Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

36 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

would i be right in saying that we will be getting around £200,000 from uefa due to the old infirm euro exploits?

Probably it's only 30 pieces of silver for being acquiescent aiding and abetting about being represented by two clubs founded on and financed by bigotry.

Edited by antrin
fixed it for accuracy

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

I was merely responding to your staunch no surrender/down wit' dat kind of t'ing Question...

..and thought your wilfully blind eye needed to be jabbed. Mildly.

I'm no apologist for Celtic or their Chums. Would that we would act like UEFA and apply sanctions. But.. I'll not turn my nose up at cash coming into the club. I merely asked if we get cash in through Killie and Aberdeen. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm no apologist for Celtic or their Chums. Would that we would act like UEFA and apply sanctions. But.. I'll not turn my nose up at cash coming into the club. I merely asked if we get cash in through Killie and Aberdeen. 

And the weasel words in bold is your 30 pieces of silver.

Merely ask your questions of someone wgaf about what a tacit bigot supporter wants to know.  It won't be me.

Or here's an idea - go away and do your own research.  :)

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

And the weasel words in bold is your 30 pieces of silver.

Merely ask your questions of someone wgaf about what a tacit bigot supporter wants to know.  It won't be me.

Or here's an idea - go away and do your own research.  :)

Each of us have different views on this issue. We clearly differ. I can't be any clearer.

I deplore the sectarianism acted out by both sets of these clubs fans (or at least a number of them), 

I haven't and won't let this deter me from going along to watch my team at home and personally would encourage our fans to turn up, show decent behaviour, noisily support our team and hopefully watch us take a point or points off these clubs. 

I suspect that we do get cash because Killie and Aberdeen played in Europe and I'll happily take that. 

Edited by St.Ricky

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Each of us have different views on this issue. We clearly differ. I can't be any clearer.

I deplore the sectarianism acted out by both sets of these clubs fans (or at least a number of them), 

I haven't and won't let this deter me from going along to watch my team at home and personally would encourage our fans to turn up, show decent behaviour, noisily support our team and hopefully watch us take a point or points off these clubs. 

I suspect that we do get cash because Killie and Aberdeen played in Europe and I'll happily take that. 

You've always been perfectly clear... if mealy-mouthed.. about the bigotry.

You say it's awful, it's appalling... you wring your hands and wish it would change but accept that things are as they are and - fatal flaw for me - appear opposed to everyone who suggest actions can and should be taken.  That's collaboration, I'm afraid.

The road is clear now, plough on.  

I'll be offski.  :)

1 hour ago, antrin said:

You've always been perfectly clear... if mealy-mouthed.. about the bigotry.

You say it's awful, it's appalling... you wring your hands and wish it would change but accept that things are as they are and - fatal flaw for me - appear opposed to everyone who suggest actions can and should be taken.  That's collaboration, I'm afraid.

The road is clear now, plough on.  

I'll be offski.  :)

Your prerogative. 

Meanwhile, I'll be at the game on Sunday. I'll also take cash benefit we get nto our club from any Scottish team playing in Europe whoever they might be. One day, I hope that we will be back in Europe and be happy that other clubs benefit. 

On 7/28/2019 at 5:31 PM, insaintee said:

Quite excited by what I'm hearing although of course it might be shit. 

A left back 

Two wingers 

A centre half 

Two strikers 

A Midfielder. 

That's seven not four or five. but four signings and three loans

Tick - Good Source.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Has he ever proven this? I've seen nothing of him to suggest that he's good enough for the top division. 

He has a phenomenal work rate and played in the right position could have a big impact on a game.  In the top division I don't think we gave him a chance under Stubbs or Oran. I don't think either manager wanted to play that way and let him go.  We are playing that way with Andreau in the exact position that Smith was good at in the championship. It might be worth another go. 

Edited by insaintee

Has he ever proven this? I've seen nothing of him to suggest that he's good enough for the top division. 
He's not had much of a chance to prove it. Most of his appearances for Aberdeen were as a teenage substitute and he was unfortunate that, going into last season as our POTY, Stubbs happened. Still only 24 I, for one, would welcome him back with open arms.

Dundee Utd heavily invested in bringing in Cammy. It hasn't worked out for whatever reason. He was played in his preferred position and still fell down the pecking order after been given his chance. May be more to the personality of the player if it's not a lack of ability.

35 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Have to agree with you, somewhat reluctantly, as I thought he was great for us during the time he was with us, out with the S***bs debacle.

If he couldn't get a regular slot last season in a pretty shit United team, then I can't see him making it at the top level.

Edited by FTOF

Have to agree with you, somewhat reluctantly, as I thought he was great for us during the time he was with us, out with the S***bs debacle.
If he couldn't get a regular slot last season in a pretty shit United team, then I can't see him making it at the top level.

He's not become a bad player overnight. He was a standout in our excellent Championship side which ran away with the league. The United fans seem a bit puzzled as to why he's not getting a chance there.

I looked it up and 9 starts in the Premier for us last season during a horrendous period. You then have to go back to February '16 for an Aberdeen top league start.