Where will we finish in league .

elvis

7 hours ago, alwaystrue said:

I think we will drop down the league over the next few weeks, difficult games, small squad and our bubble might have burst a little, however I then predict we will rise like the linwood phoenix and finish 4th 👍

Our next six games should be relatively easy on paper, with the exception of Rangers away. We have: 

Livingston (h)

Ross County (a)

Rangers (a)

St. Johnstone (a)

Ross County (h)

Motherwell (h)

That's in the space of 3.5 weeks. If we want to maintain 3rd place I'd say we need to take at least 10 points from that lot. I think 12 points is doable, as we really should be looking to take maximum points at home.

Ibrox, obviously, is a free hit. If we get something there, then brilliant. They play a European fixture on the Thursday, which will be good for us.

If we fail to take 10 points then we will surely slip down the table.

2 hours ago, W6er said:

Our next six games should be relatively easy on paper, with the exception of Rangers away. We have: 

Livingston (h)

Ross County (a)

Rangers (a)

St. Johnstone (a)

Ross County (h)

Motherwell (h)

That's in the space of 3.5 weeks. If we want to maintain 3rd place I'd say we need to take at least 10 points from that lot. I think 12 points is doable, as we really should be looking to take maximum points at home.

Ibrox, obviously, is a free hit. If we get something there, then brilliant. They play a European fixture on the Thursday, which will be good for us.

It's that old adage about games played on grass not paper. I think most of them are potential banana skins for us and will be difficult especially the away games. I do think if we can take the points you mention we will be in a strong place, but I expect us to do it the hard way and achieve 4th

Livingston (h)
Ross County (a)
Rangers (a)
St. Johnstone (a)
Ross County (h)
Motherwell (h)

Potential 18 points there, I'm looking for at least 21 from those 18.

I said we'd need to take at least ten points from the six home games, to keep our momentum going:

Livingston (h) - 3 points

That leaves seven points from the following:

Ross County (a)

Rangers (a)

St. Johnstone (a)

Ross County (h)

Motherwell (h)

Three away fixtures coming up, and I would be pleased with three points from these. Then I would be looking to take at least four from the two home fixtures.

COYS!

11 hours ago, W6er said:

I said we'd need to take at least ten points from the six home games, to keep our momentum going:

Livingston (h) - 3 points

That leaves seven points from the following:

Ross County (a)

Rangers (a)

St. Johnstone (a)

Ross County (h)

Motherwell (h)

Three away fixtures coming up, and I would be pleased with three points from these. Then I would be looking to take at least four from the two home fixtures.

COYS!

I'd settle for the next three away wins then hope to pick up 1 or 2 more points…

3 hours ago, shull said:

Third .

An optimistic prediction, not without reason given our start to the season, but generally hopeful.

Perhaps the addition of a couple of extra players in the window and more consistency between the back and the middle of the park would give me some of your optimism that it might be possible!

3 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

You still think your right after watching these last 2 games 

If our underperforming midfield can start producing some decent chances again, yes. 

Last night's tactics seemed to be - long ball down the wing to Greive , or a high looping cross to the back post. Its almost like we've forgotten what brought us points earlier in the season. 

I don't hold the forwards responsible for last night's inept display. 

5 hours ago, munoz said:

If our underperforming midfield can start producing some decent chances again, yes. 

Last night's tactics seemed to be - long ball down the wing to Greive , or a high looping cross to the back post. Its almost like we've forgotten what brought us points earlier in the season. 

I don't hold the forwards responsible for last night's inept display. 

Neither do I last night...  As we won't win another away game playing like that this season, but if any of our current strikers score 10 or +league goals this season I'll put my hands up 

They won't and we'll finish 6th at best if we can't find someone to score goals,  and if we lose Strain in January our most creative player we'll be bottom 6 

3 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Neither do I last night...  As we won't win another away game playing like that this season, but if any of our current strikers score 10 or +league goals this season I'll put my hands up 

They won't and we'll finish 6th at best if we can't find someone to score goals,  and if we lose Strain in January our most creative player we'll be bottom 6 

I think it's a cert we will be bottom 6.

55 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Good stuff Elvis, you said bottom 4 the other day, glad you are feeling more positive.

I can assure you I'm not.After watching us last night when we repeatedly passed the ball to County players I have no idea what has happened to us but its an amazing fall from where we were at and we will definitely lose our next 2 games which will probably see us fall out the top 6 in the next couple of weeks it's going  to take some turn around in form because right now we are terrible. 

Edited by elvis

9 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

You find that with trolls/liars etc

They forget what they've posted as they post that much shìt/lies in their sad lives.

A bit harsh. Perhaps @elvis is simply feeling a little more optimistic today? Some people are pessimistic in order to cope with disappointment. For example, I'm going to Ibrox on Sunday thoroughly expecting us to get pumped. If I was going there expecting a win I would almost inevitably feel disappointed. If we're 1-0 up with 5 minutes to go, I will still be half-expecting us to lose the game. That way, if we do somehow come away with anything I will feel delighted and it will have exceeded my expectations.

At the start of this season, my initial hope was that we would amass 40 points and survive for another season in the top-tier. The team have had a glorious start and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Indeed, I do think we have a talented squad and part of me feels that if we do not qualify for Europe this season or do well in the Scottish Cup, it will be a wasted opportunity. I desperately hope that what we're seeing now is just a wee blip. However, in many respects I think I should probably take a leaf out of Elvis' book and reevaluate my expectations...it's the hope that kills you. :( 

Get Gogic into midfield with CBM . Adds a bit of steel and a bit more creativity . O’Hara isn’t performing to the levels we know he’s capable of so maybe time for a spell on the bench.

As others have said, we need to stop lumping the ball forward & for gods sake …do something about that ridiculous floated to the back post corner routine - it’s just not working. 😡
Mandron had a decent spell for us but he too has dropped off so perhaps time to give Nahmani a proper chance , perhaps also Jamieson ?

We’ve not suddenly become a bad team , just too many players dipping in form at the one time but we brought in the likes of Bolton,CBM, & Small for spells such as this. 

33 minutes ago, antrin said:

Much of the current hicccup is associated with the injury/loss of Strain.  

Saints miss his dig and foraging runs up front and potential for lumping effective balls in the middle.

On his return, the points’ll pile up.

Really ?  He’s missed two games, which we’ve won 1 & lost 1 🤷‍♂️ 

I like Strain but this season he seems to get a nose bleed if he crosses the halfway and spends more time turning the ball back to Fraser than putting crosses in.

The much maligned Tanser ( maligned last season by many including myself)  has been twice the player this season, his runs and crosses have been far more effective . 

33 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Really ?  He’s missed two games, which we’ve won 1 & lost 1 🤷‍♂️ 

You’re right.  My apologies - I should have phrased it better.

Strain picked up a groin strain when away playing for Oz.  His usual vigour and input has been posted missing since then.

I think maybe he should have been rested and made wholly fit again, but not an easy decision to make with a small squad.