Jump to content

East Lothian Saint

Why should we buy a season ticket?

Recommended Posts


Me, I just buy it so that I know that I don't need to worry about trying to get tickets during the season. Also comes in handy Nov - Jan time when skint and you know you're at the game, lol. Also it helps the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Me, I just buy it so that I know that I don't need to worry about trying to get tickets during the season. Also comes in handy Nov - Jan time when skint and you know you're at the game, lol. Also it helps the club. 
Both of these posts make sense to me. Like EOSS, I don't live near Paisley. With my season ticket and membership of the 1877 club going to a match is easy. Arrive early..go into 1877. Arrive near match time..straight in. Next step is to secure parking. Sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't make a lot of home games so why buy the season ticket you may ask ?

1/ Love the position of my seat guaranteed  2/ Feel I'm helping my club in a small way. 3/This one is a wee bit daft going to the football with a season ticket to have £35 in my pocket seems a lot less than having £60.00 in my hip pocket for a day out , told you it would sound a bit daft :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



St Ricky has been pushing for a big increase in Season Tickets and expounding the benefits this would create for the club.  What about the benefits to the Fan? Why does anyone buy a season ticket and what are the benefits to them?   
R-735011-1153327947.jpeg.jpg
9 days left and in the words of the clash
“Should I stay, or should I go????”
Yes, it’s nearly time for the early bird season ticket renewal. It’s not really a question of whether I renew it or not. That’s a given. Jack Ross and Gavin Reilly may also be pondering the question “should I stay, or should I go” but essentially, they are just employees of the club who might work hard and do a great job but it’s still their occupation not their hobby and whether they stay or not, I shall chose to plough all my hard earned cash into something I want to do and not something I have to do.
A Season ticket is like a passport or a permission slip. It tells the wife match days are mine and I won’t be going shopping, sight seeing or undertaking any DIY projects on said days. It reduces nagging, huffs and football widow tantrums because once she knows the season ticket is paid for there is no point in fighting it. She just changes tac and exploits the feck out of match day expenses which costs me a fortune, but I get a nag free season.
The game is only 90 minutes in the middle of a match day which is usually full of fun, travel and adventure. I get to travel up, down and across the country, meeting lots of likeminded people and usually having a drink with them. On the trips to Paisley I meet old mates or pub buddies. On my travels I make lots of new friends, acquaintances and drinking buddies. On away days I’m reunited with die hard, like minded Buds. We party, have a sing song and win, lose or draw it’s the day out that’s important. The season ticket is not just for entry to St Mirren Park. It symbolises commitment to the idea that match days are important, and Saints take priority over more routine, mundane pastimes that can dominate home life if you let them.
“Should I stay, or should I go” relates to whether I try to move my season ticket seat which I haven’t sat in all season or try and oust the owner of the seat in the row behind and six along who hasn’t sat in their seat all season either because I’ve been in it.
Whatever happens I’ll be there next year whether JR is there or not. The match day out is a great experience, hail, rain or shine, win lose or draw.
Of course, it’s been great with JR in charge and winning every week and I’d love him to stay but it’s my team and it’s only his Job. So, no matter who is in charge and who is in the squad. I’ll be there.
ST Mirren is for life not just Fergie, Smith, Hendrie, McPherson, Lennon and Ross seasons
Not everyone has the time or means to go to all the games BUT If you can and want to go to the games, get a season ticket.
It stops the clash with the wife when she tries to take you shopping or create DIY tasks on a match-day.
Of course, you may have other reasons!


Great post with plenty positives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The original poster's opening comment should be copy and pasted onto a poster, billboard, website and other hingmies as an advertising campaign for season tickets.

 

What a fabulous post that was, I fair enjoyed reading it what a fabulous post that I fair enjoyed reading indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Yes, it’s nearly time for the early bird season ticket renewal. It’s not really a question of whether I renew it or not. That’s a given. Jack Ross and Gavin Reilly may also be pondering the question “should I stay, or should I go” but essentially, they are just employees of the club who might work hard and do a great job but it’s still their occupation not their hobby and whether they stay or not, I shall chose to plough all my hard earned cash into something I want to do and not something I have to do.

Sums it all up nicely.

I also live a good distance from Paisley and enjoy the travel and refreshments experience on a match day. Like some others, it's also good to know that my seat will be there waiting for me when I arrive.

One further point. I think it was St. Ricky who suggested that the club might offer a deal on programme prices and season tickets. Just wonder if it would be possible to offer different 'bundles'. For example, a reduction if you buy a season ticket and a subscription to Buddievision, or one for a season ticket and car parking. Not sure about the economics, so it might not be viable for the club, but just a thought. Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pondsman said:

I also live a good distance from Paisley and enjoy the travel and refreshments experience on a match day.

There are more than a few of us like minded Buds.

Cheers 

Not sure how Dusseldorf or other German clubs fixed it but I believe their fans get free rail travel on production of their football tickets.  The SFA and wee Nicky should get their heads together and sort out a similar deal with the rail network here. That would boost the economy and raise numbers at all the grounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My reason. It reserves one of the best seats in the ground, among my mates.

Also all the other reasons stand too. It is good value for money, makes sure others know you have commitments every other saturday, supports the club I love and every 5-10 years we get something to get really excited about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2018 at 9:21 AM, Hambud said:

My reason. It reserves one of the best seats in the ground, among my mates.

