St Mirren v Ross County SPFL PREMIERSHIP 9/12/23

shull

4 minutes ago, Slarti said:
49 minutes ago, elvis said:
So how many will County beat us by on Saturday. 

None.

They won 3-0 tonight! 😬

Typical that they find their form before we play them back-to-back. Had out game not been postponed earlier in the season, we may have another three points right now.

Still, I remain optimistic that we can beat them at home. 2-1 Saints.

33 minutes ago, elvis said:

If we don't score first we are f**ked.

Statistically you are most likely correct.

This study below is from the EPL but I would assume similar statistics would apply to our league. 

“Over the last seven complete seasons in the Premier League, the first goal-scoring team emerged victorious in 69% of matches. Draws occurred in 19% of games, while only 12% of teams managed to overcome an early deficit and snatch a win. Naturally, not all teams are created equal, and the win-draw-loss ratios fluctuate when the league table is divided into five tiers.”

Less than 38 hours to go! This is a very important fixture. Win this, arrest our decline and hopefully we can get that European spot. :) 

Though, it should probably be noted that Europe seems to have a huge adverse impact on domestic results. So it may be a blessing and a curse. However, if we're to develop as a club, we need to get into Europe. 

The forecast is for very heavy rain for overnight and the hours immediately preceding the game. I take it there's no chance it will be rained off? If not, then it might make the passing game more difficult, especially if the water collects on the pitch.

2 hours ago, W6er said:

The forecast is for very heavy rain for overnight and the hours immediately preceding the game. I take it there's no chance it will be rained off? If not, then it might make the passing game more difficult, especially if the water collects on the pitch.

I think the pitch will cope with the rain.

Well, hopefully it will.🤞