Morecambe V St Mirren Friendly 24/7/13

shull

Guest somner9

They might be but for Morecambe fans only.

Nae bother, I heard you can make a few bob cockle-picking, all though they may have to sub you yer wages?

Looking forward to this one as I know Morecambe really well.

The Globe Arena is a tidy modern little ground with a decent big stand and terracing behind each goal. Most of the town in my experience 'support' Man Utd, however, the Shrimps support, although modest, is very vocal and loyal.

I saw them twice last year, firstly in a pre season friendly against Carlisle, shortly after our visit to Brunton Park. Morecambe won 2-1. I then saw them pap Blackpool out of the league cup at Bloomfield Rd shortly after. In both games a midfielder called Alessandro ran the show. I dont think he's renewed his contract this season. Danny check him out wink.png

But let's cut to the chase! The nearest pub to the ground is The William Mitchell, just off Regent Rd. The beer's not bad and they like a bit of karaoke. Further down if you fancy something to eat is The Shrimp. It's a Toby pub and the carvery is superb. Cheapest is the western themed Ranch House on the front. To be honest it's a bit rough and ready but the prices are great. Just remember to wipe your feet on the way out thumbup2.gif

I've been in Morecombe once in my life.Think it was a pub called The Kings or maybe The Kings Head I was in.Strawberry Fields rings a bell too.

RIP Aunt Jenny and Uncle Willie who I was visiting :(

I've been in Morecombe once in my life.Think it was a pub called The Kings or maybe The Kings Head I was in.Strawberry Fields rings a bell too.

RIP Aunt Jenny and Uncle Willie who I was visiting :(

It was back in the Space Invaders days........