Things That You Find Weird, In Paisley.

dave.j

did there not used to be a speed camera on Canal Street on the stretch with the fire station???

There is still a camera at the Fire Station but it's a red light camera and it monitors the pedestrian crossing at the bottom of Castlehead.

There is still a camera at the Fire Station but it's a red light camera and it monitors the pedestrian crossing at the bottom of Castlehead.

The number of Buddies Taxi drivers who confuse Camphill with Castlehead... whistling.gif:

Edited by bluto

Weird things in Paisley? Without mentioning the SPFL football club based there? Impossible.

The roads in Cumbernauld are top drawer by the way. Tons of 50mph dual carriageway, no traffic lights to speak of, pedestrians and traffic kept completely apart, new M80 upgrade completed.

Job's a good un'.

Cue inevitable Cumbernauld jibes... watter' aff' a duck's back!

Whats it called??

Donald.

Things I find weird -

I moved to Glenburn nearly 8 years ago - its HUGE but there is no chinese takeaway???

Why are there so many hairdressers in paisley???

Why are the council unveiling plans for a new retail centre in the corner bit of Arnotts when the high street is SHITE!!!

All I can think of for the moment.

For the record there are two post boxes near my house, and also 2 nearby my wee granny's :-)

Why does Sports Direct only sell 2 different types of football shorts. 70 different types of slazenger polo shirt, 83 different pairs of adidas joggies... But only two pairs of football shorts, and one of them is goalie shorts.

You deserve all you get if you refer to them as "goalie shorts!"

Guest TPAFKATS

Three speed cameras around and about glenburn and plenty of post boxes in Paisley if you open your eyes. Quality ranting though, are you having a bad week davej?

Guest TPAFKATS

I think it's weird that people from RALSTON like to pronounce it ROLSTON...

Ah, but is ralston in Paisley?

These people you speak of, tend class themselves as neither Paisley nor Glasgow. A kind of independent republic of ralston...

Weird things in Paisley?

Try taking my 11 year old son into any local pub. It's like a scene from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

They mutter something about licensing laws and you need to order food, doesn't happen elsewhere.

It's hardly fair on the pub if he sits there with his pint and doesn't at least order a packet of crisps!

It's only manners! flowers.gif

I hear ya Dave.

Also.......

Why is there no filter arrow on the lights in the middle of the junction at Gordon St / Causeyside St, to help avoid breaking your neck to see the existing one?

Why, when they closed the Lagoon pool for months of refurbishment, did it reopen looking exactly the same, including the mould on the pool walls?

On a similar note, why has Paisley not got a "proper" swimming pool?

And finally, the weirdest one. Back at the roll shop at the bottom of Greenhill Rd, why, when you order a roll and sausage do they always give you the wee "tail" bit of a rasher of bacon on it?

I reckon it's all Jim Goodwin's fault.......

Why is there no filter arrow on the lights in the middle of the junction at Gordon St / Causeyside St, to help avoid breaking your neck to see the existing one?

If you're talking about the left turn from Gordon St into Causeyside then the solution is dead simple.Stop your car a wee bit further back from the traffic light.