St Mirren v Ross County SPFL PREMIERSHIP 9/12/23

shull

First half was ok without being great. Second half was much better. Thought the Israeli boy was outstanding and linked up well Auyunga who I never thought would score but caught the goalkeeper out with how  early he hit his shot. Overall we were  much better than County. If we can do similar to Motherwell next week we will being avery good position.

Edited by guinness

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Now that my victory induced euphoria is starting to subside a little, I’m allowing my natural, default grumpiness to creep back in and thinking that todays result and performance makes the last 2 games even more annoying. Should’ve bloody had another 6 points. 

Agree.... on plus we stay at home...really need better away performances

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

First half again a bit lazy. But some good play at times. 2nd half brilliant fa's, hard working should half win by more. Nahmani made a huge difference. His running in behind was superb. Ayunga 2nd half performance is what we want from him week in week out. Great 3 points. Another Ref who was woefully bad. Just another one on the SFA conveyor belt. Coys

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Complete junk on the ref. I thought he was more than decent for his 2nd SPL match.

Looks a really good prospect. I noticed at the end that all the players shook his hand and appreciated his perfomance.

As for your lazy conveyor belt populist SFA bashing we have a number of really good young refs coming through. Quite encouraging, not that you will agree

28 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Complete junk on the ref. I thought he was more than decent for his 2nd SPL match.

Looks a really good prospect. I noticed at the end that all the players shook his hand and appreciated his perfomance.

As for your lazy conveyor belt populist SFA bashing we have a number of really good young refs coming through. Quite encouraging, not that you will agree

🤣🤣🤣 He was dreadful for 95 minutes.

Not long back home after a great day back in Paisley. Thought we played really well and deserved the win (should’ve been more). Made a lot of decent chances and played some really good football at times. The move in the first half that ended up with us hitting the bar was excellent, mostly down to Nahmani who looked superb. He could be a big asset this season. Small came onto a game second half. Ayunga getting better with every game. We’ve missed him. The team dug out a much needed good performance today. Hope Taylor and Boyd-Munce are ok. 

Thought the ref wasn’t great. O’Hara’s booking was a joke and he was falling for County’s theatrics all through the game. He also didn’t give our first goal until VAR got involved. Not an easy job but hopefully he improves with more games.

*We met Ewan McVicar in the 1877 Club after the game and my lad was a wee bit star struck. He was a great lad and then bumped into our club captain for a quick blether on the way out who was brilliant too. Happy Buddies tonight👍

1 hour ago, Dare said:

Much more like it today - still don’t think we are firing 100% in midfield but pace up top gives us a real threat and Ayunga and Nachmani defo our best partnership so far this season 

Indeed.

We look way better with Baccus in there, but neither he nor O'Hara are as good as they were last season.

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

He was absolutely rotten. Like a fish out of water. How he failed to see that our first goal was over the line defies belief.

His assistants were sadly lacking too.

Let us know when these good young refs are coming through.

Let's hope you're not influential in whether they continue refereeing or not.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

He was absolutely rotten. Like a fish out of water. How he failed to see that our first goal was over the line defies belief.

You've never had a positive comment to make on a ref when i've defended them in the past so was kinda expecting you comment

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

He also failed to see a stonewall penalty as Taylor was dragged to the floor so hard if it was Goldson they would have needed a JCB to dig him out the ground 

Edited by portmahomack saint

I understand that referees making the step up to the top division will lack experience but do these referees ever get their first matches in the top league with Celtic or Rangers games first? I very much doubt it. That is unfair. It should be a level playing field for everyone. 

I would like to see the statistics on that. If they are deemed good enough for the top league then any matches should be considered. 

The referee and his west stand assistant had a pretty standard game. Fcuking awful. The weakness of the assistant referees to get involved in helping the on field ref with key decisions in the game is baffling at times especially when the incident is clear and obvious and invariably directly in front of the assistant. It seems that all assistant referees only involvement is with ball leaving pitch and offsides. Given the latter is now VAR decided for goals it seems they receive a huge amount of cash for fcuk all. 

10 hours ago, lenziebud said:

You've never had a positive comment to make on a ref when i've defended them in the past so was kinda expecting you comment

Not sure why you’re just having a go at @FTOF mate. You are very much a lone voice on this one and I’m going to add my name to the list of dissenters. The ref wasn’t just bad, he was absolutely abysmal. If you are happy with that standard then you’re easily pleased. 

Refs job isn’t easy with players like Brown, County’s no4. What a cheat that boy is. His playacting designed to get free-kicks and our players booked. Just noticed watching the highlights that in the corner building up to our first goal he deliberately stepped into Gogic’s path and collapsed holding his ribs after minimal contact (that he engineered). He was at it the whole game with some success. 
Big Taylor flattening him into the hoardings right on HT was tremendous. 

10 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Nonsense.

Much like yesterday's ref.

Completely out of his depth.

Maybe when you defend officials, you shouldn't build your case on straw like foundations.

Although whoever decided that the officials that presided over yesterday's game were ready for a top flight match is the main culprit here. 

Was it you perchance? Might explain your comments on the matter.

If you don't have to comment on a referee's performance, then you know he's had a relatively decent game. I very rarely comment on referee's performances, but I do call out statements on ref's which are clearly a pile of steaming dung, like yours.

Edited by FTOF