St Mirren V Inverness Caledonian Thistle Top League 7/12/13

shull

Not "this", you. bye1.gif

Well i hope you are now ready for the backlash that will inevitably ensue if we now fail to win the cup replay. If by next wed we only have wins against the Fakes, Tarts, Whistles and staggies this season and are out of both cup competitions then the bandwaggon will begin to roll again.

Well i hope you are now ready for the backlash that will inevitably ensue if we now fail to win the cup replay. If by next wed we only have wins against the Fakes, Tarts, Whistles and staggies this season and are out of both cup competitions then the bandwaggon will begin to roll again.

What, exactly, should we have expected to win?

These posts make me laugh/weep, depending what mood I'm in.

Aalways looking at the negative and failing to see the bleeding obvious, we're a diddy team who were heading for 2nd bottom, at best, a while ago who are now on a run of 1 loss in the last 9 games.

Now, away and take another anti depressant, your obviously needing an increase. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

1-1....Thommo.....3322.

Not bad on the predictions...

We should have had the game won at half time.Some lovely stuff played and only bad luck and good goalkeeping kept ICT in it.2nd half they came back into it and a draw probably a fair result.

MOTM.....Me for my wonder save in the Main Stand early in the 2nd half.:)

What, exactly, should we have expected to win?

These posts make me laugh/weep, depending what mood I'm in.

Aalways looking at the negative and failing to see the bleeding obvious, we're a diddy team who were heading for 2nd bottom, at best, a while ago who are now on a run of 1 loss in the last 9 games.

Now, away and take another anti depressant, your obviously needing an increase. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

Yeah, And the pig n whistle were 1 min from being level on points with us and they have just been on a run of 1 win in 9. Now get ure gums around that. Statto.

What! No more stats?????

Let me try, and I'm aware you'll probably have a breakdown, but here we go................

Your stats on Thistle show that they were on a magnificent run and the bubble has well and truly burst, something I said quite a while ago.

We, on the other hand, are on a more than decent run, in fact, quite amazing considering the shite we were playing before our last 9 games.

We, that's St Mirren, are a team on the up.

If you can't enjoy this I suggest you and elvis go for a pint and have a great night out.

Now, toddle on, I'm bored with you. bye1.gif

Like others have said we played well first half, and could easily have been in front by 2 or 3. We just need to find that clinical touch when creating chances. I hate to go on about the officials but, Mr Murray was very poor today, amongst his worst decisions I can recall was the one to book Gowser, completely baffled by that one and the amount of cynical and quite dirty fouls that Foran and one or two other players got away with, really annoyed me.

We actually did really well to match an overly physical ICT side.

Like others have said we played well first half, and could easily have been in front by 2 or 3. We just need to find that clinical touch when creating chances. I hate to go on about the officials but, Mr Murray was very poor today, amongst his worst decisions I can recall was the one to book Gowser, completely baffled by that one and the amount of cynical and quite dirty fouls that Foran and one or two other players got away with, really annoyed me.

We actually did really well to match an overly physical ICT side.

Indeed , Temerenco (or whatever the dirty bastard is called) should have seen a red , for his cynical foul on young Naismith. It also seemed that the Hammer Throwers had come Paisley to show off their wrestling skills , which unfortunately for them have no place on the beautiful turf that is Saint Mirren Park.

They got away with some shocking handling of the ball , in particular , one right in front of the Westbank , the Westbank linesman and the ref. .

I have been quite critical of performances recently but thought we did quite well today especially first half. Plus points were the passing, the chances created and the defensive performance kello safe again and thought mcgregor and cheesey had good games. Negatives thommo still too isolated up front and we need someone with pace up there to give us an out ball also I think we still have too many too soft McLean is technically one of our best but he is afraid to go into a challenge

Fair result.

We played some great stuff in the first half and one fantastic move from back to front nearly ended in what would have been a contender for goal of the season.

We were a bit shot-shy at times, but also unlucky with a few stramashes in their penalty area when it seemed improbable that the ball wouldn't end up in the net.

As others have said, Cheesey and McGregor were very good, as were the young full backs. Thommo was spot on in his post match interview when he referred to the tightening up of defence being key to our turn-around.

West stand linesman was literally a wage thief. We bossed a team flying high in the league for long sections of the game, and made them seem pedestrian. Got to be happy enough with a point.

... we're a diddy team who were heading for 2nd bottom, at best, a while ago who are now on a run of 1 loss in the last 9 games.

