Telly Programmes

shull

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Caught "Sully" last night, movie about the plane that landed in the Hudson river.

Tom Hanks, not sure he's made a bad movie, and a rea interesting look at what happend and the "blame culture" in the aftermath.

An easy 90 minutes. 

Yeah, good movie but I would suggest that Tom, who I personally think is a great actor, has had the very rare clunker as well, I give you Joe versus the volcano!

2 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Yeah, good movie but I would suggest that Tom, who I personally think is a great actor, has had the very rare clunker as well, I give you Joe versus the volcano!

Don’t think I’ve seen “Joe”. but got me thinking what my favourite TH movie is,  there’s the obvious ones like Green mile, Forrest Gump , Castaway etc but I really liked Bridge of Spies & Charlie Wilson’s war .

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Yeah. I think the current threesome make it a good show. It’s more entertainment than deep car knowledge. Clarkson, May and Hammond became really stale.

Absolute shite programme.

Watched The Roman Spring of Mrs Stone on Amazon. Cannot believe that Helen Mirren is the same age as I am and still able to show off her acting skills in the scud. Her usual polished performance but upstaged by Anne Bankroft as The Contessa. A remake and update on a 1960’s film starring Vivien Leigh

Edited by Rascal

10 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Yeah. I think the current threesome make it a good show. It’s more entertainment than deep car knowledge. Clarkson, May and Hammond became really stale.

Aye, the new crew have been brave enough to change the format, as you say, more entertaining without talking about horses and power all the time.

The item on trucks last night was quite interesting and amusing. 

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, the new crew have been brave enough to change the format, as you say, more entertaining without talking about horses and power all the time.

The item on trucks last night was quite interesting and amusing. 

Sadly the TV police have told me it’s shite, so I’m not going to watch it ever again. 

40 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Sadly the TV police have told me it’s shite, so I’m not going to watch it ever again. 

Ignore him, he's the forum dullard, wouldn't recognise amusing entertainment if it booted him in the baws. 😉

Edited by faraway saint

I was fortunate to get tickets some years ago to attend filming of Top Gear, was great to see behind the scenes and the banter between the TG Guys and with the audience was great . 👍

like others I felt they had gone off the boil and lost their spark so was time for a shake up , The Evans , le blanc era was absolutely shit and I had my doubts about the new lot at first but they’ve gelled well and probably the right mix for TG in the 2020s .
Glad they kept Chris Harris in the mix, Great driver and very knowledgable .

On 6/20/2022 at 11:50 AM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Glad they kept Chris Harris in the mix, Great driver and very knowledgable .

Think I heard he's, Harris, on The One Show tomorrow night.

Aye, not a bad driver, as seen by his podium place on Sunday night's truck race.

The TV in the summer months is poor, mainly because there's no football to break up the normal average offerings.

Last night watched The Savoy, pretty normal "fly on the wall" stuff but one thing they practice deserved credit.

Every employee, on completion of a three month probationary period, is treated to an overnight stay with all the pomp that goes with it.

Last night focussed on a wee cleaning lady, a bubbly soul, and her obvious joy at the reward, something she was unlikely to ever afford.

7 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Watched first episode of Season three of umbrella academy on Netflix, brilliant stuff 👍🏻

I watched the first series, or most of it, can't remember when this would have been, quite liked it, my kind of thing.

I'd need to rewatch most of it, before even trying to get into series 2 and 3. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

Suspect was quite shakespearean, lots of words saying not a great deal, typical C4, took twice as long to tell the story than it needed to. Not their finest despite what looked like a decent cast apart from Nesbitt who I really don't rate at all.

TRNSMT, on BBC Scotland.

Usual mix of excellent and not so excellent performers and performances.

Sam Fender, outstanding for me.

Nutini, great singer but a wee bit too self indulgent with too many songs from an album just released over a week ago.

As @Eric Arthur Blair recently mentioned about Neil Young (I think) playing too many "new songs" can lose the crowd. 

Stand out was "These Streets",  just him and an acoustic guitar, excellent vocals and feeling, top class. 

I was surprised it's been 8 years since his last album, I'd have guessed about 5, time flys. 

Looking forward to Sunday when Mr Lewis Capaldi makes a return, hard act to follow after the success of his first album.