Jump to content

shull

Could Coronavirus Kill Our 42 Clubs

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Basher would be all over that.

 

1 hour ago, Dickson said:

Its happening already. A few clubs have been setting up competitions. I was sent one last night from Leyton Orient trying to get a tournament sorted with 62 fans from different clubs. 

If there is to be some sort of lock down it could be a great way to create a social element through the club support. I'm shite at Fifa but Id be up for playing

 

I fear my Barry Lavety/e-sports mini joke-ette has been overlooked here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Dickson said:

I don't know although I presume it certainly could. My understanding is that the club is debt free but I've no idea what kind of cash reserves they've got. What does seem obvious is that the chairman doesn't have lots of money to put into the business and he has been trying to sell the club for a few months now. 

 

This crisis is likely to see a number of clubs struggle. It will be sad to see, but the writing has been on the wall for many years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barcabhoy (a poster on Celtic forums and TSF The Scottish Football Forum) produced the above table a while ago.  It is a wee bit out of date now (December) and Motherwell, for instance, are more solid with some player sales made.

Sevco just needs that £30m for Morelos and it'll be ok, too.

Or a unicorn to lay them a golden egg...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, antrin said:

Barcabhoy (a poster on Celtic forums and TSF The Scottish Football Forum) produced the above table a while ago.  It is a wee bit out of date now (December) and Motherwell, for instance, are more solid with some player sales made.

Sevco just needs that £30m for Morelos and it'll be ok, too.

Or a unicorn to lay them a golden egg...?

There is no way he could possibly know the current cash position of each club in the league or the monthly outgoings.

He may be guessing based on previous years accounts but that's a different matter altogether.

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

There is no way he could possibly know the current cash position of each club in the league or the monthly outgoings.

He may be guessing based on previous years accounts but that's a different matter altogether.

Good edit.  Barca knows his stuff.

 

ps

wrt sevco - King removed them from any place that demanded a reporting of accounts or freedom of info.  And it has not got a line of credit from any bank.  Plus King has been given the Cold Shoulder by the City of London.   There have been Erratic statements about financial situations, in the Big Hoose.  Lots of smoke and mirrors - though apparently there are now a couple of Asian investors with a spare £10m each to offer.

 

These are certainly interesting times.  :)

 

Edited by antrin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, antrin said:

Sevco just needs that £30m for Morelos and it'll be ok, too.

Or a unicorn to lay them a golden egg...?

At the present moment, more chance with the golden egg.  Watch the English clubs when they starve of TV and sponsorship money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, pod said:

At the present moment, more chance with the golden egg.  Watch the English clubs when they starve of TV and sponsorship money. 

Anyone who has tracked the English game for a while knows it's been on a knife-edge for ages.

I think we'll have seen the last of the ridiculously inflated TV deals, too. 

Corona is going to be a huge watershed moment, for football and for society.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

There is no way he could possibly know the current cash position of each club in the league or the monthly outgoings.

He may be guessing based on previous years accounts but that's a different matter altogether.

Why do you say this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And BarcaBHOY would have no ulterior motive in highlighting who had the biggest financial predicament would he ???

Barcabhoy (a poster on Celtic forums and TSF The Scottish Football Forum) produced the above table a while ago.  It is a wee bit out of date now (December) and Motherwell, for instance, are more solid with some player sales made.
Sevco just needs that £30m for Morelos and it'll be ok, too.
Or a unicorn to lay them a golden egg...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

And BarcaBHOY would have no ulterior motive in highlighting who had the biggest financial predicament would he ???

f**k me I think even Stevie Wonder could have seen who is most at risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeezo, sport almost annihilated for the near future..............

CORONAVIRUS LATEST (UPDATED MONDAY 16TH MARCH):

FOOTBALL

Premier League / EFL / FA Cup / WSL - suspended until 3rd April

Scottish Football - suspended indefinitely

Welsh / Northern Irish Football - suspended until 4th April

Champions League / Europa League - all matches w/c 16th March postponed - meeting to be held on Tuesday 17th March to discuss

La Liga - suspended until 3rd April

Serie A - suspended until 3rd April

Bundesliga - suspended until 2nd April

Eredivisie - suspended until 3rd April

Ligue One - suspended indefinitely

MLS - suspended until 11th April

RUGBY UNION

England - all rugby suspended for 5 weeks from 16th March

European Cup / Challenge matches for 3rd April postponed

Pro14 - suspended indefinitely

Super Rugby - suspended from Monday 16th March for the foreseeable future 

France - all rugby suspended indefinitely

RUGBY LEAGUE

Super League - suspended until 3rd April

NRL - to continue behind closed doors 

US SPORT

MLB - suspended indefinitely
NBA - suspended indefinitely
NHL - suspended indefinitely
XFL - suspended indefinitely


