It's Cammy Smith

Excellent signing along with Stephen McGinn, the signings Ross is pulling off are fantastic for the level we are at, very positive considering we are bottom of the league.
Looks like the club are really going for it this window to get us out this mess and I think we can do it [emoji4]

I'm book marking this...[emoji23]

Guest TPAFKATS
if this was august and not January a believe we would be top of the table and not bottom,stay up and win Scottish cup and challenge cup,that will do me

Loving this positivity - do you get it on prescription?

There was a lot of positive reaction to Alex Rae's signings in the summer so I'll reserve judgement on this transfer window untiI see some results.
If we go with Loy & Sutton through the middle, this now leaves us with 2 number 10s, Smith & Mallan, playing wide...

I wouldn't play Smith out wide.

12 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Just a couple of weeks ago he ' thought the ship had sank ' :lol:

Only a couple of weeks ago you were saying Jack Ross was a disaster of an appointment and getting a dig in at him at every opportunity.

Let's see where we are at the end of the season.

There was a lot of positive reaction to Alex Rae's signings in the summer so I'll reserve judgement on this transfer window untiI see some results.
If we go with Loy & Sutton through the middle, this now leaves us with 2 number 10s, Smith & Mallan, playing wide...

Still time to add a wide right player and for Mallan to go too right enough.

1 hour ago, mcdowell76 said:

Clarkson.Shankland Hardy Walsh Hutton, No

McKenzie and Gordon Meh

Sutton Yes. 

more worrying than his signings what his failure to move on Webster, Langfield and Irvine. (Yes I know we still have them) and dumping Kelly and Goodwin without proper replacements lined up 

Edited by insaintee

11 minutes ago, insaintee said:

McKenzie and Gordon Meh

Sutton Yes. 

more worrying than his signings what his failure to move on Webster, Langfield and Irvine. (Yes I know we still have them) and dumping Kelly and Goodwin without proper replacements lined up 

I think most of us were pretty happy with Shankland and Hardie to be fair. And Hutton and Walsh were very much wait and see type signings. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I think most of us were pretty happy with Shankland and Hardie to be fair. And Hutton and Walsh were very much wait and see type signings. 

Possibly, but it think most of us had seen enough of Shankland last season to know he wasn't what we need especially after we saw the size of his backside. There were plenty that pointed out that Hardie had scored less goals the Shankland that season and that most of his goals came in two games against us. 

No one wanted Hutton, and Walsh meh at best. 

Either way there was hardly dancing in the street 

Only a couple of weeks ago you were saying Jack Ross was a disaster of an appointment and getting a dig in at him at every opportunity.

Nothing's changed in that regard. The league form since he was appointed has been an absolute joke and our points total and position in the table reflects that.

Thankfully the club have had a good window and he's got rid of a good few duds and replaced them with better players. There can now be no excuses. This is his team, if he can't keep us in the championship he has to go.

5 hours ago, TopCat said:

Nothing's changed in that regard. The league form since he was appointed has been an absolute joke and our points total and position in the table reflects that.

Thankfully the club have had a good window and he's got rid of a good few duds and replaced them with better players. There can now be no excuses. This is his team, if he can't keep us in the championship he has to go.

I thought you wanted him gone now?

11 hours ago, insaintee said:

McKenzie and Gordon Meh

Sutton Yes. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

This wasn't the general view at the time.

I believe (like most on here) that we expected to see an overnight improvement when Jack Ross took over. On paper we looked a strong side at the start of the season under Alex Rae, that however wasn't the case. Jack Ross has identified the strengths and weaknesses (more of the weaknesses than strengths) and addressed accordingly. Jack has basically stripped back the squad and now built HIS team on the budget allowed and I for one am very impressed with what he's done so far, all be it though it may not be 100% what he had in mind (players identified but couldn't sign and those identified he couldn't move out for one reason or another)
So. In my opinion it's a clean slate for Jack and we should ALL get behind him now.

Good luck to all at SMFC for the remainder of the season. Let's start moving up the league now.

COYS.

On 27/01/2017 at 2:57 AM, TopCat said:

I don't know if he's signed better players but he's signed midfield players. At least we will be able to compete in midfield. 

On 27/01/2017 at 8:33 AM, Kendo said:

I thought you wanted him gone now?

No he wants to wait up until Jack gets us relegated and then sack him.

Serious point no one should be under any delusions that we should have kept Rae

This season Ross'  league win rate is a disappointing 20% Rae's was an outstanding 0%