Jump to content

John Sutton - Hall of Fame


Recommended Posts


Are we doing this now to beat Motherwell to it ?    😉

Just a thought , I wonder if there have been many players who have been inducted into the hall of fame with two or more clubs ?

 I’d say Sutton merits the ‘Well honour as much if not more than he does with us but nevertheless, well done John. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Are we doing this now to beat Motherwell to it ?    😉

Just a thought , I wonder if there have been many players who have been inducted into the hall of fame with two or more clubs ?

 I’d say Sutton merits the ‘Well honour as much if not more than he does with us but nevertheless, well done John. 👍

did he ever win anything with Motherwell? at least with us he won a Div 1 and Challenge Cup double. Plus won our hearts in the Great Escape victory at Fir Park.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Are we doing this now to beat Motherwell to it ?    😉

Just a thought , I wonder if there have been many players who have been inducted into the hall of fame with two or more clubs ?

 I’d say Sutton merits the ‘Well honour as much if not more than he does with us but nevertheless, well done John. 👍

Doug Somner I believe , for one !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

did he ever win anything with Motherwell? at least with us he won a Div 1 and Challenge Cup double. Plus won our hearts in the Great Escape victory at Fir Park.

Don’t think you need to have won things to get in the Hall of Fame.  
JS played more times for ‘Well , scored more Goals for them & was their Top scorer for 4 out of 5 seasons

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Don’t think you need to have won things to get in the Hall of Fame.  
JS played more times for ‘Well , scored more Goals for them & was their Top scorer for 4 out of 5 seasons

Fair point. However the only winners medals and trophies he won as a player for a club came with us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ian Munro not only our most capped player of all time but played  in far more games than Sutton and is also former manager
What a day that was when he was the manager. Unbeaten to be fair.....

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2022 at 9:25 AM, SuperSaints1877 said:

did he ever win anything with Motherwell? at least with us he won a Div 1 and Challenge Cup double. Plus won our hearts in the Great Escape victory at Fir Park.

He also played a big rolein saving us from relegation to League 1 under JR and then a role in winning the title the next year(I believe) I think he deserves this and fair play to him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...