Dannys Contract Renewal

• 3 weeks later...

80's Saints legend Gardner Speirs (crazy name, crazy guy) resigns from Queen's Park - that moves Danny Lennon up to No. 5 in the longest serving manager in Scottish league football list!

That also makes 20 out of 42 clubs changing their manager this year so far - one more to make 50%.

PS - I didn't mean the second sentence as a call for Danny to resign/be sacked - just thought I'd better make that clear. jerry.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

St Mirren boss Danny Lennon reveals he will not be offered a new contract as directors continue their attempts to sell the Paisley club. (Various)

Not had a read of any papers for context, but not hugely surprised.

Strange, what happens if we don't have a new owner come the end of the season. We operate without a manager until we sell the club ................ I don't think so.

It sounds a bit more like the club are hedging their bets for the time being. If we were currently on a run similar to Dundee Utd I think we would be offering Danny a contract ASAP.

so danny lennon wins the club a major trophy and boosts the bank balance of the club significantly and is rewarded by being listed as a consumable in the selling inventory.

Shabby behaviour by the club, they could at least have given the security of a one year deal. Surely anyone with enough money to buy the club could also afford to buy out unwanted contracts

the wee man is being hung out to dry

hell mend this board if Danny gets a move to another club and saints are left rudderless until the club is sold

hell mend this board if Danny gets a move to another club and saints are left rudderless until the club is sold

But we wouldn't be rudderless would we ? Someone else would take over in a temporary capacity.

Not a flattering analogy BTW, DL as a plank of wood. Some might say.

The net profit for the entire league cup run was £130k. Much of this was invested in the dome. Decent money, but nowhere near as much as is generally thought.

Essentially this.

As discussed at the AGM, the cup win didn't actually have a positive impact on us financially.

As for the dome, I believe that it was partially covered by sponsors and by dipping into the reserve funds.

The net profit for the entire league cup run was £130k. Much of this was invested in the dome. Decent money, but nowhere near as much as is generally thought.

Where did you get this figure? And as you seem to know the net figure, presumably you can you tell us the gross profit figure. I'm not implying you are wrong but I am genuinely interested.

Irrespective of Cup Wins, Bank Balances and Take-overs, I'm not sure he has earned a new contract with the collective results since January last year. I'm quite happy to let the next couple of months see whether a new contract has been earned.

Where did you get this figure? And as you seem to know the net figure, presumably you can you tell us the gross profit figure. I'm not implying you are wrong but I am genuinely interested.

SG said this at the AGM. No money made until semi final stage, small crowd at Tynecastle semi and £250k rental of Hampden all ate into revenue. Edited by Thorizaar