The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wish people would stop playing the emotional blame game.

Yes the UK has foodbanks, "poverty" and people who are out of work, who the feck doesn't?

Ask yourself, how many of these poor souls are TRYING to improve their lives?

Are you really that naïve that you believe a Scottish government would magically remove these issues?

As for these bad nuclear weapons, or weapons of mass destruction, I don't recall "mass destruction" being dished out to anyone from these nasty submarines.

Also, it's only the 65+ who stopped the YES vote?

I seriously doubt this but, if it was, so what? Don't these people count? Aren't their reasons as valid as anybody else's?

You stated you had a comfortable life, so do many others and that's under this current regime.

Life isn't that bad in Scotland, and THAT'S why many people voted to keep things as they are.

Excellent post Sir, no like you.

Yes the UK has foodbanks, "poverty" and people who are out of work, who the feck doesn't?

Are you really that naïve that you believe a Scottish government would magically remove these issues?

As for these bad nuclear weapons, or weapons of mass destruction, I don't recall "mass destruction" being dished out to anyone from these nasty submarines.

I seriously doubt this but, if it was, so what? Don't these people count? Aren't their reasons as valid as anybody else's?

You stated you had a comfortable life, so do many others and that's under this current regime.

Life isn't that bad in Scotland, and THAT'S why many people voted to keep things as they are.

I agree completely. He claims a yes vote would have been a risk for him but an absolute surity for his mates "who are struggling". How the f**k can he possibly know that? Just as stupid is the claim thst over 65s swung the vote. How can anyone know that with any certainty given its a secret ballot? Its just more Yes propaganda as they try to make their supporters believe that independence will happen one day.

What we are seeing now is the absolute fallacy that "Yes" voters love their country more. Do they f**k! If they did theyd accept the democratic will of the population of Scotland and get back to working to make the country the best it can possibly be. Instead all we're seeing is bad losers with no grasp of the concept of democracy who want to continue to rip the country apart.

To quote a wise old taxi driver "f**k'em"

Sorry if you thought I was playing the emotional blackmail card, that wasn't the aim. I was just a bit dissapointed someone could say 'No thanks' whenthe aim of of my post was about what we could do now to help those struggling, rather than the outcome. I wasn't complaining about people voting No, everyone has their opinion and I respect that. The majority spoke and whilst I and 45% other people disagree, we move on and work together for the benefit of Scotland.

The aim of my post was to highlight collectively that we can all make a difference when the next set of cuts happen. That can be a No voter or a Yes voter. I don't think a Yes vote would have been a magic wand, but I do think it could helped redistribute from the wealthiest to the poorest.

As for the breakdown I seen of all the votes percentage by age, if this is a load of p*sh, then I hold my hands up. However, if it's true then the point I was making that it gives me hope that maybe in my life time I will get to see us do this. Nothing against those who voted No for their own reasons, as is there right to do so. I've not once questionnaired or stated that Yes people love Scotland more than No people. But you can't expect me to change my opinion that an independent Scotland would have been better because the majority disgaree.

I just want us all to do a bit more to help the vulnerable - which I agree some is self inflicted, a large number isn't.

The Loyalist scum made their mark on Friday night.

As did the the Republican C*ltic scum, who made their mark in the 4 poorest areas who voted YES.

These cnuts hate everything British apart from their dole money.

Unfortunately we have a divided f*cked up population with the minority human.

So everyone who vote Yes is a Republican

I thought an Independent Scotland would still be part of the commonwealth

Do us a favour and feck off to Follow Follow where your comments will be welcomed

So everyone who vote Yes is a Republican

I thought an Independent Scotland would still be part of the commonwealth

Do us a favour and feck off to Follow Follow where your comments will be welcomed

You said that, not me.

Aye, i wid be most welcome on Follow Follow lol.gif

Read all of what I say about the subject, not just the bits that you talk shite about.1eye.gif

Edited by shull

Sorry if you thought I was playing the emotional blackmail card, that wasn't the aim. I was just a bit dissapointed someone could say 'No thanks' whenthe aim of of my post was about what we could do now to help those struggling, rather than the outcome. I wasn't complaining about people voting No, everyone has their opinion and I respect that. The majority spoke and whilst I and 45% other people disagree, we move on and work together for the benefit of Scotland.

