Craig Dargo

I agree with 'whydowebother' above. Just half-a-dozen league goals or something in 4 years is not good enough for us. He should do well in Div 1 though if he can stay fit (which is a big ask for him) - surprised teams like Livi, Thistle or even Morton weren't interested.

Edited by Buddie-Boy

Sorry guys , would not like to see him back at Saints. He had his time , he failed as a striker which is what he was employed for.

Nice guy , plenty of endeavour , but like the other players we cleared out , he had to go.

I'll echo that! He had 4 seasons at St Mirren and it is now time for everyone to move on.

I'd welcome him as back-up to Thompson and Nigel in a shot. McQuade looks like he'll never make it and it's too early for McShane. After that, we've got nothing.

This really annoys me about some saints fans! We see about 5mins of McQuade in a game and 'hes not a player' and 'he'll never make it'. Judge him once he has played at least a handfull of games then you may be entitled to say hes not good enough, but you never know he may surprise you! But i guess youve already made up your mind.

I'd welcome him as back-up to Thompson and Nigel in a shot. McQuade looks like he'll never make it and it's too early for McShane. After that, we've got nothing.

In fairness to McShane, the game swung in our favour when he came on against United as we could hold the ball better upfront. Also tracked back exceptionally well and put in a cracking slide challenge right infront of the away faithful. I think whether it's his time or no he deserves a wee chance to prove himself which won't happen if we bring in another striker to put ahead of him in the pecking order.

This really annoys me about some saints fans! We see about 5mins of McQuade in a game and 'hes not a player' and 'he'll never make it'. Judge him once he has played at least a handfull of games then you may be entitled to say hes not good enough, but you never know he may surprise you! But i guess youve already made up your mind.

I have seen McQuade play a couple of games and he simply doesnt look anywhere good enough for the SPL. McShane has shown more potential in a lot less time than McQuade has ever done and is 5 years younger. In this League you dont have the luxury of giving someone 5 games to see if they are any good. McQuade shows DL every day in training what he is capable of and since he isn't picked I think that tells its own story.

Agreed. Mcshane and mcquade could both be assets to the club over the coming season. Give them a chance.

I would still have him at the club. I think playing in the current team he would be a great asset. It's strange how he's always the one that people criticize when talking about players that are injured or missing games for whatever reason. Compared to David Barron he was like a regular starter. Out at the start of this season and played just a handful of games in 2 out of the last 3 seasons!

Couple of Thistle fans on our forum seem to think we should be going for him. Strangely they are the same folk who want a 30 goal a season, 6 yard box striker.

12 goals in 125 appearances over the last 4 years suggests Dargs isn't that man!

From your games that i was at, at the end of the season, his legs are going and would struggle to be fit for a full season.

I'd agree with the point above ICT got him at his peak.

I think we now have the attacking players in our squad that Dargo would relish playing alongside. His biggest problem in his 4 years with us was that he never got to play alongside someone that could read the game as well as him and know where they should be when Dargs got the ball. I'd have him back in a heartbeat. He could also do a job coaching the young guys like McShane.

I have seen McQuade play a couple of games and he simply doesnt look anywhere good enough for the SPL. McShane has shown more potential in a lot less time than McQuade has ever done and is 5 years younger. In this League you dont have the luxury of giving someone 5 games to see if they are any good. McQuade shows DL every day in training what he is capable of and since he isn't picked I think that tells its own story.

Now that we have no reserve league it can take any player 5 games or more to get up to match fitness or at least adapt to the speed of the game at SPL level. I think you are a bit harsh judging him when he has not had much game time. I agree that he should be given the chance to prove he can cut it at this level. A few of my friends actually rate him as the one player from Cowdenbeath with the most talent and potential. Only time will tell.

it's too early for McShane.

:blink:

He'll be 20 years old next month! He's only 10 months younger than Hasselbaink!

He's had a successful season in the Second Division, scoring goals for a struggling side and winning player of the year awards. With some experience behind him and at the age of 20, far from being too early, its coming up for 'make or break' for McShane. He should be looking to become a regular this season. :1eye