Newton Rejoins On Loan

He's a defender on his Granny's side. He's a midfielder and does a good job when he's the sitting midfielder , he is never a defender , too much of a liability and takes too many chances.

Disagree.

Seems the Newton loan is only till January, hopefully it will get extended like Dummett did last year.

Great news!

We desperately need Newton in the side to allow McGowan to play a more advanced role.

Newton to provide a platform on which McGowan and McGinn can be more forward thinking. Sounds good to me, just need someone to tell Gary Harkins that his new nickname at the club will be 'Dougie Imrie'.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/st-mirren-win-race-sign-2131019#.UgEGkbQ6c1k.twitter

However, Newton is ready to do his bit to confirm the 18-year-old's capture, saying: "I've already had a word with Adam and told him what the club is like.

"I told him it would definitely be a good move for him to come up here and play. If the deal is done for him to come to Saints I'll be the first one to welcome him. He can definitely benefit up here."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/st-mirren-win-race-sign-2131019#.UgEGkbQ6c1k.twitter

However, Newton is ready to do his bit to confirm the 18-year-old's capture, saying: "I've already had a word with Adam and told him what the club is like.

"I told him it would definitely be a good move for him to come up here and play. If the deal is done for him to come to Saints I'll be the first one to welcome him. He can definitely benefit up here."

NEWTONNNNNNN!!!!!

You make one of the important points, Goodwin is indeed a defensive midfielder , IMO he shouldn't be playing in the back four just because he can get by playing there. A new experienced central defender should be brought in ,thus enabling Goodwin to play the position that got him his lucrative contract in the first place.

Correct. A central defender and a striker should have been the priorities.

Disagree with comments about Goodwin not having the pace to play in midfield.

Pace isn’t an attribute you normally associate with sitting midfielders.

Mark Reilly is probably the finest exponent of a sitting midfielder I’ve seen at St. Mirren. He had no pace and was right at the end of his career when he arrived at Love Street.

Neil Lennon was another classic sitting midfielder. No pace.

And the great Billy Abercromby…

Conor also quoted as saying,

"At this stage in my career I really need to be playing games, so I think St Mirren are the right club to come back to.

"From the gaffer Danny to his assistant Tommy Craig and the other backroom staff and the lads, they are a great bunch. I really missed that dressing room when I went back to Newcastle in the summer.

"St Mirren gave me my first shot at football and that meant a lot to me, so coming back is best for both parties."

He'll be one of "happy clappers" others dislike.

Positivity always wins over negativity.

Welcome back Conor.

I hate to pour cold water on this but we are really looking at things short term.

Newton, signs up till January.

Thommo, on a one year deal and not getting any younger.

Teale as per Thommo.

McGowan on a one year deal.

I'm sure that there will be others that I've not mentioned.

We'll be back to square one next season. I do hope that if we survive this season we will be a bit quicker sorting things out prior to the start of the season.

I hate to pour cold water on this but we are really looking at things short term.

Teale as per Thommo.

We'll be back to square one next season. I do hope that if we survive this season we will be a bit quicker sorting things out prior to the start of the season.

Aye but we'll have the Champions League money to look forward to next year and 5 million quid for Mcgowan and Mclean in january punk.gif

Teale as per Thommo.

The new manager will have a big rebuilding job on his hands.

He loves us so much that he signed up till January.

The fans have been calling for additions to a thread bare squad , DL has got Conor back a great addition ,good chance we will also get Adam Campbell ,two very good players who had other clubs after them ,so what if it is 6 months they can extend it in January.

The fans have been calling for additions to a thread bare squad , DL has got Conor back a great addition ,good chance we will also get Adam Campbell ,two very good players who had other clubs after them ,so what if it is 6 months they can extend it in January.

Alternatively we will loose them in January, if Campbell agrees to join. Then the fun will start all over again.