Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

8 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Don't know if anyone else has read but one of the apparently interested clubs in McGrath being Birmingham are in turmoil with fans protests against owners, lack of investment, wrong end of table,etc.

A club in freefall and not a forward step imo.

Wigan are interested and their CEO used to be the CEO at Dundalk when McGrath was there I’m sure.

7 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Wigan are interested and their CEO used to be the CEO at Dundalk when McGrath was there I’m sure.

They also have picked up a few players from spl. Jason Kerr and Jordan Jones in last transfer window. Although it's league 1 they do seem in a far better shape than Birmingham. Mind you they did leave the Kerr transfer til last day.

11 hours ago, Rascal said:

Didn’t play at any stage. Neither did Gocic

Both are not part of their long term plans under Maloney and they are also into the final 5-6 months of their contracts. 

It's all good and well giving players a run out, though if you have players who are part of your future plans in the waiting and these guys are not, they go further down the pecking order.

1 hour ago, CraigyBoy said:

Rudden agreed a pre contract  3yr deal with Dundee...Assuming they will now push that through and get him ok board this month 

Watched him the other night, I have my doubts he is even ready for premier league football.

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

If he's not I can hardly see anyone from amateur football being ready. 

Grieve has already shown more footballing nous in one moment, than I saw from Rudden in 90 minutes against us.

Edited by FTOF

14 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Difficult to judge on one game but agree, I certainly didn’t see anything that made me think “ we should be looking at this lad “  

It seems a 5 minute cameo performance is enough for some to spot a star. :lol:

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Grieve has already shown more footballing nous in one moment, than I saw from Rudden in 90 minutes against us.

42 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Watched him the other night, I have my doubts he is even ready for premier league football.

I agree , I made a point of watching him against Kilmarnock because there had been speculation about interest from other clubs , but I didn't see anything to suggest that he can make the step up !

8 minutes ago, cardeebuds said:

People writing Grieve off before he's hardly kicked a ball for us because he came from New Zealand is embarrasing. We've had strikers in the last few years that have recently played in the EPL who've turned out to be carthorses so why don't we wait till he's played a few games before writing him off

Who's writing him off?

There is a view that coming from his background is he's unlikely to be Lionel Messi or go onto play for Bayern Munich. :lol:

Bargain basement shopping from us again.

Time will tell. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. 

1 hour ago, cardeebuds said:

People writing Grieve off before he's hardly kicked a ball for us because he came from New Zealand is embarrasing. We've had strikers in the last few years that have recently played in the EPL who've turned out to be carthorses so why don't we wait till he's played a few games before writing him off

Will give my verdict after he's been on the park for at least 30 mins.. And I'm never wrong  :whistle Faraway will confirm that