Paisley Pubs

• 4 weeks later...

46 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Not Paisley, but The Handy Man in Renfrew been closed from at least last Sat, and the Braehead Tavern in Inchinnan is closing very soon. 

The Handy Man?

Not Renfrew 

48 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Not Paisley, but The Handy Man in Renfrew been closed from at least last Sat, and the Braehead Tavern in Inchinnan is closing very soon. 

Surprised to hear about the BT as it always seems to be quite a busy place

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Wasn’t aware of the Braehead tavern closing but doesn’t surprise me. We pop in occasionally, we were in there last Sunday and it was empty .
A couple on our left and the same three guys and a dog who are in there every Sunday. can’t run a pub on that level of support from the locals and precious little passing trade . 

On 4/25/2023 at 6:03 PM, Tommy said:

Aye, made an arse of that since the Kind Man is the pub. 

Seen the doors at the Kind Man partly opened. 

Have a feeling it getting a paint job and will reopen soon. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Grand fusion just opened in Moss street last week, sit in Chinese restaurant. Just above the noodle bar place. Pretty sure it was a Chinese restaurant years ago (1998)

Was it Palace Royale? I remember being there when the waiters chased someone who had tried to leave without paying.

On 4/25/2023 at 6:37 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Wasn’t aware of the Braehead tavern closing but doesn’t surprise me. We pop in occasionally, we were in there last Sunday and it was empty .
A couple on our left and the same three guys and a dog who are in there every Sunday. can’t run a pub on that level of support from the locals and precious little passing trade . 

The reason The Tavern closed was that the owner upped the rent for it to the extent it wasn't viable. The landlord of the pub have moved to a place in the India tyres complex. I only bring this up now because I saw some folk in the Braehead yesterday tidying things up. I don't know if it was just that or if they've found new tenants to take over. 

37 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Update on my previous post. Just heard  that the owner of Chalk autos has apparently bought the Braehead Tavern and is in the process of refurbishing it. Good news for the village.

and the many cyclists who pass it and pop in for a refreshment 👍🏻

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Was it Palace Royale? I remember being there when the waiters chased someone who had tried to leave without paying.

Think it was? We would go in on a Saturday night after the pubs and get a great chicken curry and a window seat. Looked into the early learning centre (administration some years ago) 

• 4 weeks later...