St Mirren v Livingston SPFL Premiership 25/11/23

shull

1 hour ago, Scott-Leeds said:

At this point in time I would take a sneaky 1-0 just to steady things

Tight game Saints 2-1 Livingston

Agree, I'd take anything. Obviously the more comfortable the win, the better, but three points is surely to be expected?! 

Let's hope our five internationals return injury free and not too tired. Livi will bring their usual - one man and his dug, so I think a 5,500 crowd tops.

23 minutes ago, W6er said:

Agree, I'd take anything. Obviously the more comfortable the win, the better, but three points is surely to be expected?! 

Let's hope our five internationals return injury free and not too tired. Livi will bring their usual - one man and his dug, so I think a 5,500 crowd tops.

Baccus is suspended after his yellow yesterday. 

3 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I don’t think Baccus & CBM work well together.

O’Hara comes back in as a straight replacement or perhaps Gogic moves back to midfield for the missing Baccus bite ? 

Going by Saturday, i definitely agree.

Even though O'Hara hasn't reached last season's level, we do miss him when he's not playing. 

9 hours ago, exiledfan said:

This is a big game to make a statement after the Dundee drubbing.  I hate these games as livi are so anti football. I'm going 2-0 in a pretty dull game with a late saints goal in first half and a late one in the second half after a few scares from livi on the break. 

I hear you although most expected us to hose Dundee so that SHOULD reduce complacency in the camp.

We should be targeting a minimum of 4 points from our next 2 games. With our home form and recent record against Livi, i reckon Saturday stands the best chance of gaining 3 of those points. 

The reverse fixture through there earlier in the season was a tight affair, but Livi have been struggling for a win recently ( 5 defeats on the bounce).

Can see a 2-1 or 2-0 us.

On 11/11/2023 at 11:57 PM, shull said:

Normal service to be resumed.

St Mirren 3 Livingston 0

Estimated Attendance 5697

5696 as I'll not be there.  I'm doing overtime covering a colleague who is off just now.

Knowing my luck, I'll miss a good game.  Twenty years ago it would have bothered me missing the football but now I take the attitude that the extra money will come in handy.

14 hours ago, munoz said:

We should be targeting a minimum of 4 points from our next 2 games. With our home form and recent record against Livi, i reckon Saturday stands the best chance of gaining 3 of those points. 

The reverse fixture through there earlier in the season was a tight affair, but Livi have been struggling for a win recently ( 5 defeats on the bounce).

Can see a 2-1 or 2-0 us.

Aye, we still have a strong home record and they are poor away from home.

They also struggle to score away from home, although they are even worse at home.

I'd agree with 2-0 or 2-1. 

The bookies also see us as strong favourites, offering 8/11

No game to be going to next week so I'm gutted to miss this one.

I'll take us to win reasonably comfortably because close matches with Liv are such an unsightly scramble and when they score, expecially when they score first,  it's hard to get back at them.

I don't know if Ayunga is ready to play, I'd say it's the wrong match for him to come back in unless we are cruising in the last 15 minutes

2-0 or 3-0 to the saints, I think, or a very messy and hard-to-watch defeat.

1 hour ago, shull said:

I defer to the knowedge of our physio team here, surprised but delighted to see him come straight in for a start.  Is Olusanya injured, I suspect that is our best front two when available.

On recent form, I'd like to see LJ get a decent run in the second half, he has been showing improvement and I think he is more direct than McMenamin so hopefully he is not far away from a starting slot.

Edited by beyond our ken