Jump to content

shull

Well Done The Northbank

Recommended Posts


3 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Remember in the Hendrie championship season they were charging us £2 more than the home fans to sit in the same stand!

I remember it well. 

I got charged £11.

They were charged £9

I have boycotted those thieving cnuts since that Season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A couple of points
- Not sure where you're getting 20 or so - the last few times we've been at Livi the group has filled that bit near the corner, the group usually take a decent number to every ground we visit
- If you look back at statements the group has put out - they said there will various types of protests until the powers that be take notice, might just be a small action but it's something to catch attention, similar actions to what fans done in Germany during their campaign, no one can deny that in the end they achieved very positive results
So you've got St mirren fans whose club hike prices for old bigot games by over 20% for all fans telling Livi they charge too much?

P.s. that 20% hike IS built into season ticket prices. They would be lower pro rata if every ST game was priced the same!

And no doubt supporters bosses will take a bit of a hit if less travel. A couple were on the verge if folding had we not got promoted recently. If less travel, and/or it becomes less certain when boycotts are called then they'll be reviewing their viabilty again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'd also add that whilst the timing of this isn't great with regard to our league position and our real chance to break away from the relegation zone, nobody should be criticising anyone for standing up for themselves on issues like this.

£25 midweek just can't be justified. I know they assume enough of us will pay it as it's a big game for us and an average game for them (they already have their ST money upfront) - but they are wrong to assume this. Blatant attempt to rip off our support

27 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So you've got St mirren fans whose club hike prices for old bigot games by over 20% for all fans telling Livi they charge too much?

P.s. that 20% hike IS built into season ticket prices. They would be lower pro rata if every ST game was priced the same!

And no doubt supporters bosses will take a bit of a hit if less travel. A couple were on the verge if folding had we not got promoted recently. If less travel, and/or it becomes less certain when boycotts are called then they'll be reviewing their viabilty again.

£20 should be the cap for all away games, Celtic & Rangers fans would mostly agree. A £20 cap would at least keep football somewhat affordable to the regular punter, and secure the future of supporters buses. As it stands, a supporters bus has to rely on members having a few hundred quid available just for tickets. It's no wonder that some are struggling. An individual boycott won't do much harm, but £25-30 every second week would!

Edited by Doakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
£20 should be the cap for all away games, Celtic & Rangers fans would mostly agree. A £20 cap would at least keep football somewhat affordable to the regular punter, and secure the future of supporters buses. As it stands, a supporters bus has to rely on members having a few hundred quid available just for tickets. It's no wonder that some are struggling. An individual boycott won't do much harm, but £24 every second week would!
You see theres the nub... it should be £20 for everyone. And our club actually seek to profit at both home and away fans expense.
Remember our club have already priced kids and families out of OF games by kicking them out the family stand and they can rip off more OF fans.
And any home fans who dony have a ST, whilst hiking the overall price of an ST including three games.
So should you call out other clubs for the crimes you are committing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A couple of points
- Not sure where you're getting 20 or so - the last few times we've been at Livi the group has filled that bit near the corner, the group usually take a decent number to every ground we visit
- If you look back at statements the group has put out - they said there will various types of protests until the powers that be take notice, might just be a small action but it's something to catch attention, similar actions to what fans done in Germany during their campaign, no one can deny that in the end they achieved very positive results
Tonight is hardly a protest though, not on a night when very few will travel anyway.

Surely if you want to protest, you want maximum impact?

Was interesting that a post last night from a key member of the group admitted that he was still going to the match... before quickly deleting it.

Does that not undermine and devalue the protest and reduce it to little more than empty rhetoric?

I fully support the point they are trying to make. Just don't see the point in doing it tonight, partially!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah boycott these clubs that have the same costs for attending an away game lol

 

Is that the sound of someone shooting themselves in the foot?

Is Scottish football too expensive for fans? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50813076

 

Funny thing on the cheapest ST prices there. It day6s we are £240, but the early bird for adult west stand was £303..

 

Is the £240 figure family stand adult minus OF games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You see theres the nub... it should be £20 for everyone. And our club actually seek to profit at both home and away fans expense.
Remember our club have already priced kids and families out of OF games by kicking them out the family stand and they can rip off more OF fans.
And any home fans who dony have a ST, whilst hiking the overall price of an ST including three games.
So should you call out other clubs for the crimes you are committing?

If you want my opinion, I believe the away cap would be more effective, for a few reasons

- Fans that travel to every game, home and away, are the ones who are struggling the most with these increases. Football has always been a working class sport

- Football is a business, corporate events/tickets are a big part of the revenue that comes in

- Clubs should be free to charge their own fans whatever they like, but ripping off travelling punters based on the fact that "they'll probably pay it anyway", should be stopped. That should be the priority goal here

- Clubs already have incentives for home fans such as early bird season ticket offers / monthly options , so generally treat their own fans pretty well

- If I was in charge, I'd introduce some kind of pre-paid Monzo type St Mirren membership card, where you can pre load your card to scan into matches, a bit like an Oyster card. You should also be able to buy merchandise and maybe even show it in local pubs/restaurants etc to get deals for being a St Mirren club member. Golf courses have a similar system where you can buy drinks at the bar with your members card 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Tonight is hardly a protest though, not on a night when very few will travel anyway.

Surely if you want to protest, you want maximum impact?