The aim of my post was to highlight collectively that we can all make a difference when the next set of cuts happen. That can be a No voter or a Yes voter. I don't think a Yes vote would have been a magic wand, but I do think it could helped redistribute from the wealthiest to the poorest.

As for the breakdown I seen of all the votes percentage by age, if this is a load of p*sh, then I hold my hands up. However, if it's true then the point I was making that it gives me hope that maybe in my life time I will get to see us do this. Nothing against those who voted No for their own reasons, as is there right to do so. I've not once questionnaired or stated that Yes people love Scotland more than No people. But you can't expect me to change my opinion that an independent Scotland would have been better because the majority disgaree.

I just want us all to do a bit more to help the vulnerable - which I agree some is self inflicted, a large number isn't.

Don't misunderstand me Tam, your other posts while I don't agree entirely, were an honest opinion.

I had read your earlier posts and my view is only slightly different but that's what democracy is about, people are allowed different opinions.

I also realised your "shorter" post was in response to another post, not fully explaining your point of view.

Edited by faraway saint

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/7-fascinating-insights-into-why-scotland-voted-against-indep#2vhyx1m

As did the the Republican C*ltic scum, who made their mark in the 4 poorest areas who voted YES.

So basically what you're actually saying is, you're part of the majority...

So, it WASN'T only the 65+ that voted NO?

Phew I was only guessing, glad I was right after all. thumbup2.gif

That's an interesting set of stats right enough.

PS As I said, it matters not one jot who voted which way as when you start trying to dismiss any set of supporter then you don't have democracy.

Edited by faraway saint

where did the Republican rallies take place , I must have missed them all..I live in a yes area ..never seen them waving any tri colours or hanging flags from windows or intimidating anyone near polling places..the no/ loylist voters won ..move on..

You said that, not me.

Aye, i wid be most welcome on Follow Follow lol.gif

Read all of what I say about the subject, not just the bits that you talk shite about.1eye.gif

Ain't me that's talking shite

Large amounts of Irish Republicans voted No as they see themselves Irish and don't have much time for Scotland

Believe or not there more to Scotland than the old scum

It wasn't a case of Celtic voting Yes and Rangers voting No as you made out

Someone suggesting to me what media I should watch and I assume advocating that I don't pay my licence fee. SPIN

Someone suggesting to me where I should shop. SPIN

Somebody telling me that we should blame a particular group of people. In this case because of their age.OUTRIGHT LIE

Interesting.

It must have taken a pretty twisted attitude to put that twisted spin on tam's words.

Interesting

If we assume that the poll of 2000 voters after the vote is a true reflection can I mention the following.

Many in the Yes camp are stating that without the intervention of the 3 Westminster party leaders and their pledge of the 16th September printed in the Daily Record then their would have been a victory for Yes.

According to this poll 9% of the No vote made their decision to vote No in the last 7 days before voting day on the 18th September.

Let's even assume all that 9% were swayed by the the pledge from the Wesminster parties made on the 16th September.

And let's even assume those 9% were Yes voters who were persuaded to vote No by the intervention of the 3 Party leaders.

I have done the numbers and the movement of those 9% No votes all to Yes votes would have resulted in the following referendum result.

Total of No voters 1,821,752

Total of Yes voters 1,798,162

The No vote would still have prevailed.

So is this one of the Yes votes major excuses for losing disproved or will they say this poll is erroneous?

Collectively?

As the 45 "twibbon" campaign shows... there is no will for unity... just a misplaced sense of injustice and an unwillingness to accept a democratic decision.

Ditch the 45 and 55...

When I see 100% I will believe "collectively" is possible.

Right now though... 45 is a divisive campaign!

It must have taken a pretty twisted attitude to put that twisted spin on tam's words.

Interesting

The quote from Tam's post reads. "If it wasn't for the 65+, Yes would have won."

Ok you have your opinion of how to interpret that sentence. I have my interpretation.

Edited by E=Mc2

If we assume that the poll of 2000 voters after the vote is a true reflection can I mention the following.

