Coronavirus

faraway saint

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I referenced this, them not doing much testing means the true extent isn't known right now.

You've shown many times you couldn't care less about excessive deaths as long as it protects the economy (which it may not have done in Sweden). View is Sweden hasn't peaked yet, there are issues in all countries with reporting so "died out" is certainly not the right expression. 

You often referenced Sweden as your justification to ignore people dying in this country as long as the economy was protected, they have now largely admitted they are wrong, where does that leave you? 

Sweden haven’t admitted they were wrong. And Norway have now come out to say they shouldn’t have locked down either.

The lockdown you are supporting has killed 000s in the U.K., killing millions worldwide and has saved no-one.

Blood on your hands baz, blood in your hands. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The ECDC, as Sue pointed out, only showed the number of cases had risen DUE to an increase in testing as the most likely reason.

They didn't show the headline, not past their peak.

Who are these economists? 

I'm no economist but I'll go  on record saying a lockdown WOULD have had a major impact on the Swedish economy, as the figures for the UK showed today, down over 20%.

If you honestly believe that well, there's no words. :byebye

You said it... You are no economist. Of course Sweden would have and has taken a financial, hit. 

4 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Schools reopening has not triggered rise in infections in the EU

Lefty UK teachers want to enjoy their full pay lockdown holiday for a few months more though

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/18/french-minister-tells-of-risks-of-missing-school-as-more-pupils-return-covid-19

the headline sounds wonderful but "Blazenka Divjak, Croatian education minister, speaking in a press conference at the end of the meeting of ministers, said the lack of significant increase in cases or any other negative impact should also be seen in the context of the special measures taken to make schools as safe as possible.

She said: “What has been emphasised very strongly is that these schools [have] very highly guarded conditions like smaller groups than in normal classes, usually groups of around 15 and … very close cooperation with health ministries and epidemiological services on a national level to provide schools and teachers and parents with very detailed recommendations on how to deal with the new situation.

“So far we haven’t heard anything negative about the reopening of schools but it is probably too early to have final conclusions on that.”

The article also says that the vast majority of the schools have been open(in this very limited way) for only a fortnight.

28 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

I haven’t changed my mind says Sweden’s science chief

oh dear, @bazil85 gets it wrong

yet again 😂

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/06/sometimes-feel-like-punchbag-architect-swedens-virus-model-another/

What's this argument all about? 

Sweden took a different path. A bit more like Brazil. Right or wrong that's what they chose. 

15 hours ago, smcc said:

the headline sounds wonderful but "Blazenka Divjak, Croatian education minister, speaking in a press conference at the end of the meeting of ministers, said the lack of significant increase in cases or any other negative impact should also be seen in the context of the special measures taken to make schools as safe as possible.

She said: “What has been emphasised very strongly is that these schools [have] very highly guarded conditions like smaller groups than in normal classes, usually groups of around 15 and … very close cooperation with health ministries and epidemiological services on a national level to provide schools and teachers and parents with very detailed recommendations on how to deal with the new situation.

“So far we haven’t heard anything negative about the reopening of schools but it is probably too early to have final conclusions on that.”

The article also says that the vast majority of the schools have been open(in this very limited way) for only a fortnight.

As you'll be aware schools have been open throughout this for kids with parents who are key workers.

So far, in this area, there's been no positive cases of the virus.

I'm, pleasantly, surprised as these kids have parents who could be seen as very high on the list to catch the virus.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

As you'll be aware schools have been open throughout this for kids with parents who are key workers.

I'm, pleasantly, surprised as these kids have parents who could be seen as very high on the list to catch the virus.

I know a few people who have been supervising the hubs and the number of pupils in these hubs hasn't risen above single figures, for the most part.

It was usually four of five pupils at the most. Although, as people have started to go back to work over the past couple of weeks, the numbers have certainly been increasing. Social distancing has been easy to implement in the hubs.

Might be different for other local authorities though.

Edited by FTOF

25,000 sick and elderly patients thrown out of hospitals and Covid seeded into care homes as part of the Tory police state lockdown policy supported by @bazil85 and @TPAFKATS

Lockdown has killed tens of 000s in the U.K. and will kill millions worldwide. Time to end it. 

https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Readying-the-NHS-and-adult-social-care-in-England-for-COVID-19.pdf

On 6/10/2020 at 8:06 AM, St.Ricky said:

Thinking and the Wee Man is very much unlikely. However, some people will return as ducks to water and others more cautiously like the Wee man using soap to wash monthly. Even if he doesn't need it. 

God knows I'm no fan of faraway, but, give it a feckin' rest you sad, tiny minded troll.

Edited by stlucifer

17 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

A couple of great quotes in there.

The science of prediction, especially when it comes to something so novel, is inexact, full of pitfalls. It is building a house of cards on quicksand.

This Government didn’t “follow the science”. It cornered the science. Bullied it into sounding certain, on a subject with no certainty. We deserve the honesty of scientific doubt.

Need to bear in mind that under 10% of those eligible to attend school have been and it representsjust 1% of normal school roles, numbers are pitiful in most areas. But yes no news of any positive tests in the few attending.

This, or similar, currently doing the rounds on Facebook. 

My garden is a safe zone.We can sit 2 metres apart♥️ Face masks not required unless you need/want to. I always have coffee, tea, cold drink 🥤 You are welcome to bring a bottle 🤣. (Hate making t or coffee as many of u will know so it’s advised you bring your own bottle 🤪.My table is non-judgmental. Any family or friend who needs to chat are always welcome. We can talk, share a laugh, or just listen. If you're hungry,  I'll feed you. I will always do my best to be available... you are always welcome!! This is a value that has been lost... I'm hoping, at least one friend copies this and posts it 😘 xxx

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Need to bear in mind that under 10% of those eligible to attend school have been and it representsjust 1% of normal school roles, numbers are pitiful in most areas. But yes no news of any positive tests in the few attending.

Are there reasons why such a small number who were eligible to attend did? 

25,000 sick and elderly patients thrown out of hospitals and Covid seeded into care homes as part of the Tory police state lockdown policy supported by [mention=8643]bazil85[/mention] and [mention=536]TPAFKATS[/mention]
Lockdown has killed tens of 000s in the U.K. and will kill millions worldwide. Time to end it. 

https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Readying-the-NHS-and-adult-social-care-in-England-for-COVID-19.pdf

What sicknesses were these elderly patients suffering from? It wouldn't be the ones ehhhhh that the care homes were established to care for.

And would that be 10,000 less than were discharged last year over the same time period? Sort of makes your figures look like they've been written by a #thichasfcuk person.

The gift that keeps on giving. [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

What sicknesses were these elderly patients suffering from? It wouldn't be the ones ehhhhh that the care homes were established to care for.

And would that be 10,000 less than were discharged last year over the same time period? Sort of makes your figures look like they've been written by a #thichasfcuk person.

The gift that keeps on giving. emoji23.png

It's a pity that you are not able to carry out your argument without resorting to name calling. The points you both raise are interesting and worth debate.