jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

21 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I know you don't rate our strikers very well, but in reality 2 CB's inbound, 1 being Baird, is a much higher priority, even if either or both of our old guys looks like getting back to fitness - we cannot take that risk again surely - not at the sharp end of the season, and starting only 1 point about the play-off place...?

LB and LM also higher priority but a goal scoring player would be very well received . . . 😁

Really ?

How about we sign some players who’ve never played for us before and they turn out good.

Fcuk, why did no one think of that before.

Anyone coming back is coming back for a reason - IE they haven’t made it elsewhere.

Stephen McGinn, Paul McGinn, John oh I so f'in hope so........

Well that's two that just proved you know nothing and I've just quickly thought of current players.

17 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

So one inbound, then. Not two. 

Much like a Tory policy with new nurses, signing one new player and retaining another player - even one who has been out on loan - doesn't mean two incoming as the player is already ours. 

Not sure what you are trying to assert here BUT if Baird has not being playing for us (as he has not) and he comes in and does then he has "bounded in". If not he could presumably remain at the Soap dodgers and would NOT be inbound . . .

Given we have NO CB's fit and have a RB and Midfielder who can play CB at a push, bringing in Baird and another is pretty fundamentally having 2 inbound for this purpose.

Whether Baird is already our player or not - he is out (away at the moment and would need to come back in)

Whoooooooooooosh me thinks !  :cheers

Cody Cooke quoted in the PDE. He doesn't seem to think any more strikers will be arriving in January.

He admits it was a weight off his mind to hear St Mirren gaffer Jim Goodwin wasn’t targeting new signings up front after he has battled his way back into contention.

He said: “It’s a bit of a relief that the gaffer has spoken about being happy with the strikers he’s got at the club. From our point of view, I know there was a lot of question marks towards the start of the year about how many goals the boys were scoring. But now we’ve got real good competition for places. Jon Obika’s got the shirt at the moment and he knows there’s people really pushing him hard to keep his place, including myself.We’ve got Danny Mullen as well, who didn’t get on against Killie. We’ve got a really strong forward line and it would surprise me if he was to add to that number. The only way I could see things changing is if somebody moved out, but that’s not the case. The manager hasn’t mentioned that to me or any of the others and I can see why because we’ve got good competition.”

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not sure what you are trying to assert here BUT if Baird has not being playing for us (as he has not) and he comes in and does then he has "bounded in". If not he could presumably remain at the Soap dodgers and would NOT be inbound . . .

Given we have NO CB's fit and have a RB and Midfielder who can play CB at a push, bringing in Baird and another is pretty fundamentally having 2 inbound for this purpose.

Whether Baird is already our player or not - he is out (away at the moment and would need to come back in)

Whoooooooooooosh me thinks !  :cheers

:lol: 

Nae bother Matt Hancock.

23 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Cork City defender Conor McCarthy is being linked with a move to the SPL, with St. Mirren his likely destination.

Source: Cork City FC News via Twitter

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Irish Centre Back linked with the club. Negotiations underway. 

Well I never. :lol:

On 1/3/2020 at 9:51 AM, bazil85 said:

Imagine.

It’s 18th January, 3pm. Over 7,000 including 1,633 Broxburn Athletic fans cram into the Simple Digital Arena.

The saints line-up with Hladky in goal and a back four of McGinn, Popescu, Davis and Muzek. Gavin Reilly leads the line on his return to the club, he’s taking the kick-off back to Morgan.

Scenes!

Midfield looks a bit weak