Spot on. There was a lot made of our "current frorm" after the first half dozen games when we were, to be honest, shocking. Now that our recent form has been good, I see too many people still wanting to have a go at Danny.

This morning, based on the last 6 matches, we were joint second in that table with Dundee Utd, only 1 point behind C*lt*c. Now, after today's draw, we are still lying 4th. Our last two league games have been against teams playing their first competitive games under new managers and we have been the better team on both occasions.

I reckon if the current improvement continues and we get even more confident, the coveted top 6 finish could still be on for this year. Probably won't be enough for some people to leave off slagging Danny though.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=scotland

Let me try, and I'm aware you'll probably have a breakdown, but here we go................

Your stats on Thistle show that they were on a magnificent run and the bubble has well and truly burst, something I said quite a while ago.

We, on the other hand, are on a more than decent run, in fact, quite amazing considering the shite we were playing before our last 9 games.

We, that's St Mirren, are a team on the up.

If you can't enjoy this I suggest you and elvis go for a pint and have a great night out.

Now, toddle on, I'm bored with you. bye1.gif

But what you dont get is if there bubble has burst and we are on a great run of results as you say, then heaven help us when we go on another blip.

I agree with you that we are now showing some form but it is not good enough, unless we beat teams like inverness at home our up will b no more than 1 place by the end of the season.

...... unless we beat teams like inverness at home our up will b no more than 1 place by the end of the season.

Teams like Inverness? Inverness who are second in the league and only 7 points behind C*lt*c after 14 games? Outperforming the second placed team in our league is a vast improvement on where were were before this great run.

Spot on. There was a lot made of our "current frorm" after the first half dozen games when we were, to be honest, shocking. Now that our recent form has been good, I see too many people still wanting to have a go at Danny.

This morning, based on the last 6 matches, we were joint second in that table with Dundee Utd, only 1 point behind C*lt*c. Now, after today's draw, we are still lying 4th. Our last two league games have been against teams playing their first competitive games under new managers and we have been the better team on both occasions.

I reckon if the current improvement continues and we get even more confident, the coveted top 6 finish could still be on for this year. Probably won't be enough for some people to leave off slagging Danny though.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=scotland

Yeah. When we were at home to the 1st one they only had days to prepare and could not beat them at HOME. After a further week to prepare, Partick almost got a great win AWAY. Who knows, after a few defeats for the 2nd team in the coming weeks our draw at home will once again look a bad result. I will bet my last doller that they will not finish the league in 2nd place.

As a fan of the St Mirren football club...I'm not having drawing with a new highland league team at home being defined as a good point, regardless of circumstance.

Decent point, maybe, just. Good point? No.

Arrogant? Probably. Justified? Yes.

Thought first half we were as good as I've seen this year. Second half a bit more even but we still had the best chances and at the end they were hanging on not us. McGowan was great until his booking. Must have run himself into the ground, Thats what you call defending from the front. ICT got away with a lot and if the Ref had any bottle they would have been down to ten men. If that's second in this league we're clear for top six easy.

Thought harkins was ok when he came on.

Top performer first half was Mclean Second half Naismith

McAusland was fantastic today as was McGregor, we could of been 3 up at half time, will take the point though as I thought we died out of it 2nd half. Loved McAusland's crunching tackle in the 1st half, it had me on my feet, that's what you call a tackle!!

As a fan of the St Mirren football club...I'm not having drawing with a new highland league team at home being defined as a good point, regardless of circumstance.

Decent point, maybe, just. Good point? No.

Arrogant? Definitely. Justified? You're having a laugh.

Just sorted it for you.

No need to thank me.

PS You missed out "Any straw to grasp to undermine the manager".

Edited by faraway saint

Yeah. When we were at home to the 1st one they only had days to prepare and could not beat them at HOME. After a further week to prepare, Partick almost got a great win AWAY. Who knows, after a few defeats for the 2nd team in the coming weeks our draw at home will once again look a bad result. I will bet my last doller that they will not finish the league in 2nd place.

I happen to agree a point against Hibs wasn't great, although the "impact" of a new manager can lift teams.

Therefore our change in form is even more astonishing as we have had no new manager, thanks fcuk, and no new players, the 2 most probable ingredients for teams to have the change of fortune we have had.

You're point about ICT not finishing 2nd is irrelevant, blink.png they are now.

Edited by faraway saint