Dannys Contract Renewal

Given what a (excuse my language) rip roaring c**t of the squad he's made this season, there's surely no way the BoD can continue to back him.

I know the BoD read this forum, and I'm sure that as rational supporters of the football club that BoD realise that this is Danny's final season in charge.

I would just love it if someone started an internet campaign to get you dismissed from whatever occupation you are in, making sure that blatant messages are left where your employer can read them

This is beneath contempt, what is it about football that any hardon feels they have the right to demand sackings. try and show a little dignity

I would just love it if someone started an internet campaign to get you dismissed from whatever occupation you are in, making sure that blatant messages are left where your employer can read them

This is beneath contempt, what is it about football that any hardon feels they have the right to demand sackings.  try and show a little dignity

This is a football forum, any football forum in the country discusses the managers future. If you can't deal with this I suggest you log off.

I would suggest slating your fellow fans for booing a player when you weren't actually there and it never actually happened is more contemptuous.

This is beneath contempt, what is it about football that any hardon feels they have the right to demand sackings. try and show a little dignity

It's the nature of the job Chris , even Danny knows on taking a job in football management that any inadequacies he may have will be aired in public.At least when he goes he'll be able to slip away quietly , unlike in our boyhood when we witnessed a baying crowd at the rear of the main stand at LS demanding the head of Wilson Humphries on a stick !

This is a football forum, any football forum in the country discusses the managers future. If you can't deal with this I suggest you log off.

I would suggest slating your fellow fans for booing a player when you weren't actually there and it never actually happened is more contemptuous.

I think you mean Contemptible, although i am contempuous of you.

The radio reported boos from the St Mirren support at harkins appearance last week and i responded, other people presented a different reason for the boos which were clearly heard. i might be willing to accept those expanations, would you ever accept that your desire to see a decent man without a living is unpleasant in the extreme and is now a full-blown witch hunt on your part?

It's the nature of the job Chris , even Danny knows on taking a job in football management that any inadequacies he may have will be aired in public.At least when he goes he'll be able to slip away quietly , unlike in our boyhood when we witnessed a baying crowd at the rear of the main stand at LS demanding the head of Wilson Humphries on a stick !

I accept that managers put themselves up to be shot at, but sneaky messages to the board is entirely the wrong way to go about things

The laugh is that the board will make their own mind up and won't even take the views of internet posters into acount. Lex sniffs blood and is pursuing Danny as part of a pack, i look forward to his crocodile tears and "sorry to see him go but it was inevitable" ramblings whenever the wee man moves on.

i hope DLs next job is as lex's boss-that will get it up him

I'm sure everybody on here wants the very best for our club, but few can agree on what that is. I have supported DL so far though I admit to wobbling at both Kilmarnock games and the draw with hearts though I do think we were a bit unlucky. The problem I have with those who would boot Danny out is who would come in instead. Kilmarnock have replaced their manager every time the waste paper bin in their office is full and last time apparently secured the best young manager in Scotland but they're no better off than us. how would our fans react to having Paul Hartley as boss, would we get excited at the arrival of Jimmy Calderwood?

The time to get rid of DL is when we have a better manager lined up and at the moment I cant think of a manager that is better than what we have who would realistically come to us.

I'm sure everybody on here wants the very best for our club, but few can agree on what that is. I have supported DL so far though I admit to wobbling at both Kilmarnock games and the draw with hearts though I do think we were a bit unlucky. The problem I have with those who would boot Danny out is who would come in instead. Kilmarnock have replaced their manager every time the waste paper bin in their office is full and last time apparently secured the best young manager in Scotland but they're no better off than us. how would our fans react to having Paul Hartley as boss, would we get excited at the arrival of Jimmy Calderwood?

The time to get rid of DL is when we have a better manager lined up and at the moment I cant think of a manager that is better than what we have who would realistically come to us.

exactly-and how many of those would go out of their way so many times to promote the club, meet supporters and help the community in the way that DL does

I accept that managers put themselves up to be shot at, but sneaky messages to the board is entirely the wrong way to go about things

The laugh is that the board will make their own mind up and won't even take the views of internet posters into acount. Lex sniffs blood and is pursuing Danny as part of a pack, i look forward to his crocodile tears and "sorry to see him go but it was inevitable" ramblings whenever the wee man moves on.

