Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Would really love us to sign a decent young striker who will come and learn off a true professional like Thomohawk. I will be very disappointed if by the time the great man hangs up his boots with the buddies if we don't utilise his potential to assist a young lad up front in games.

Do we have anyone in the U20's who will have any chance of making the step up to 1st team at some point next season?

Jack Smith?

Decent striker was the question posted. This lad is about 4 stone and 4 ft! If he was a tricky midfielder/winger I may ignore the build, but striker......no chance.

Well, talk like that will encourage the lad no end.

Are you suggesting that only big, strapping types can be effective strikers? I hope so, because I am going to have fun blowing that one out the water.

Someone on P&B saying Akinfenwa from Northampton has been offered 2 year deal, any other buddies know anything about this

Maybe he's been reading things wrong and someone had told him they had been offered "A FINE WA*K". for two years salary.

Edited by stlucifer

Well, talk like that will encourage the lad no end.

Are you suggesting that only big, strapping types can be effective strikers? I hope so, because I am going to have fun blowing that one out the water.

I wouldn't say big or strapping, but you need some sort of strength about you to be a striker and he doesn't look to have that! I Can't recall anyone with his build being successful in that position.

I look forward to you "blowing that one out the water" however I don't expect him to make an impact this year and I foresee a release next summer.

I wouldn't say big or strapping, but you need some sort of strength about you to be a striker and he doesn't look to have that! I Can't recall anyone with his build being successful in that position.

I look forward to you "blowing that one out the water" however I don't expect him to make an impact this year and I foresee a release next summer.

Prior to joining Saints, Craig Dargo would have been considered 'successful in that position', no. Just getting things started.

Decent striker was the question posted. This lad is about 4 stone and 4 ft! If he was a tricky midfielder/winger I may ignore the build, but striker......no chance.

Behave,the boy has a good turn of pace and a good footballer.

No wonder fitba in this country is fecked when those in charge go with big strapping lads

Oh, and there is Jermain Defoe....

Theo Walcott....

Sergio Aguero....

Should I keep going?

ETA :David Villa, anyone?

Defoe, aguero and especially villa are all well built! Walcott is not a striker.

If you want to compare Smith with Dargo, we are hardly being complimentary to the lad.

"Should I keep going?" Yes please, I think you will struggle to convince me that someone of his build has been a success in that position.

Defoe, aguero and especially villa are all well built! Walcott is not a striker.

If you want to compare Smith with Dargo, we are hardly being complimentary to the lad.

"Should I keep going?" Yes please, I think you will struggle to convince me that someone of his build has been a success in that position.

Smith has plenty of opportunity to fill out. Defoe weighs all of 65kg in any event. Players can easily add bulk and strength if that is what is required . Smith is an 18 year old lad, FFS.

Walcott has been played as a forward.

Dargo was prolific for ICT and I imagine you were as excited as everyone else when he signed for us (albeit it didn't turn out as we all hoped it would).

Smith has plenty of opportunity to fill out. Defoe weighs all of 65kg in any event. Players can easily add bulk and strength if that is what is required . Smith is an 18 year old lad, FFS.

Dargo was prolific for ICT and I imagine you were as excited as everyone else when he signed for us (albeit it didn't turn out as we all hoped it would).

Yeh , I remember guys saying that Dargo wasn't cutting it because he was part of a partnership with goal Shyness. Then we brought in Shyness and it was still pretty much the same. However , I believe Dennis was the first player in a Saints strip to score at SMP. .phone.gif

I don't know what Jack Smith weighs but I'd guess around 7 stone. From the figure you have plucked from the internet suggests Defoe is 3-4 stone heavier. Your attempt to compare is totally disproportionate.

Dargo had one good and one average season at Inverness and prior to that he was hardly prolific with Kilmarnock so you imagined wrong re my excitement about his signing.

His build or lack thereof was evident during his time with us when he bounced off big SPL defenders. The inability to compete and subsequent lack of goals is what he was judged on.

I don't know what Jack Smith weighs but I'd guess around 7 stone. From the figure you have plucked from the internet suggests Defoe is 3-4 stone heavier. Your attempt to compare is totally disproportionate.

Dargo had one good and one average season at Inverness and prior to that he was hardly prolific with Kilmarnock so you imagined wrong re my excitement about his signing.

His build or lack thereof was evident during his time with us when he bounced off big SPL defenders. The inability to compete and subsequent lack of goals is what he was judged on.

Any idea what Leigh Griffiths weighs, given your apparent obsession with such things?

If we can convince Jack Smith to sign a new deal then I have high hopes for him , he's still not put pen to paper though and you can be sure his dad will have contacts at other clubs that are willing to take a chance on him.

I have no idea who is going to be our first signing of the close season,but unless they're on par with Lionel Messi,there's going to be a fair amount of knickerwetting on here.laugh.png

Edited by FTOF

I have no idea who is going to be our first signing of the close season,but unless they're on par with Lionel Messi,there's going to be a fair amount of knickerwetting on here.laugh.png

I'll be happy if they're on a par with Andy Dorman.