Estonian Striker

Murray7

Is Estonia in France? Not the last time I looked.

St Mirren manager Danny Lennon hopes to sign a striker over the next few days. After losing to Ross County, Lennon revealed he may also bring in Blackpool midfielder Jake Caprice, who had a trial spell in Paisley. "He did very well in the week that we had him and it's a conversation I'll have with Blackpool," Lennon said. "There's certainly been correspondence. "We've also got one over from France - a striker - that we hope to complete in the early part of next week."

Why are folk having a go about Kenny McLean?

He scores goals, he gets beyond defenders, he creates chances. He's a pretty decent player.

Some folk need to take off the blinkers!

It's not so much having a go, it's more like he's a player Lennon won't drop. He's out injured for weeks and as soon as he's fit McGinn (of all people) is dropped! I, personally, would take McGinn over McLean any day!

It's not so much having a go, it's more like he's a player Lennon won't drop. He's out injured for weeks and as soon as he's fit McGinn (of all people) is dropped! I, personally, would take McGinn over McLean any day!

This is why people have a pop at McLean. He's not as good as he likes to think he is, whereas McGinn is a worker who deserves better than the treatment he is currently getting. I just hope he doesn't get big-headed, like McLean did, when a few plaudits and some transfer speculation start to fly around.

Macneil bloke on twitter now says estonian might not be signing......

DL says in today's Herald that, after watching him in training, he has decided not to take up the option on Artur Rattel, the Estonian. He says he hopes to sign a French striker, one with "presence, great pace, great desire and work ethic", on long-term loan - might even happen for tonight if international clearance goes through..

DL due to appear on Radio Scotland shortly.

Edited to add that he says that Caprice is definitely coming today and that the French striker's agent has come in with an additional demand.

Edited by smcc

Sounds as though the deal for the other striker could be dead.

Danny suggesting that further demands have been made just as the deal was about to be done.

Still a chance, but less likely now.

Is "the other striker" you mention Rattel or the French guy, Drew?

Just seen smcc's edit. There's always a chance of additional demands when an agent realises how desperate we are.

You've got to laugh....or else you'd cry!

I didn't catch everything Danny saifd as it was busy in the hoose during the interview, but I don't think it is totally dead.

That said, if it falls through, no doubt this will be entirely down to Dannyrolleyes.gif

Edited by Drew

Edited to add that he says that Caprice is definitely coming today and that the French striker's agent has come in with an additional demand.

There's probably Rheims of paperwork to be sorted out.

Maybe he'd prefer to sign for Terry Butcher at Calais Thistle.

I spoke to Brian Caldwell a few mins ago.

The striker we are after is French, it is NOT the Estonian lad who was on trial at Killie.

At least the deal (for the French player) isn't totally dead - given that you've just spoken with BC.

I suspect it is now down to Brian to thrash out something with the player and his agent(s). Do we know if this is another loan deal, or a permanent transfer? I'd have thought the player's club would carry more weight than agents if it is a loan scenario (could be wrong on that, though).

Edited by Drew