Also all the other reasons stand too. It is good value for money, makes sure others know you have commitments every other saturday, supports the club I love and every 5-10 years we get something to get really excited about.

Fans invest emotionally in their club and having a season ticket cements that relationship..... Now when are they on sale from...... 22 May

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2018 at 9:16 AM, East Lothian Saint said:

There are more than a few of us like minded Buds.

Cheers 

Not sure how Dusseldorf or other German clubs fixed it but I believe their fans get free rail travel on production of their football tickets.  The SFA and wee Nicky should get their heads together and sort out a similar deal with the rail network here. That would boost the economy and raise numbers at all the grounds.

Free travel in a 50km radius with every Bundesliga ticket, fantastic initiative and free buses from the stations to the grounds and back. Something at the back of my mind thinks one of the arse cheeks, possibly the green cheek, May have had a free travel scheme with STs a few years back. The German scheme is for any match ticket not just STs. Probably comes about from their ownership and funding model plus the big supports but match tickets are generally less than we will be charging and the product and match day experience is light years ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2018 at 7:49 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:

. Something at the back of my mind thinks one of the arse cheeks, possibly the green cheek, May have had a free travel scheme with STs a few years back. 

You are correct indeed Mr Ayrshire!

It was around the time Septic Park re-opened & operated for a couple of seasons (Season tickets only!) - As well as a sneaky by Scotrail to get them used to the train on matchdays it gave them free travel to home games & 1/2 price to away games in Strathclyde (That's HALF the SPL next season!) 

Edited by thepaisleypanda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, E=Mc2 said:

Season ticket renewed.

I noticed that in 2008 I paid £300 (plus £1 admin).

Today it cost £299 (plus £1 admin).

By the year 5008 I will only be paying the admin fee.

Might need help to my seat by then. 

 

 

 

Love the positivity!  Hope it's catching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hambud said:

My shares and SMISA my membership cement my relationship financially. My season ticket gets me out the house.

Even better you've got enough cement to build in the corners at the stadium. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2018 at 5:07 PM, East Lothian Saint said:

St Ricky has been pushing for a big increase in Season Tickets and expounding the benefits this would create for the club.  What about the benefits to the Fan? Why does anyone buy a season ticket and what are the benefits to them?   

R-735011-1153327947.jpeg.jpg

9 days left and in the words of the clash

“Should I stay, or should I go????”

Yes, it’s nearly time for the early bird season ticket renewal. It’s not really a question of whether I renew it or not. That’s a given. Jack Ross and Gavin Reilly may also be pondering the question “should I stay, or should I go” but essentially, they are just employees of the club who might work hard and do a great job but it’s still their occupation not their hobby and whether they stay or not, I shall chose to plough all my hard earned cash into something I want to do and not something I have to do.

A Season ticket is like a passport or a permission slip. It tells the wife match days are mine and I won’t be going shopping, sight seeing or undertaking any DIY projects on said days. It reduces nagging, huffs and football widow tantrums because once she knows the season ticket is paid for there is no point in fighting it. She just changes tac and exploits the feck out of match day expenses which costs me a fortune, but I get a nag free season.

The game is only 90 minutes in the middle of a match day which is usually full of fun, travel and adventure. I get to travel up, down and across the country, meeting lots of likeminded people and usually having a drink with them. On the trips to Paisley I meet old mates or pub buddies. On my travels I make lots of new friends, acquaintances and drinking buddies. On away days I’m reunited with die hard, like minded Buds. We party, have a sing song and win, lose or draw it’s the day out that’s important. The season ticket is not just for entry to St Mirren Park. It symbolises commitment to the idea that match days are important, and Saints take priority over more routine, mundane pastimes that can dominate home life if you let them.

“Should I stay, or should I go” relates to whether I try to move my season ticket seat which I haven’t sat in all season or try and oust the owner of the seat in the row behind and six along who hasn’t sat in their seat all season either because I’ve been in it.

Whatever happens I’ll be there next year whether JR is there or not. The match day out is a great experience, hail, rain or shine, win lose or draw.

Of course, it’s been great with JR in charge and winning every week and I’d love him to stay but it’s my team and it’s only his Job. So, no matter who is in charge and who is in the squad. I’ll be there.

ST Mirren is for life not just Fergie, Smith, Hendrie, McPherson, Lennon and Ross seasons

Not everyone has the time or means to go to all the games BUT If you can and want to go to the games, get a season ticket.

It stops the clash with the wife when she tries to take you shopping or create DIY tasks on a match-day.

Of course, you may have other reasons!

I personally can't commit to a season ticket right now(for personal reasons that I won't bore people with) but IF I could,I would without a seconds thought, regardless of managerial appointment or players.I Love St Mirren and will attend as many games as I can and hope we do well. COYS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Season ticket update.  Tickets for parts of the ground are selling out fast. For example... Only front row seats left in W2. 

We're there that many not already held by ST holders available to purchase in the first place ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

We're there that many not already held by ST holders available to purchase in the first place ?

Ayrshire.... I am a season ticket holder. I wanted to renew but change my seat plus buy 3 more seats together. Only passing on the information. 

Good service from a very busy ticket office. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×