Lewis Guy

aldo_j

Would be a good move for him as he comes from Penrith and he wont probably feature much this coming season.

It also free's up another wage for us to strengthen the squad.

Would be a good move for him as he comes from Penrith and he wont probably feature much this coming season.

It also free's up another wage for us to strengthen the squad.

Aye, it seems his time with us is up one way or another.

He started the season well but faded and drifted out of contention. Didn't seem to have the focus required to feature regularly, which seemes a bit strange.

I wish him luck in any event.

Be hard to play for Eddie Stobart, He's dead, But agree could be a good move for him, Don't Think hes in Lennons plans, If he has any??

Guy was another flop as bad as Paul McQuade was and another who was offered a deal better than he deserved when Tessalaer and Hasselbaink were only offered 1 year deals. He will walk away with a nice pay off like Imrie.

Not if he agrees to leave by mutual consent he won't.

The club won't ask for a fee, and won't need to pay him off. Everyone's a winner.

Oh, and how do you know what deals were offered to the others you mention?

Guy was another flop as bad as Paul McQuade was and another who was offered a deal better than he deserved when Tessalaer and Hasselbaink were only offered 1 year deals. He will walk away with a nice pay off like Imrie.

Lewis Guy scored a good few goals and for that he has my respect, as for McQuade he just messed about and wasted everyone at the clubs time.

If you look at Guy's scoring record before joining us you will see It's the same. Never been anywhere close to a goal scorer and never will be. I think he was a poor signing from my hero Danny Lennon but a club our size can't always get what we want. A few more will disappoint me next season but hey ho! ...Paul McGowan, John McGinn, Stevie Thompson, Gary Teale and hopefully Kenny McLean can get us in the top six.

I think McQuade was very unlucky with injuries, it's impossible to say how things would have gone if he'd been fit even half the time he was here.

McQuade couldn't/wouldn't apply himself to full time training. He's now back playing junior at Dundonald and working as a tiler. Not a very good tiler at that.

Lewis Guy scored a good few goals and for that he has my respect, as for McQuade he just messed about and wasted everyone at the clubs time.

Lewis Guy is a decent player and will start a season well.

The problem is the longer the season goes on his problems with his legs will flare up.

I noticed a few times last season after 20 mins he kept rubbing his hamstrings and didn't make so many sprints to get in behind.

Started to get lazy and hence all the offsides

Good point.

Dougie Imrie: 2 and a half year deal

Lewis Guy: 2 year deal

John Robertson: 2 year deal

Grant Adam: 2 year deal

Hasselbaink and Tess: 1 year deal.

Danny seems to consistently be giving big contracts to the wrong players.

Lewis is yet another flop to add to what's becoming an extremely long list of recent signing failures. I'd be astounded if Carlisle offered him anything incidentally, he's rubbish. I suspect we may be lumbered with him next season as no other club will be daft enough to touch him. That or another expensive 'mutual consent' agreement Dougie Imrie style.

Edited by Lex

Good point.

Dougie Imrie: 2 and a half year deal

Lewis Guy: 2 year deal

John Robertson:  2 year deal

Grant Adam:  2 year deal

Hasselbaink and Tess: 1 year deal.

Danny seems to consistently be giving big contracts to the wrong players.  

Lewis is yet another flop to add to what's becoming an extremely long list of recent signing failures.  I'd be astounded if Carlisle offered him anything incidentally, he's rubbish.  I suspect we may be lumbered with him next season as no other club will be daft enough to touch him.  That or another expensive 'mutual consent' agreement Dougie Imrie style.

I think we offered Hasselbank a two year deal but he only wanted one. Not sure about Tess. Suspect their agent had a lot to do with the length of contracts they signed.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Black & White Army mobile app

McQuade couldn't/wouldn't apply himself to full time training. He's now back playing junior at Dundonald and working as a tiler. Not a very good tiler at that.

McQuade used to car share with Potter and Gallacher. When they left, he had to make his way from Fife to Ralston each day by public transport. That's what he found tough, not the actual full time traing.

I think we offered Hasselbank a two year deal but he only wanted one. Not sure about Tess. Suspect their agent had a lot to do with the length of contracts they signed.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Black & White Army mobile app

It's not so much not giving them 2 year deals, it's giving the duds 2 year deals. Why Robbo and Guy got them i've simply no idea. They were both big gambles and should have been given 1 year contracts, if they had both would have been released by now, instead we are stuck trying to get rid of them.