Where is our season heading now?

Just now, Meiksyboy said:

Why don't we all wait till the January transfer window closes and see what changes to the squad have been made and we all might have a better idea how the rest of the season might pan out

Nah, it's more convenient to berate the manager for a squad where he had not signed a single player.

19 minutes ago, TopCat said:

You think that we can't expect more than 8 points from 11 games given the players we have?

I never realised you had such a low opinion of our squad.

Name all the great players we have? You're normally on here slating the goalies, Shankland, Webster etc every week yet you expect a manager to make them all good overnight. 

Ross is building his own team around the youth academy. He is playing good exciting football that hopefully we will benefit from in the longer term. Most fans I talk to if not all agree we are playing well and look forward to games. Prior to his arrival I was scunnered to the point where I couldn't care less about the game.

Bring on QOS.

oh and in case you didn't notice Shankland and Langfield the 2 you go on and on about are out the team.

Name all the great players we have? You're normally on here slating the goalies, Shankland, Webster etc every week yet you expect a manager to make them all good overnight. 

Ross is building his own team around the youth academy. He is playing good exciting football that hopefully we will benefit from in the longer term. Most fans I talk to if not all agree we are playing well and look forward to games. Prior to his arrival I was scunnered to the point where I couldn't care less about the game.

Bring on QOS.

oh and in case you didn't notice Shankland and Langfield the 2 you go on and on about are out the team.

We don't have great players at all. We do have players who are capable of getting more than 8 points from 11 games though. Especially given 3 of those 11 games were home games against Dumbarton, Ayr and Dunfermline. You seem to think we have the worst squad in the league?

As for the last point, yes Ross has clearly done the right thing by punting Clangers and Shankland out the team.

Why don't we all wait till the January transfer window closes and see what changes to the squad have been made and we all might have a better idea how the rest of the season might pan out

I agree with this, we do like some have said though need players that are first pick and not to fill the bench.

We are in real danger of getting relegated obviously ( I don't think we will be ) but although we have 17 games left , we have to assume it's just the next 14 as by that point it could all be over.

I think we will draw this weekend , but will win the next 2 so end of January will be interesting for more than just the transfer window.

We ideally want our 3/4 players in the next fortnight.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

We don't have great players at all. We do have players who are capable of getting more than 8 points from 11 games though. Especially given 3 of those 11 games were home games against Dumbarton, Ayr and Dunfermline. You seem to think we have the worst squad in the league?

As for the last point, yes Ross has clearly done the right thing by punting Clangers and Shankland out the team.

You have yet to name the experienced manager who would have changed our fortune's? 

The problem is he might not have signed anyone todate but the players that are rumoured to be coming in aint going to make the slightest bit of difference all lower league pish apart from Storie from Aberdeen who has been plying his trade with even worse teams than us .

31 minutes ago, elvis said:

The problem is he might not have signed anyone todate but the players that are rumoured to be coming in aint going to make the slightest bit of difference all lower league pish apart from Storie from Aberdeen who has been plying his trade with even worse teams than us .

Ayr I agree we should be going after players in the top flight especially with our huge budget. Who are we after outwith storie ? 

Because Ross will get us out of this terrible position is that a fact ? Of course not its a opinion based on seeing improvements in our play , out with the second half performance against Morton which was disappointing caused by circumstances out with the manager's control. Yes the subs could have been better. However this is the reason why we need the right players brought in. Ross took a gamble bringing in youth which has paid off I am of the opinion we will survive. That might be a play off position one we will win. 

Really? It's paid off? 2 wins in 19. Languishing well adrift at the bottom of the league. A club with one of the highest wage budgets in the Championship.

Ross gets plaudits for going with "youth" yet the performances only got better when he was forced to drop Jack Baird and to go with Webster and McKenzie at the back, and when he finally dropped Shankland and stuck with Sutton. It's taken Ross far too long to discover his best 11 and although the football is prettier for longer it still seems fitness at the club is a real issue and that getting a solid 90 minutes from this team is utterly impossible.

I'm not calling for Ross to be sacked but a realistic and honest assessment wouldnt go amiss instead of the unrelenting fan boy pish that has pervaded this forum.

3 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Really? It's paid off? 2 wins in 19. Languishing well adrift at the bottom of the league. A club with one of the highest wage budgets in the Championship.