I don't think anyone expects the BOD to do anything other than make up their own minds , but this is a forum for supporters to air their views . I'd be surprised if the BODs views differed much from the guys who want Danny out anyway , it was a close thing in September !

And who would the two holding midfielders be?

McGowan can be effective in the midfield role with Goodie holding but, to play your formation, either we lose the influence of McGinn as an attacking force or we are left with Goodie and DVZ behind the three. Neither of which would be my preference.

The fact of the matter is that Paul isn't putting the ball in the pokey so we need someone alongside Thommo to do this. Adam Campbell may or may not be the answer but something needed to address our drought. Thompson aside.

I suggested a 4231 against Celtic, and feel it is a formation that could serve us well.

It would still allow Goodwin to scare the opposition without asking him to cover as much ground;

it would allow our full backs the freedom to go forward at will with the cover of a defensive midfielder close at hand for each one;

and more importantly, it would free up three midfielders to interchange, attach at will, and play very close to Thommo, thus offering him much more support.

Who would the two holding midfielders be?

Initially, Goodwin and possibly either Vanzy or Newton... with the option of trying McGregor there if we get that hairy arsed defender we all know we need!

I suggested a 4231 against Celtic, and feel it is a formation that could serve us well.

It would still allow Goodwin to scare the opposition without asking him to cover as much ground;

it would allow our full backs the freedom to go forward at will with the cover of a defensive midfielder close at hand for each one;

and more importantly, it would free up three midfielders to interchange, attach at will, and play very close to Thommo, thus offering him much more support.

Initially, Goodwin and possibly either Vanzy or Newton... with the option of trying McGregor there if we get that hairy arsed defender we all know we need!

4231 is the formation we should be signing players to play in. No teams plays 442 anymore. And if you do u get torn apart by teams playing in between the lines.

Unfortunatly the players we have dont suit it. If you put goodwin and newton in the middle, it leaves McGinn, McLean, Teale, Campbell and McGowan playing for 3 places. And McGinn and McLean arent natural left sided wingers...

4231 is the formation we should be signing players to play in. No teams plays 442 anymore. And if you do u get torn apart by teams playing in between the lines.

Unfortunatly the players we have dont suit it. If you put goodwin and newton in the middle, it leaves McGinn, McLean, Teale, Campbell and McGowan playing for 3 places. And McGinn and McLean arent natural left sided wingers...

The team we have doesn't really require wingers, we could play a narrow three of McGowan, McLean, McGinn, behind Thompson. Our full backs should push forward anyway, meaning that we still supply crosses.

The main problem is we need a holding midfielder that has enough tactical discipline to drop in with the centre halfs or drop wide whenever someone does push forward, so we don't get destroyed on the counter attack.

I am anticipating the loss of Connor and we've seen the disaster that is Goodie and DVZ trying to occupy the same space. I do get your idea and, if we had the personnel, it could work. McGregor would be a good choice but we would need that "hairy arsed" defender, as you succinctly put it, before we could deploy darren alongside Jim. Even then the jury would be out until we see if the players find all that freedom overwhelming. Footballers aren't always the sharpest tacks in the box and total football is beyond some.

I know where you're coming from... but the thought of Campbell, McGowan and McGinn being given a licence to thrill in support of Thommo actually excites me... 4231 is so versatile as you can use the three to pull defences wide... which McGinn certainly can do... opening up space for the others... but you can also use them to distract defenders and allow the full backs to hit the line and cross for Thommo.

I am anticipating the loss of Connor and we've seen the disaster that is Goodie and DVZ trying to occupy the same space. I do get your idea and, if we had the personnel, it could work. McGregor would be a good choice but we would need that "hairy arsed" defender, as you succinctly put it, before we could deploy darren alongside Jim. Even then the jury would be out until we see if the players find all that freedom overwhelming. Footballers aren't always the sharpest tacks in the box and total football is beyond some.

don't get me wrong... it would need a lot of work in the training ground... but even with our current personnel I reckon it would have been safer to play against Celtic than the suicidal 442... which when they had players dropping deep meant our already fragile midfield was completely over-run. When you saw the tackling of McGinn highlighted on Sportscene, he too could play there... albeit I'd be reluctant to lose his attacking prowess... but if it was a short term measure, he has the ability... remember we played with him and Newton in that role in the cup run and it didn't work out too badly!

