Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

Very good.
A labour of love by Ian  Young.  Informative.
i remember Christie Terrace, too.   Hadn’t noticed that it had GONE!

(One wee quibble.... I’d spell separate, with those 2 a and 2 e letters...)

I'd let him off with the spelling error but not with getting his own name wrong in the end credits (lower case 'y' instead of capital).

[emoji846]

9 minutes ago, pod said:

You liked, there's a difference. 

Besides, it's the suppliers that are the scum of the earth.  

So are the Junkies who would rob their granny and everybody elses.

Anyway, you're miles off the point.

33 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Neilston Road. Looks like the ground where the Co-Op now stands has been cleared but not built on yet.

The big chimney and the big clock is the giveaway. Balnagowan Arms must be just to the right of the picture. 

On 11/15/2020 at 7:07 PM, Cookie Monster said:

I can see my Grandparents house 21 Lady Lane, my Granddads work 15 Lady Lane, my Grandparents club 14 Lady Lane, my Grandads local 26 Lady Lane and my Grans work 52 George Street.

He teased her cause she had that far to go to work. emoji23.png

Only thing you missed out  from Lady Lane was the "shortcut" to George Street. I remember waiting outside 26 for my

Grandfather. One of  the few days he couldn't be bothered walking to The Bluebird in Causeyside Street. Was it Tom Smith the Butcher or the

Off License your Gran worked in? Only other shop I can remember was Alisatair's the Dairy but that was maybe 54. 

Three Bowling Clubs in photo.

Just to add to another debate , the Chinese Restaurant across the road from the Red Buildings  must be in with a shout for being one of the first to open

in Paisley.  

33 minutes ago, hamlet said:

Only thing you missed out  from Lady Lane was the "shortcut" to George Street. I remember waiting outside 26 for my

Grandfather. One of  the few days he couldn't be bothered walking to The Bluebird in Causeyside Street. Was it Tom Smith the Butcher or the

Off License your Gran worked in? Only other shop I can remember was Alisatair's the Dairy but that was maybe 54. 

Just to add to another debate , the Chinese Restaurant across the road from the Red Buildings  must be in with a shout for being one of the first to open

in Paisley.  

It was the first.

in Paisley.  

Hands up, I guessed the number of the shop in George Street. Was there not a Co-op shop in that block?

There was a photo of the high street posted about a month ago with what looked like a Chinese Restaurant that possibly pre dates Kwang Tung.

8 hours ago, hamlet said:

in Paisley.  

Good memory, hamlet!

Though there was a chip shop between Tom Smith’s (latterly Chic Green’s) and Alistair’s. Dairy shop.   The chip shop became Claude Hannah’s off-licence...

...and there was a wee Galbraith’s on the right of that butcher shop.

eta

although mibbe this jogged your memory?  :)
FB_IMG_1583590291337.jpeg

Edited by antrin

Good memory, hamlet!
Though there was a chip shop between Tom Smith’s (latterly Chic Green’s) and Alistair’s. Dairy shop.   The chip shop became Claude Hannah’s off-licence...
...and there was a wee Galbraith’s on the right of that butcher shop.

eta
although mibbe this jogged your memory?  [emoji4]
FB_IMG_1583590291337.jpeg.2ab7d51a20d3f8377d55d5464b6f59c0.jpeg
Was there a co-op ever there or nearby?

I know my Gran worked in the one on Causeyside Street. But was sure she worked more local than that. [emoji106]