Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
faraway saint

Ross County v St Mirren, Wed 21/4

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Durmus was MOM.by a mile. He was excellent emoji122.png good debut for young Henderson as well

Rumours abound, (really) that Durmus is away and Quaner is too many pennies for us charity cases, shame as on the little we have seen he does seem to have potential and Durmus who has been OK + not superb does seem to be coming on to his game. Funny that how players looking for a new contract / club; suddenly become ........................ better, or am I just a sinic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha ha ha. What a brilliant typo. I’m no changing that. 
If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you delete or correct it, that'll be the end of it.

Bastrad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jaybee said:

Rumours abound, (really) that Durmus is away and Quaner is too many pennies for us charity cases, shame as on the little we have seen he does seem to have potential and Durmus who has been OK + not superb does seem to be coming on to his game. Funny that how players looking for a new contract / club; suddenly become ........................ better, or am I just a sinic?

In the case of Durmus, I'd say yes you are. He's been consistently good for us across his 2 years apart from a 3 month spell at the start of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result and some good performances. Ilkay outstanding. Collin and young Jay meeting the challenge. And a special mention to Erwin for his goal and the great vision and pass for the second. Hope Ilkay stays and Collin decides he loves Paisley too much to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watched Jim Goodwin's interview from official site he literally admits he went there looking for a draw he didn't think we could win the game with the players he had at his disposal .He really needs to get rid of his cautious approach and start believing in his team even Erwin said it was the plan to sit off them Jim really needs to change his mindset and start believing in his players rather than worrying about other teams because we are a good team being held back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great fightback last night. Durmus played well and got a deserved goal. Quaner looked the part - what a shame we haven't had a chance to see him properly until now - but perhaps a useful surprise to spring in the cup?

When was the last time we could look forward to a Scottish Cup QF without worrying about a potential top flight relegation?

Its a good feeling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, elvis said:

I just watched Jim Goodwin's interview from official site he literally admits he went there looking for a draw he didn't think we could win the game with the players he had at his disposal .He really needs to get rid of his cautious approach and start believing in his team even Erwin said it was the plan to sit off them Jim really needs to change his mindset and start believing in his players rather than worrying about other teams because we are a good team being held back

In fairness, I think last night's tactics were probably down to injuries and a much reduced squad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possible but how many games have  we actually played for ninety minutes this season it's as if we are a one half team it's as if we are waiting to see how good other team are before deciding it's worth having a go it does my head in we should be letting other teams worry about us I honestly believe with a different mindset from the manager this season could have been so so much better than it is .He admitted he was to cautious last season but he's still doing the same thing guess a leopard can't change its spots.

Edited by elvis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You'd be forgiven for thinking we got skelped last night rather than deservedly winning with about 60% of a squad...

No one is saying we didn't deserve to win .I'm saying we should let the team off the reingns And stop being so cautious and only playing for 45 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, elvis said:

Possible but how many games have  we actually played for ninety minutes this season it's as if we are a one half team it's as if we are waiting to see how good other team are before deciding it's worth having a go it does my head in we should be letting other teams worry about us I honestly believe with a different mindset from the manager this season could have been so so much better than it is .He admitted he was to cautious last season but he's still doing the same thing guess a leopard can't change its spots.

Please list teams that have played for 90 mins this season ?

You obviously haven't watched much football

If Jim's cautious approach lands us 7th ,  a good SC along with a semi already achieved and the only team to beat Sevco, I will take his guidance any day over your ramblings .

Difference is Goody is respected by Saints fans, your just a fanny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DougJamie said:

Please list teams that have played for 90 mins this season ?

You obviously haven't watched much football

If Jim's cautious approach lands us 7th ,  a good SC along with a semi already achieved and the only team to beat Sevco, I will take his guidance any day over your ramblings .

Difference is Goody is respected by Saints fans, your just a fanny

And your just a f**king idiot if you don't understand my post .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the most important issues is now resolved.  Avoiding playoffs and possible relegation. The club can now move forward with formal contract offers and start the planning for next season. 

Lets assume they will budget next season on finishing worst case 9th and being punted out of the Scottish Cup against Killie. Anything above that is a bonus that can go into next January transfer pot.

Arguably we have the best Youth academy pathway in the top league in terms of players coming through. The first team squad look a happy bunch with everyone getting a chance to play some part in the campaign. 

I really hope we get about Kilmarnock in the cup and league and hopefully we will see Broadfoot sent off after scoring some OGs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, elvis said:

No one is saying we didn't deserve to win .I'm saying we should let the team off the reingns And stop being so cautious and only playing for 45 minutes.

We won. We deserved to win.

Just f**king enjoy it for once eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, elvis said:

Possible but how many games have  we actually played for ninety minutes this season it's as if we are a one half team it's as if we are waiting to see how good other team are before deciding it's worth having a go it does my head in we should be letting other teams worry about us I honestly believe with a different mindset from the manager this season could have been so so much better than it is .He admitted he was to cautious last season but he's still doing the same thing guess a leopard can't change its spots.

⬆️ Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Well said Elvis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Please list teams that have played for 90 mins this season ?

You obviously haven't watched much football

If Jim's cautious approach lands us 7th ,  a good SC along with a semi already achieved and the only team to beat Sevco, I will take his guidance any day over your ramblings .

Difference is Goody is respected by Saints fans, your just a fanny

In fairness Doogie, on this occasion I think Elvis makes a good point.

I read his post as not saying we haven’t had a really good season by our standards, just that in certain games, with a different mindset, our season could’ve been even better. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, elvis said:

Possible but how many games have  we actually played for ninety minutes this season it's as if we are a one half team it's as if we are waiting to see how good other team are before deciding it's worth having a go it does my head in we should be letting other teams worry about us I honestly believe with a different mindset from the manager this season could have been so so much better than it is .He admitted he was to cautious last season but he's still doing the same thing guess a leopard can't change its spots.

If we can score more goals in our 45 mins. than our opponents can in their 45 mins. I'll be a happy man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In fairness Doogie, on this occasion I think Elvis makes a good point.

I read his post as not saying we haven’t had a really good season by our standards, just that in certain games, with a different mindset, our season could’ve been even better. 

At last someone with a bit of sense. And can read a post properly.

Edited by elvis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...