St Mirren V Inverness Caledonian Thistle Top League 7/12/13

shull

If I hear 'must win' one more time... Every game since Aberdeen has been a must win for some of you guys!

I understand how the last few games have been must wins due to going up against weaker opposition, but we're about to go up against one of the golden teams of this league. They are a long way from home however and we're feeling more confident. I'd take a draw any day, just to keep the ball rolling. But If we lose by a goal, then I wouldn't feel too worried. If we accept a total thrashing on our home turf on the other hand...

If I hear 'must win' one more time... Every game since Aberdeen has been a must win for some of you guys! 

I understand how the last few games have been must wins due to going up against weaker opposition, but we're about to go up against one of the golden teams of this league. They are a long way from home however and we're feeling more confident. I'd take a draw any day, just to keep the ball rolling. But If we lose by a goal, then I wouldn't feel too worried. If we accept a total thrashing on our home turf on the other hand... 

let's be honest if we are going to stand any chance of winning this league then this game is a must win, we have lost far too much ground already, to lose this game and surmount a reasonable challenge.

It's not a 'must win' if you are resigned to the fact that we won't win this league and are happy that we just stay ahead of Hearts.

let's be honest if we are going to stand any chance of winning this league then this game is a must win, we have lost far too much ground already, to lose this game and surmount a reasonable challenge.

It's not a 'must win' if you are resigned to the fact that we won't win this league and are happy that we just stay ahead of Hearts.

The league started on the 3rd.of August and by the end of September we had amassed 2 points and been knocked out of the League Cup. Taking that into account our current position is amazing. We might catch Hibs depending on the Butcher factor, but even catching up with St.Johnstone will be tough. Top six is attainable if we play at our best and get a couple of breaks. We won't win the league.

The Scottish Cup is so vital that we have to make up for Saturday's disappointment. We need a run in it and I just hope today's draw spurs our guys on. The number of times since Saturday I've heard that QoS were up for it begs the question, why weren't we?

Guest somner9

had the dug crap on a grid marked out to predict the score and the shite says...?

3-1 saints...

crowd 4011

ICT fans 49

Aeroplanes & Seagulls 51

Edited by somner9

The reason i say "must win" is because if we want to stamp any authority in this league and come away with any credability,then we need to start beating teams who are above us in the league and who we regard as being "better" than us. So far this whole season we have only won 1 game, i repeat 1 game that you would not think off the top of your head 3 points are gettable here. And if memory serves me we almost through that away 3 times. 2 mins less in the 90 and we would not have won that also. We have to start going into games with your Invernesses, Uniteds, wells, fakes and sheep and getting wins on a more regular basis than we do. Im not saying every game but u get the jist. Just beating hearts, county, whistle and fakes is not good enough in my eyes and should not be in yours either.

The reason i say "must win" is because if we want to stamp any authority in this league and come away with any credability,then we need to start beating teams who are above us in the league and who we regard as being "better" than us. So far this whole season we have only won 1 game, i repeat 1 game that you would not think off the top of your head 3 points are gettable here. And if memory serves me we almost through that away 3 times. 2 mins less in the 90 and we would not have won that also. We have to start going into games with your Invernesses, Uniteds, wells, fakes and sheep and getting wins on a more regular basis than we do. Im not saying every game but u get the jist. Just beating hearts, county, whistle and fakes is not good enough in my eyes and should not be in yours either.

If our guys play as they can there's no reason why we can't win on Saturday. We just seem to have games where all eleven on the park just don't perform. So are we up for it?

Guest somner9

"Stamping... authority in this league"!

Whatever happened to the good old days when we were happy simply shuffling down to Love Street for 90 minutes of entertainment?

whistling.gif:

Not in seasons between 2003 - 2010 though surely..? lol.gif

If rumours are to be believed (BBC backing them up) then we might be facing a Yogi Hughes "inspired" ICT on Saturday. Bizarre appointment by them if true but one we should be keeping our fingers firmly crossed for imo as he is a total tactical diddy. Bound to drag ICT down if true.