but there are views this strategy may not have had as big a saving impact on the Swedish economy as some might think. 

If I honestly believe what? I feel a wee word spin coming from you here.