Explosive Smisa application

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wasn't Alan Wardrope pushed out previously for not being seen as fit to be a director? 

Seem to remember him challenging a supporter to a charity boxing match

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wasn't Alan Wardrope pushed out previously for not being seen as fit to be a director? 

Not sure what influence being on the board of a supporter association will have on his campaign against the Kibblers. I would think that would be best done from the belly of the beast ( the club board), which already has two SMiSA appointees among its number. 

Those two, along with the other club board members are supposedly duty bound to act in the best interests of the club.

Maybe if some actual evidence of these Kibble proposals were to be provided instead of anecdotes it would shed some light instead of shade. 

If AW wants the Kibble out, needs to outline the plan.

10 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I’m not sure why a delay to the SMISA AGM would need to happen?

I would be keen to see what records or applications are available for public viewing as these are serious allegations. Otherwise it’s difficult to understand exactly what is going on. 

Hope someone can present documentation to back these claims up.

The inference is that the documents are already in the public domain, so we are all free to go looking for them.

3 minutes ago, alanb said:

Seem to remember him challenging a supporter to a charity boxing match

Not sure what influence being on the board of a supporter association will have on his campaign against the Kibblers. I would think that would be best done from the belly of the beast ( the club board), which already has two SMiSA appointees among its number. 

Those two, along with the other club board members are supposedly duty bound to act in the best interests of the club.

Maybe if some actual evidence of these Kibble proposals were to be provided instead of anecdotes it would shed some light instead of shade. 

If AW wants the Kibble out, needs to outline the plan.

The " supporter association " owns most of the club ! Time it started acting like it does. 

9 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Smisa is a lot of shite mate, I cancelled the membership

SMISA owns the majority ownership of the club. 

It may not be perfect but many of the problems have been as a result of the direct consequences of Gordon Scott wanting his money back via Kibble earlier than the original agreement.

SMISA have just released the annual accounts which demonstrate that being shite seems to be working not too bad.

Having over £320,000 cash at bank is a great position to be in.

How many other clubs of our size and stature have that accumulated?

You had an opportunity to change things if you were not happy. But you chose the easy option. 👋 

IMG_1603.jpeg.f24703039c664500f561c75d85e1d99f.jpeg

10 minutes ago, glen said:

The " supporter association " owns most of the club ! Time it started acting like it does. 

It also claims to be " Independent", not sure that's possible as a part owner, but I agree with your sentiments

4 minutes ago, alanb said:

It also claims to be " Independent", not sure that's possible as a part owner, but I agree with your sentiments

That’s just a legacy reference to when SMISA first started. 😂 

Perhaps we just start calling it “The 1877 Society Ltd.” which is what all shares bought since the SMISA organisation started have been registered with.

1 minute ago, Albanian Buddy said:

That’s just a legacy reference to when SMISA first started. 😂 

Perhaps we just start calling it “The 1877 Society Ltd.” which is what all shares bought since the SMISA organisation started have been registered with.

Yep, lets go for a rebrand and create an actual "Legacy"

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

Smisa is a lot of shite mate, I cancelled the membership a while back when It became evident it’s a nothing more than a jobs for the boys, Wardrop is a hot air balloon as well. 

I'm still a member . Wardrop is full of shit , there are two sides to every story , and we're only hearing his side !

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

Smisa is a lot of shite mate, I cancelled the membership a while back when It became evident it’s a nothing more than a jobs for the boys, Wardrop is a hot air balloon as well. 

"A lot of shite" is some way to describe 1300 of your fellow supporters who ensured the major shareholding of the club could be owned by the fans.

A group who have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds over the last few years on discretionary spend projects that have benefited the club, the academy, the charitable foundation and the local community.

3 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

You propose an amendment at the AGM and I’ll support you!

No longer a member and will remain that way until significant changes happen.

If only the original plan could be re-launched, be Kibble free, professional and independent but will give new SMiSA board the chance to show and grow.

NB I know Kibble free comes at a cost 

For a few years now we’ve only heard vague words from Kibble about how they justified spending charity money on SMFC. Those were along the lines of shared visions, employment opportunities, community, etc. 

There’s obviously more to, and always has been.  They should be honest and share their business plan(s), and how they expect to benefit financially from their investment in SMFC. 

If the statement is true about the funding application, there are many questions to be answered. If it is planned for SMFC owned-land, what is the value of that land? Will it be paid for? Is the St.Mirren branding within the funding application a smoke-screen to suggest that the club are benefiting from it despite not being part of the application process? What value will SMFC make from this? 

Edit to add :

I’m not opposed to the development of unused land. It would presumably bring job creation and build up the area. 

The single, most important thing however, is how it benefits St.Mirren FC.  If there’s a business proposal, the members should be able to consider that alongside the relevant facts, figures and land valuation. 

Any party not conducting themselves in that manner is simply taking the supporters for mugs. 

Edited by Maboza

1 hour ago, div said:

"A lot of shite" is some way to describe 1300 of your fellow supporters who ensured the major shareholding of the club could be owned by the fans.

A group who have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds over the last few years on discretionary spend projects that have benefited the club, the academy, the charitable foundation and the local community.

Like I said it’s turned into a jobs for the boys set up and the way it has been run these past few months has been nothing short of embarrassing. I’ll spend my money elsewhere for the time being.

1 hour ago, div said:

He's, in no way, describing the supporters, and you know it.

Cheap shot, and he was part if the group that put their hand in their pockets. 

1 hour ago, alanb said:

No longer a member and will remain that way until significant changes happen.

If only the original plan could be re-launched, be Kibble free, professional and independent but will give new SMiSA board the chance to show and grow.

NB I know Kibble free comes at a cost 

I would like it to be 100% owned by the fans, but by NOT contributing to SMISA you're hardly helping avhieve that goal. For £12 a month I am delighted to help and hopefully we'll achieve the goal eventually.

3 minutes ago, W6er said:

I would like it to be 100% owned by the fans, but by NOT contributing to SMISA you're hardly helping avhieve that goal. For £12 a month I am delighted to help and hopefully we'll achieve the goal eventually.

Your choice and good luck with it 

I will just keep supporting the team on the park spending my cash directly that way

IMO the last thing the club needs right now as our crowds soar, we push for European football and our income almost certainly increases significantly, is a civil war.

Continuity candidates for me, Wardrop can get right in the sea. As Billy says, two sides to every story.