St Mirren V Qots Scottish Cup Round 4 Replay

Lex

Good day at the office:

Newton was really good going forward.

Middle of defence solid.

Thommo 40 goals in 101 games says it all.

Harkins done well but hasnt got half the workrate of Gowser.

Wee bit of a worry how we stood off them 2nd half.

Grainger v Kelly ? Grainger doesnt distribute, cross or tackle anywhere as good but hey... decent back-up

Vanzy v Naismith . Time is on the young uns side & it showed tonight.Dvz simply cant get up & down the flanks for a whole game.

7 out of 10 tonight.

Sack Danny is missing from the above. The defense were hopeless without the youngsters.

I thought both Grainger and Van Zanten had poor games actually. The defence wasn't really tested due to the deficiencies of the opposition. I would reinstate both Naismith and Kelly for Saturday.

Why do you think we should sack Danny?

I thought both Grainger and Van Zanten had poor games actually. The defence wasn't really tested due to the deficiencies of the opposition. I would reinstate both Naismith and Kelly for Saturday.

We kept a clean sheet better than we done on our last game v QOS

May i point out that both goals conceded came straight through the middle.

Nowt at all to do with full backs. I`m sure anyone who has watched us this season would prefer the two young bucks to start.

The important thing is we rotate the squad and keep as many players as possible fresh.

Did you pay your £15.00?

ETA we did win 3-0 you know

Edited by Kendo

5 central midfielders and 1 lone striker at home to a struggling First Division side.

That's the sort of negative and defensive line up that even our previous ultra defensive and negative manager would never have contemplated!

It got the job done however with an emphatic win and that is what really matters.

Its good however that the line up and the result yet again exposes and makes a mockery of the many hypocrites on this forum. You all you know who you are. whistling.gif

Laughing at you! :lol:

PS, I know many will reply in furious anger (and they will be the hypocrites.. bye1.gif )... but I won't return to this thread so your hypocritical stupidity will fall on deaf ears! clap.gif

I thought Grainger was all right considering it was his first game in ages

5 central midfielders and 1 lone striker at home to a struggling First Division side.

That's the sort of negative and defensive line up that even our previous ultra defensive and negative manager would never have contemplated!

It got the job done however with an emphatic win and that is what really matters.

Its good however that the line up and the result yet again exposes and makes a mockery of the many hypocrites on this forum. You all you know who you are. whistling.gif

Laughing at you! lol.gif:

PS, I know many will reply in furious anger (and they will be the hypocrites.. bye1.gif )... but I won't return to this thread so your hypocritical stupidity will fall on deaf ears! clap.gif

Wind-up pish

name the 5 central defenders?

dont bother

Job done, maybe by 3 flattered us......so. We have played quite a few games recently when we should have scored many goals, but didn't, so tonight we got lucky. Tonight highlighted how good a decision Danny made when he decided to give Kelly and Naismith a run in the team, Grainger was so poor and looked well off the pace.

Don't think three flatter us at all. Could have been a two or three by half time,.

All in all a good performance and a potential banana skin avoided. Thought both Granger and Vanzy were a bit of the pace although both came into it more second half.

Harkins after all I said about yousorry.gif he was superb. True he does not have the work rate of gowser, but he did everything you could have asked of him

Good professional performance tonight with Queens not actually playing as well as i thought they would. Good team performance and ran out comfortable winners in the end. Was happy with changes before the game allowing Grainger, Vanzy and Harkins some game time from the start. Thought Harkins did ok but think Naismith and Kelly have shown by their absence tonight just how influential they have actually become to us both defensively and offensively. The quality of distribution and decision making from Vanzy and Grainger was poor but still think they have something to offer the side over the season. Harkins will be used a lot in the next few games if McGowan's injury is bad and it will be interesting to see how he gets on. I hope he does well and that Gowsers injury will not see him sidelined for 10 weeks as per Chick on the radio tonight.

Thomohawk's strike rate and all round work for the side is phenomenal. That volley that was chopped off was a peach of a strike. Take a bow son!

Will McGinn miss Tannadice after his booking tonight as he was booked in first game?

you wouldnt play him if he had an injury ...triple Doh's and all that

in the words of the great prophet John McEnroe... YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you seriously suggesting that players with slight injuries haven't been offered and given cortisone injections to enable them to get through an important 90 minutes for the sake of the team?

If so... can I suggest you do some homework on the subject... your naivety amuses me!

Ask Alan McGraw of Morton fame how his disability started!!!