I think the club has been sold and there will be no signings in January to allow the new owners to dish out contracts for those players they want to keep at the end of the season. Half the team are up for contract renewals.

I think that there will be managers banging on our doors to manage our great club for next season if we are on the look out for someone. Every year loads of experienced players in the english premiership achieve coaching badges and will look to get their cv in management going.

The laugh is that the board will make their own mind up and won't even take the views of internet posters into acount.

The laugh is that the board WILL take into account the views of the hospitality crew at home games who will giving it to them in the neck about results and performances.

Its a shame that the usual suspects, yourself included, use threads like this to hand out personal abuse to fellow buds who happen to have a different opinion to yours.

Everyone want the team to win. I have been critical of Danny and yes it is hard sometimes when you see that tactically he often makes mistakes. We also don't win much which is not helping him. Should he turn it round again and fire us to safety in the next month then maybe the board will stick with him but if not Billy McKinley is worth a job. He is highly regarded in England and is the Northern Ireland assistant. He was on sky last week saying he would consider a managers position in Scotland. Edited by norrie82

I think you mean Contemptible, although i am contempuous of you.

The radio reported boos from the St Mirren support at harkins appearance last week and i responded, other people presented a different reason for the boos which were clearly heard. i might be willing to accept those expanations, would you ever accept that your desire to see a decent man without a living is unpleasant in the extreme and is now a full-blown witch hunt on your part?

Might be willing to accept? You still think the 1000+ fans who were in the stand might be wrong and you're right?

In your rush to establish yourself as some kind of moral authority you decided to criticise your fellow fans who - unlike yourself - had made the effort to go the game, without anything more than an erroneous radio report to go on:

and harkins is booed by the away fans, what a f**kin shower

not good, a sore one but i feel no sympathy for those who travelled down-booing your own players as they come on to the pitch is poor form and anyone who indulged themselves in that simply doesnt deserve a good day out

Quite a fool of yourself you made there. Are you willing to accept your mistake and apologise to the fans you labelled a ' f**king shower' ? You should have done it in the match thread, but you went awful quiet in there when your mistake was pointed out to you.

Sneaky messages to the board on a public forum? Hardly very sneaky is it? If i wanted to send them a 'sneaky' message i certainly wouldn't do it on here. Would you?

I've spoke to Danny on several occasions and he's a very nice man who's trying his very best. However, he's done nowhere near enough to win a new contract in my opinion. Indeed, his contract was very nearly terminated after the home disgrace to Partick Thistle. I certainly won't be sorry to see him go when he leaves, i don't believe he's the right man to take the club forward.

You seem to be struggling with this debate. If reading discussions on the managers contract makes you feel uncomfortable, i suggest you don't open a thread titled ' Dannys contract renewal '. What do you think we should do? Give Danny a new 5 year deal just because he is a nice guy? Sadly, not all of us live in a fantasy land like you, this is the real world. Contracts aren't renewed every single day in every single walk of life without tears being spilled.

As for your final point, if DL wants to become my next boss i'd be absolutely delighted. I'd be more than willing to discuss him buying out my company if he's interested.

Are people still suggesting that Harkins was booed by the Saints support when he came on against Killie?

FFS, it was bad enough that some bitter pundit naeb'dy on the radio suggested it was the case, but for fellow Saints fans to jump on this divisive piece of misreporting is very poor.

Are people still suggesting that Harkins was booed by the Saints support when he came on against Killie?

FFS, it was bad enough that some bitter pundit naeb'dy on the radio suggested it was the case, but for fellow Saints fans to jump on this divisive piece of misreporting is very poor.

Nobody's still suggesting anything, Lex brought it back up, end of story.

In your rush to establish yourself a.......

...... Sadly, not all of us live in a fantasy land like you, this is the real world. Contracts aren't renewed every single day in every single walk of life without tears being spilled.

Lex! :o

THIS isnae the real world, at all!

This is a wee diddy online football forum on the interweb.

We posters do all actually inhabit this wee diddy fantasy world. In fact - due to multiple aliases - more of us live here than really live off the interweb.

There have been no real tears on here, only fantasy ones... though there appeared to be a wee tragic meltdown yesterday. :(