OTHER SPORT

Cricket
Postponed - 
England Tour of Sri Lanka
India v South Africa ODI's Australia v New Zealand ODI's

Start of IPL delayed to 15th April

Cycling
Giro d'Italia postponed
All events suspended until at least 3rd April

Golf
Players Championship cancelled
Masters postponed

Motorsport
F1 - First four races cancelled - next scheduled is Dutch GP on 3rd May
Moto GP suspended until 3rd May
Formula E suspended for two months
World Superbikes suspended until mid-April
NASCAR suspended for next two races

London Marathon postponed until 4th October

Squash
PSA Tour suspended until end of April

Ice Hockey
UK Elite League cancels remainder of season

UFC 
UFC London on Saturday 21st March to be moved out of the UK - most likely USA

GAA suspended until 29th March 

Darts - PDC cancel Premier League in Newcastle and Rotterdam

Netball
Superleague season is suspended until further notice

Tennis - Men's and Women's Tour suspended until 2nd May

Horse racing in Britain will be held behind closed doors

Boxing - Olympic qualifying event in London will be suspended after Monday 16th March

Boat Race on 29th March - cancelled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, sport almost annihilated for the near future..............

CORONAVIRUS LATEST (UPDATED MONDAY 16TH MARCH):

FOOTBALL

Premier League / EFL / FA Cup / WSL - suspended until 3rd April

Scottish Football - suspended indefinitely

Welsh / Northern Irish Football - suspended until 4th April

Champions League / Europa League - all matches w/c 16th March postponed - meeting to be held on Tuesday 17th March to discuss

La Liga - suspended until 3rd April

Serie A - suspended until 3rd April

Bundesliga - suspended until 2nd April

Eredivisie - suspended until 3rd April

Ligue One - suspended indefinitely

MLS - suspended until 11th April

RUGBY UNION

England - all rugby suspended for 5 weeks from 16th March

European Cup / Challenge matches for 3rd April postponed

Pro14 - suspended indefinitely

Super Rugby - suspended from Monday 16th March for the foreseeable future 

France - all rugby suspended indefinitely

RUGBY LEAGUE

Super League - suspended until 3rd April

NRL - to continue behind closed doors 

US SPORT

MLB - suspended indefinitely
NBA - suspended indefinitely
NHL - suspended indefinitely
XFL - suspended indefinitely


OTHER SPORT

Cricket
Postponed - 
England Tour of Sri Lanka
India v South Africa ODI's Australia v New Zealand ODI's

Start of IPL delayed to 15th April

Cycling
Giro d'Italia postponed
All events suspended until at least 3rd April

Golf
Players Championship cancelled
Masters postponed

Motorsport
F1 - First four races cancelled - next scheduled is Dutch GP on 3rd May
Moto GP suspended until 3rd May
Formula E suspended for two months
World Superbikes suspended until mid-April
NASCAR suspended for next two races

London Marathon postponed until 4th October

Squash
PSA Tour suspended until end of April

Ice Hockey
UK Elite League cancels remainder of season

UFC 
UFC London on Saturday 21st March to be moved out of the UK - most likely USA

GAA suspended until 29th March 

Darts - PDC cancel Premier League in Newcastle and Rotterdam

Netball
Superleague season is suspended until further notice

Tennis - Men's and Women's Tour suspended until 2nd May

Horse racing in Britain will be held behind closed doors

Boxing - Olympic qualifying event in London will be suspended after Monday 16th March

Boat Race on 29th March - cancelled

It's almost as though everyone in the world recognises it's not "just the fecking flu". :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's almost as though everyone in the world recognises it's not "just the fecking flu". :lol:

Tell me I did ask you before, what are the symptoms and you still don't get it's almost the same as this virus.

As usual, you don't like answering questions that confirm you're having a nightmare..........................run along, you've got a business to run. 

Rattled aren't you? :byebye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's almost as though everyone in the world recognises it's not "just the fecking flu". :lol:

 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

As usual, you don't like answering questions that confirm you're having a nightmare..........................run along, you've got a business to run. 

 

As we’re talking about running...  and EVERYTHING being cancelled...

”my” running club’s annual classic 15 mile XC race is STILL on for Saturday.

usually about 250-350 participants.  No prizes.

very muddy forest right now, lots of hills, real not plastic grass and burns,...we’ve run it through blizzards... very little impedes XC runners...

For 70+ years now.

Modern softie people running the club these days...  I am a little bit worried that they’ll bottle it...  :unsure:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, antrin said:

wrt sevco - King removed them from any place that demanded a reporting of accounts or freedom of info.  And it has not got a line of credit from any bank.  Plus King has been given the Cold Shoulder by the City of London.   There have been Erratic statements about financial situations, in the Big Hoose.  Lots of smoke and mirrors - though apparently there are now a couple of Asian investors with a spare £10m each to offer.
"."............................................