Was interesting that a post last night from a key member of the group admitted that he was still going to the match... before quickly deleting it.

Does that not undermine and devalue the protest and reduce it to little more than empty rhetoric?

I fully support the point they are trying to make. Just don't see the point in doing it tonight, partially!

I think he is taking the twentys plenty banner along to sit in the place we usually stand 

Small action, but it's getting a fair amount of attention - the main thing is getting the conversation going, that's how football culture works and that's how progress will be made

Quite a few clubs getting involved now - St Johnstone fans have a banner too 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Doakes said:

If you want my opinion, I believe the away cap would be more effective, for a few reasons

- Fans that travel to every game, home and away, are the ones who are struggling the most with these increases. Football has always been a working class sport

- Football is a business, corporate events/tickets are a big part of the revenue that comes in

- Clubs should be free to charge their own fans whatever they like, but ripping off travelling punters based on the fact that "they'll probably pay it anyway", should be stopped. That should be the priority goal here

- Clubs already have incentives for home fans such as early bird season ticket offers / monthly options , so generally treat their own fans pretty well

- If I was in charge, I'd introduce some kind of pre-paid Monzo type St Mirren membership card, where you can pre load your card to scan into matches, a bit like an Oyster card. You should also be able to buy merchandise and maybe even show it in local pubs/restaurants etc to get deals for being a St Mirren club member. Golf courses have a similar system where you can buy drinks at the bar with your members card 

Does that include The Old Bigots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wasn't planning to go to Livi tonight, but now I'm boycotting the game instead as a protest against over-pricing.
Feck I'm in... or rather out, too!
I hereby announce my boycott of a game I had no Intention of attending!
"I'm f**kug Spartacus".... respect to K Douglas (deceased) RiP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think he is taking the twentys plenty banner along to sit in the place we usually stand 
Small action, but it's getting a fair amount of attention - the main thing is getting the conversation going, that's how football culture works and that's how progress will be made
Quite a few clubs getting involved now - St Johnstone fans have a banner too 
 
Re the first line... so it's not a Boycott?
Or is someone Boycotting by paying the price they insist they wont pay..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, pod said:

Does that include The Old Bigots. 

Yep, we shouldn't be ripping them off either 

At the risk of sounding like St Ricky - the best way to deal with them is to punt as many season tickets to our fans as we can - give them the away stand only, and treat them the same as every other club. Give out free tickets if we need to, just get as many bums on St Mirren seats as we can. There's always going to be some that end up in the home end, but it's difficult to stop that in reality

That's why I like the idea of introducing some kind of pre loaded club supporters card, we could at least ensure that everyone in the St Mirren end had went to the effort of signing up for a card, even if they've not bought a ST 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think he is taking the twentys plenty banner along to sit in the place we usually stand 
Small action, but it's getting a fair amount of attention - the main thing is getting the conversation going, that's how football culture works and that's how progress will be made
Quite a few clubs getting involved now - St Johnstone fans have a banner too 
 
I mentioned no names.
I support the cause.

Waste of time and effort tonight... Nobody will notice and I'll be astonished if it gets any press...

It should have been advertised in advance to include ALL away supporters... and at a game where it would be noticed... eg Killie, Well or Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s the perfect game for this boycott. We have a packed fixture list this month with every game bar the cup replay more than 20 pound, it’s far too much money to expect, for people saying they suspect its due to the weather, well it never stopped anyone going to Inverness, topless in the pissing rain 2 years ago did it? I think it’s a good idea although I won’t be boycotting myself, it seems to have got a fair bit of attention on twitter which can only be the start of a good thing, all fans at clubs should be making a point, we get offered piss poor football at a premium rate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So you've got St mirren fans whose club hike prices for old bigot games by over 20% for all fans telling Livi they charge too much?

P.s. that 20% hike IS built into season ticket prices. They would be lower pro rata if every ST game was priced the same!

And no doubt supporters bosses will take a bit of a hit if less travel. A couple were on the verge if folding had we not got promoted recently. If less travel, and/or it becomes less certain when boycotts are called then they'll be reviewing their viabilty again.

20 pound across the board is the way it should be maximum, the banner has been brought to every game this season and if the powers that be at the club would allow, it would probably be at every home game too. It’s easier to make a point at away games as there’s not about 15 different hurdles the boys need to jump to get a banner in.

The club just don’t like anyone going against them, you for one should know this as it’s all you seem to spout🤷‍♂️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mattman said:

I think it’s the perfect game for this boycott. We have a packed fixture list this month with every game bar the cup replay more than 20 pound, it’s far too much money to expect, for people saying they suspect its due to the weather, well it never stopped anyone going to Inverness, topless in the pissing rain 2 years ago did it? I think it’s a good idea although I won’t be boycotting myself, it seems to have got a fair bit of attention on twitter which can only be the start of a good thing, all fans at clubs should be making a point, we get offered piss poor football at a premium rate. 

The perfect time for a boycott would be for fans of each club to co-ordinate this sort of action on a single match day.

Believe me, that would get the attention of club chairmen. If Saints take 200 fans tonight instead of perhaps 800 that'll be a loss to Livingston of £15k if my arithmetic holds up. There's no way that can be ignored but if that had happened across the Scottish Prem at every ground you'd see change happening pretty damn swiftly.

BUT, it's not up to me to tell people what to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...