Sign in to follow this  
faraway saint

Ross County v St Mirren, Wed 21/4

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Durmus was MOM.by a mile. He was excellent emoji122.png good debut for young Henderson as well

Rumours abound, (really) that Durmus is away and Quaner is too many pennies for us charity cases, shame as on the little we have seen he does seem to have potential and Durmus who has been OK + not superb does seem to be coming on to his game. Funny that how players looking for a new contract / club; suddenly become ........................ better, or am I just a sinic?

Ha ha ha. What a brilliant typo. I’m no changing that. 
If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you delete or correct it, that'll be the end of it.

Bastrad

3 hours ago, jaybee said:

Rumours abound, (really) that Durmus is away and Quaner is too many pennies for us charity cases, shame as on the little we have seen he does seem to have potential and Durmus who has been OK + not superb does seem to be coming on to his game. Funny that how players looking for a new contract / club; suddenly become ........................ better, or am I just a sinic?

In the case of Durmus, I'd say yes you are. He's been consistently good for us across his 2 years apart from a 3 month spell at the start of the season. 

Great result and some good performances. Ilkay outstanding. Collin and young Jay meeting the challenge. And a special mention to Erwin for his goal and the great vision and pass for the second. Hope Ilkay stays and Collin decides he loves Paisley too much to leave.

I just watched Jim Goodwin's interview from official site he literally admits he went there looking for a draw he didn't think we could win the game with the players he had at his disposal .He really needs to get rid of his cautious approach and start believing in his team even Erwin said it was the plan to sit off them Jim really needs to change his mindset and start believing in his players rather than worrying about other teams because we are a good team being held back

Great fightback last night. Durmus played well and got a deserved goal. Quaner looked the part - what a shame we haven't had a chance to see him properly until now - but perhaps a useful surprise to spring in the cup?

When was the last time we could look forward to a Scottish Cup QF without worrying about a potential top flight relegation?

Its a good feeling!

39 minutes ago, elvis said:

I just watched Jim Goodwin's interview from official site he literally admits he went there looking for a draw he didn't think we could win the game with the players he had at his disposal .He really needs to get rid of his cautious approach and start believing in his team even Erwin said it was the plan to sit off them Jim really needs to change his mindset and start believing in his players rather than worrying about other teams because we are a good team being held back

In fairness, I think last night's tactics were probably down to injuries and a much reduced squad 

Possible but how many games have  we actually played for ninety minutes this season it's as if we are a one half team it's as if we are waiting to see how good other team are before deciding it's worth having a go it does my head in we should be letting other teams worry about us I honestly believe with a different mindset from the manager this season could have been so so much better than it is .He admitted he was to cautious last season but he's still doing the same thing guess a leopard can't change its spots.

Edited by elvis

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You'd be forgiven for thinking we got skelped last night rather than deservedly winning with about 60% of a squad...

No one is saying we didn't deserve to win .I'm saying we should let the team off the reingns And stop being so cautious and only playing for 45 minutes.

13 minutes ago, elvis said:

Possible but how many games have  we actually played for ninety minutes this season it's as if we are a one half team it's as if we are waiting to see how good other team are before deciding it's worth having a go it does my head in we should be letting other teams worry about us I honestly believe with a different mindset from the manager this season could have been so so much better than it is .He admitted he was to cautious last season but he's still doing the same thing guess a leopard can't change its spots.

Please list teams that have played for 90 mins this season ?

You obviously haven't watched much football

If Jim's cautious approach lands us 7th ,  a good SC along with a semi already achieved and the only team to beat Sevco, I will take his guidance any day over your ramblings .

Difference is Goody is respected by Saints fans, your just a fanny

Just now, DougJamie said:

If Jim's cautious approach lands us 7th ,  a good SC along with a semi already achieved and the only team to beat Sevco, I will take his guidance any day over your ramblings .

And your just a f**king idiot if you don't understand my post .

One of the most important issues is now resolved.  Avoiding playoffs and possible relegation. The club can now move forward with formal contract offers and start the planning for next season. 

Lets assume they will budget next season on finishing worst case 9th and being punted out of the Scottish Cup against Killie. Anything above that is a bonus that can go into next January transfer pot.

Arguably we have the best Youth academy pathway in the top league in terms of players coming through. The first team squad look a happy bunch with everyone getting a chance to play some part in the campaign. 

I really hope we get about Kilmarnock in the cup and league and hopefully we will see Broadfoot sent off after scoring some OGs.

25 minutes ago, elvis said:

No one is saying we didn't deserve to win .I'm saying we should let the team off the reingns And stop being so cautious and only playing for 45 minutes.

We won. We deserved to win.

Just f**king enjoy it for once eh?

2 hours ago, elvis said:

⬆️ Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Well said Elvis.

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

In fairness Doogie, on this occasion I think Elvis makes a good point.

I read his post as not saying we haven’t had a really good season by our standards, just that in certain games, with a different mindset, our season could’ve been even better. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

4 hours ago, elvis said:

If we can score more goals in our 45 mins. than our opponents can in their 45 mins. I'll be a happy man.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In fairness Doogie, on this occasion I think Elvis makes a good point.

I read his post as not saying we haven’t had a really good season by our standards, just that in certain games, with a different mindset, our season could’ve been even better. 

At last someone with a bit of sense. And can read a post properly.

Edited by elvis