How embarrassing! One of the putative Asian investors may be a Buddie!

shock horror!

thought buddies were not so daft...?

 

It’s not a Motherwell born billionaire this time, but a Paisley one.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-mystery-investor-revealed-real-21703185.amp?

rangers mystery investor revealed as real estate mogul stuart gibson

the japan-based businessman was in glasgow last week to meet the current ibrox regime as dave king prepares to step down.

property funding expert stuart gibson is on the verge of ploughing millions into rangers and becoming the most influential figurehead in the ibrox boardroom.

record sport can reveal the japan-based businessman was in glasgow last week to meet with the current regime as he edges closer to completing a deal which will see dave king step away from his position as chairman.

paisley born gibson has made his fortune in the far east since moving there in 1999 and his real estate company esr boasts of having more than £1.5billion worth of assets under its management.

it’s understood the life-long rangers supporter was initially attracted to the idea of investing in the club around six months ago after discussions with current director george taylor, a senior investment banker with morgan stanley, based in hong kong.

gibson has secretly attended a number of games during that time including a betfred cup semi final win over hearts in november and the defeat to celtic in december’s final.

gibson had also planned to be at ibrox for sunday’s old firm derby before it was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

but it’s anticipated gibson will then go a stage further by buying up king’s share holding – and becoming the key player behind the scenes.

a close source said: “stuart is extremely excited about this opportunity because he’s been a massive rangers supporter his whole life.

“he met george taylor as part of a business deal and it was during those discussions that the idea was planted. the talks became very serious form that moment and now it looks as if the deal could be announced very shortly.”

gibson is the co-founder and joint chief executive of e-shang redwood or esr, a hong kong-based property development group.

in the last month he launched a £200m plan to build the largest goods distribution centre in nagoya, japan’s fourth largest city.

in march last year, it was announced that esr has acquired a parcel of land on japan’s tokyo bay for the development of a $1 billion warehouse

POSTED BY easyjambo on TSFM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
10 hours ago, antrin said:

POSTED BY easyjambo on TSFM

Given his age, how can he be a lifelong fan of an 8 year old club? Just saying.

That’s  easy.

he’s a paisley Buddie, who supports Rangers, has made £billions and wants to invest it in an abyssal black investment hole called sevco.  Aye, right!

For further proof - this is being published in the Daily Record.

it’s easier believing in the Tooth Fairy.

 

 

ps here's a couple of quotes I read somewhere recently...

Fool: Someone who too readily believes improbable claims from questionable sources on insufficient evidence.

Record: Improbable claims from questionable sources with insufficient evidence.

 

Edited by antrin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, antrin said:

shock horror!

thought buddies were not so daft...?

 

It’s not a Motherwell born billionaire this time, but a Paisley one.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-mystery-investor-revealed-real-21703185.amp?

rangers mystery investor revealed as real estate mogul stuart gibson

the japan-based businessman was in glasgow last week to meet the current ibrox regime as dave king prepares to step down.

property funding expert stuart gibson is on the verge of ploughing millions into rangers and becoming the most influential figurehead in the ibrox boardroom.

record sport can reveal the japan-based businessman was in glasgow last week to meet with the current regime as he edges closer to completing a deal which will see dave king step away from his position as chairman.

paisley born gibson has made his fortune in the far east since moving there in 1999 and his real estate company esr boasts of having more than £1.5billion worth of assets under its management.

it’s understood the life-long rangers supporter was initially attracted to the idea of investing in the club around six months ago after discussions with current director george taylor, a senior investment banker with morgan stanley, based in hong kong.

gibson has secretly attended a number of games during that time including a betfred cup semi final win over hearts in november and the defeat to celtic in december’s final.

gibson had also planned to be at ibrox for sunday’s old firm derby before it was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

but it’s anticipated gibson will then go a stage further by buying up king’s share holding – and becoming the key player behind the scenes.

a close source said: “stuart is extremely excited about this opportunity because he’s been a massive rangers supporter his whole life.

“he met george taylor as part of a business deal and it was during those discussions that the idea was planted. the talks became very serious form that moment and now it looks as if the deal could be announced very shortly.”

gibson is the co-founder and joint chief executive of e-shang redwood or esr, a hong kong-based property development group.

in the last month he launched a £200m plan to build the largest goods distribution centre in nagoya, japan’s fourth largest city.

in march last year, it was announced that esr has acquired a parcel of land on japan’s tokyo bay for the development of a $1 billion warehouse

POSTED BY easyjambo on TSFM

I know him, although I know his brother better.

Gallowhill born and bred.

Haven't seen him in years so can't comment on him as a person although his brother is a great guy. 

PS One thing I do know, he's not daft. 

Edited by faraway saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...