Many in the Yes camp are stating that without the intervention of the 3 Westminster party leaders and their pledge of the 16th September printed in the Daily Record then their would have been a victory for Yes.

According to this poll 9% of the No vote made their decision to vote No in the last 7 days before voting day on the 18th September.

Let's even assume all that 9% were swayed by the the pledge from the Wesminster parties made on the 16th September.

And let's even assume those 9% were Yes voters who were persuaded to vote No by the intervention of the 3 Party leaders.

I have done the numbers and the movement of those 9% No votes all to Yes votes would have resulted in the following referendum result.

Total of No voters 1,821,752

Total of Yes voters 1,798,162

The No vote would still have prevailed.

So is this one of the Yes votes major excuses for losing disproved or will they say this poll is erroneous?

And lets assume even more that if the YES campaign had not run out of Haribos more of the 100,000 school pupils that registered would have voted for them jerry.gifjerry.gifjerry.gif

Edited to add this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is only a bit of banter .lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

Edited by linwood buddie

And lets assume even more that if the YES campaign had not run out of Haribos more of the 100,000 school pupils that registered would have voted for them jerry.gifjerry.gifjerry.gif

Edited to add this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is only a bit of banter .lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

I blame Alex Salmond for that unforgivable lack of foresight.......zorro.gif

Someone suggesting to me what media I should watch and I assume advocating that I don't pay my licence fee.

Someone suggesting to me where I should shop.

Somebody telling me that we should blame a particular group of people. In this case because of their age.

Interesting.

I'm not suggesting what media you should watch. As a Yes voter, I was dissapointed with a few media outlets, and all I stated was that if someone felt the same then don't give them the viewing/reading figures. The same goes if someone feels that some businesses were inappropiately scaremongering, you can take your business elsewhere. If you feel that the media was fine and the businesses acted in a proper manner during the debates, then that's fine.

I'm not blaming any particular group of people. Out of the 100% of people that voted, 55% wanted to remain in the Union. The majority spoke and that decision I accept. However, as someone who favours leaving the Union, it gives me hope that it can be achieved in 10, 20 years time as the statistic show that the younger generation were seen to be voting yes, and the 65+ were seen to be voting no (which I can understand as many would have ties to the Union from years ago - the younger generation don't have that kind of feeling)

Collectively?

As the 45 "twibbon" campaign shows... there is no will for unity... just a misplaced sense of injustice and an unwillingness to accept a democratic decision.

Ditch the 45 and 55...

When I see 100% I will believe "collectively" is possible.

Right now though... 45 is a divisive campaign!

I do agree there are a lot that are bitter about the result. I wouldn't say I am bitter, dissapointed yes, but accept that the democratic voice of Scotland has spoken.

I think the 45% group aim is to continue to pursue the promoting of independence. Which I don't have a problem with, after all there was only a 6% swing required, and people should be allowed to continue to promote what they feel is best for Scotland in the hope this will become an eventualilty in the future.

However, I do agree that having a name such as that does cause division especially as a lot of the aims are the aims of both Yes and No voters. Now the referendum is over, those who want to continue to promote independence for the future can do so, but I agree 100% of us should look to see what we can do individually and collectively for the country to make it better one.

Edited by Tam M

I do agree there are a lot that are bitter about the result. I wouldn't say I am bitter, dissapointed yes, but accept that the democratic voice of Scotland has spoken.

I think the 45% group aim is to continue to pursue the promoting of independence. Which I don't have a problem with, after all there was only a 6% swing required, and people should be allowed to continue to promote what they feel is best for Scotland in the hope this will become an eventualilty in the future.

However, I do agree that having a name such as that does cause division especially as a lot of the aims are the aims of both Yes and No voters. Now the referendum is over, those who want to continue to promote independence for the future can do so, but I agree 100% of us should look to see what we can do individually and collectively for the country to make it better one.

Amen fellow 100% er!

We should be united in our drive for home rule for Scotland Wales and NI and increased devolution in England's regions... and the abolition of the unconstitutional House of Lords.

No reason why those who dream of Independence can't continue to work towards that dream... but using tge aforementioned as a stepping stone!