Ross gets plaudits for going with "youth" yet the performances only got better when he was forced to drop Jack Baird and to go with Webster and McKenzie at the back, and when he finally dropped Shankland and stuck with Sutton. It's taken Ross far too long to discover his best 11 and although the football is prettier for longer it still seems fitness at the club is a real issue and that getting a solid 90 minutes from this team is utterly impossible.

I'm not calling for Ross to be sacked but a realistic and honest assessment wouldnt go amiss instead of the unrelenting fan boy pish that has pervaded this forum.

Why would you be calling for Ross to be sacked ? By your own admission , your not a supporter . 

I've never been slow at coming forward when i think the manager isn't up to the task, especially with the last 4 managers. With Ross i genuinely believe that he will become a great manager given time and patience on our part. I like what he has to say too, he's not naive he knows if we keep losing he'll be gone but he seems to know what way he wants the team to play and i think we're seeing some progress. It's a big month in regards to who he signs... I'm hoping for a couple players at least who can do the dirtier side of the game and win the ball back and at least another striker. If we look back on December, yeah it could have been a lot more points but if you take it from another angle, we only lost once. A similar January should see us bridge the gap even more because history tells us that the teams at the bottom will not keep on winning. If by some miracle we all keep winning then other teams will be dragged into the mix. A wee win for Raith today would be nice[emoji3]

Do you know what. Id rather have a Jim Clunie type where he was short and to the point, won matches, and didn't witter on like a budgie. Far too much emphasis is put on a managers PR these days - especially at St Mirren. Personally I find Ross vanilla at best in interviews. He's unoffensive but dull and he says far too much with not enough action

Just now, Stuart Dickson said:

Stuart you have no faith in anything St Mirren. At least my opinion is realistic in a play off position at least. All you doom and gloom fans carrying a big cross up a hill will never change. We will see what the end of season brings. Untl then keep buying your extra toilet roll. 

Stuart you have no faith in anything St Mirren. At least my opinion is realistic in a play off position at least. All you doom and gloom fans carrying a big cross up a hill will never change. We will see what the end of season brings. Untl then keep buying your extra toilet roll. 

You aren't realistic, that's the point Ian. Your building all your hope with no tangible evidence that it'll bear fruit. 2 wins in 19 and 7 points adrift at the bottom of the league doesn't suggest 9th place is at all realistic. I hope St Mirren avoid the drop, I hope Ross does learn from his mistakes but anyone with their feet on the ground can see that hope is all St Mirren have right now and that many on here a clutching a massive handful of straws.

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:40 PM, zurich_allan said:

4 points from the next 3 games would be just fine. 6 would be brilliant... :)

Second time I've quoted this post and like I said before we're chasing a moving target which unfortunately seems to be speeding away from us - two of the three teams directly above us have picked up 4 from 2 so even if we win on Saturday we'll not have made up any ground on two of our realistic targets.

The QotS game really is a must win now.

I think it is becoming clearer by the day where our season is headed - Dunfermline now 2-0 up on Raith - the others are pulling away from us and we are becoming more stranded at the bottom.

We have been lampooned on 'Only an Excuse' and are the butt of ridicule as a result of mismanagement by the previous BoD since our brief minute of glory in 2013.

Like our hogmanay performance we have made an art out of losing from winning positions.

Unless Jack Ross and the team turn things round immediately in terms of results we are really going to have to rely on Donald Trump to make us great once again.

Wait a minute I was only joking - but what if Gordon Scott had a word in Donald's ear about backing St Mirren to the tune of $M??? in the transfer window - what an opportunity for some positive publicity in the UK for Donald by supporting a good charitable cause in a deprived area of Scotland?

2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Not really... before today's game we were 6 points of 2nd bottom now it's 7, hardly a massively crushing blow.... It's up to us on Saturday, win and we gain on one team at least.

I will repeat. 

THE TEAMS ABOVE US URNAE SHITE. 

Not really... before today's game we were 6 points of 2nd bottom now it's 7, hardly a massively crushing blow.... It's up to us on Saturday, win and we gain on one team at least.

No team in this divisions current format has stayed up with our current points total or less at this stage of the season. If we do manage it, it will be the greatest escape this league has ever seen.