Sign in to follow this  
TC7

Tragic News, R.i.p. Good Buddie

I didn't know Simon but I'm sure I recognise him from the photo on the BBC website. I think I've seen him at matches from time to time.

Terrible to learn of an incident like this, my condolences are with Simon's family and friends.

Herbie - that was a very heartfelt and moving post. Thoughts are with you Bud.

What a shocker.

I've known Simon for more years than I care to remember.He would never pass in the street without stopping for a wee chat or if in the pub he would always come over and offer you a drink.I used to get on to him for that but it's just the way he was.Another good guy taken early.:(

PS.It was Simons mums house that got windows bricked by M+rt+n fans after a game at Love St.Some of you may recognise him from the PDE after that incident.

Cannot believe this. Simon was in year below me at school. I've known him since forever. I think we first met at East Lane nursery.

After Saturdays match I bumped into Simon and Rod and as usual they asked me out for a drink or three, but I declined as I was due back on the Chivas bus.

At least the last memory I have of Simon is a warm embrace following a Saints victory. He had a huge smile in his face.

He will be missed. For many years during the late 70s and early 80s we would all stand together on the NB.

RIP Simon. Wish I'd gone for that drink and maybe just maybe we would have all got home safely.

I don't know Simon but do recognise his face. My partner though, has been cutting his hair for years and came in shellshocked and gutted. Told me she'd cut his hair on the Saturday morning before he went to the game, and how gentle and kind a fellow he was, caring for his mum almost full time between his work.

RIP, Buddie. Awful tragedy. Awful circumstances.

Edited by djchapsticks

Didn't know Simon personally but I do recognise his face.

Absolute tragedy. Thoughts with his family and friends, christ knows what they are going through.

Hopefully justice will prevail but know it will be scant consolation for those who are grieving today.

I too only knew Simon to look at, a familiar face around town. But when a close long time friend of my mother got in touch at the weekend with the news her wee St Mirren supporting couin had been murdered in Glasgow, then the news reports, I figured it must have been the same person. Very shocking news and my sincerest condolences to all of those affected by this senseless act.