Partick Thistle V St Mirren (Rip Simon Richardson)

Lex

Were you at the game?

Naw, but it was on the telly, ya dafty.

Jesus, it's obvious you have the attention span of a 4 year old but don't advertise it. 1eye.gif

Night night. bye1.gif

PS For the stupid among us I DON'T comment on games I don't attend, only the other forum members who can't help making a cnut of themselves.

I also take on board posts from people who are at games, saves me the trouble of attending.

I do hope this is helpful. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Overall, take a point especially the way the ball was flying about our goal a few times in the second half.

First reaction after , what was it , 2 minutes , wee john should have scored . Are these opportunities sometimes overlooked because they happen so early in the match.? Imagine that happened in the last 2 minutes ?

In the first 10 minutes , higginbotham managed one elbow, one dive and a couple of other 'lash outs' - knob.

Goodwin - penalised for just being there and the most fouled player on the park- one tackle in second half ON him would have been red carded if it had been BY him.

Definitely thought McGinnis improved things by that stage and asked more questions of the thistle defence.

Most impressive moment of the night was the 68th minute. Didn't know Simon. But what an awful thing to happen at the end of a day after watching your football team. I don't know Dave J , but given what I've seen on this topic, well done my son. Some things can restore your faith in the human race

Just in after being to game and have not read any of the above.

Have to say my man of the match tonight was Goodwin. Thought he was superb. Won ever high ball, nice clean tackles and got up straight away after the hacking job on him in the second half.

Strange decision to sub McGowan rather than Newton who in my opinion was having a poor game.

The best I've seen MacGennis play. Look more lively and better control on the ball.

But for the miss opportunity early doors by McGinn. Who knows.

Happy enough with a 1-1 draw given we had 3 off-form midfielders in Newton, McGowan and, unusually, McGinn tonight. I thought McLean and Goodwin were immense, Kelly and Naismith were decent going forward. Thought we had a decent first 10 minutes ad last 5 minutes of the first half and maybe shaded the second half. Higginbotham was hard to deal with upfront. In a tight match where we wanted to make sure we took something from the game I can understand why DL persisted with a misfiring midfield despite having Teale, Wylde and Campbell on the bench, as Newton, McGowan and McGinn do put a shift in and are better at tracking back and helping our full backs out defensively.

We've equalled one of the team's below us this weekend and some of the other teams below us will take points off each other so a draw may turnout to be a decent enough result.

This is a massive game.

A win and were close to safety, other results depending.

Lose it and we're back in the mix.

One good thing, Hearts play Hibs, hard to see Hibs getting anything from that as they are on the crest of a slump right now.

They (Partick) are scoring gals in almost ever game so I'm going for 1-1 or 1-2, preferably the latter.

Aye, funny that after all the crazy predictions which are balanced with a touch of reality. whistling.gif

Like most of the season really. thumbup2.gif

Can't help but feel frustrated about that tonight. In the first half we were utter pish. Thistle were extremely nervous yet we failed to expose them and lacked width and pace.

The penalty bought us a position in a game we were struggling with, the second half was much improved.

Thommo got no service tonight as we were too narrow, albeit I can see that DL wanted a game plan and ok his call, but if he's honest he'll know as we do that we were lacking tonight.

That all said, we were not to be denied and an away draw is always of value, just a shame imo that Thistle were there to be taken tonight but we offered them far too much respect.

That said, it was a cnunt of a night and respect to our efforts but by fuc we need to learn to pass a ball a whole lot better.

Happy with a point at a tough venue and up against a pretty decent Thistle outfit. I hope both sides stay up, which in all honesty I think will happen. Really enjoy the pre and post match bevvies in Munros on Great Western Road with my Thistle supporting acquaintances, would rather have that than having to suffer the likes of Derek Adams next season.

Can't help but feel frustrated about that tonight. In the first half we were utter pish. Thistle were extremely nervous yet we failed to expose them and lacked width and pace.

The penalty bought us a position in a game we were struggling with, the second half was much improved.

Thommo got no service tonight as we were too narrow, albeit I can see that DL wanted a game plan and ok his call, but if he's honest he'll know as we do that we were lacking tonight.

That all said, we were not to be denied and an away draw is always of value, just a shame imo that Thistle were there to be taken tonight but we offered them far too much respect.

That said, it was a cnunt of a night and respect to our efforts but by fuc we need to learn to pass a ball a whole lot better.

Usual post, says it all and nothing at all, well done. lol.gif

Mibbies aye, and mibbies naw. 1eye.gif

A poor performance and I fear we are not out the woods yet. Fingers crossed.

The Simon Richardson tribute came across very well on the tv.

I am not family but I was a very close friend of Simon and I have been in touch with Simon's family this evening. They are extremely grateful for the support shown by Saints and Jags fans tonight. The support shown over the last 6 months by Saints fans, St Mirren FC and The B&W Mag has been fantastic. Simon's family are extremely proud and rightly so.

Proud to be a Buddie. Thank you all.

I didn't know Simon at all well but came across him a few times in The Court Bar alongside his cousin Renny Whiteoak who was a school friend of mine from Arkleston Primary/Renfrew High School days and was a thoroughly decent bloke. I sat alongside Greig Martin (aka Howard Hughes on here) at the game who was a good friend of Simon's and was proud to have taken part in the applause in Simon's memory.

I'm glad for the likes of yourself and Simon's nearest and dearest that two great sets of supporters remembered him.

I watched the game on TV, Thistle fans would probably think we were there for the taking. A draw isn't by any means a bad result IMO.

Newton either showrs fast as f**k or is a sweaty bastard. Walking down Maryhill Rd at 9.40pm and he came walking by me with two pals.

Genuine question, how the f**k do you shower that fast and get dressed as well as you, talk the game over with team mates etc?

Gingees don't sweat, they glow.

First half was chronic....last 5 mins of first half all we needed ( by all accounts)

the hype ruined it...McGinn was rubbish....McGowan was rubbish...<<<<<flair players

McLean was great

BUT.......GOODWIN was IMMENCE,AMAZING and OUTSTANDING

Goodwin just does NOT get enough praise and especially from our own support

happy with a point....wish it was 3

good to be a buddies (always)

Just watched the first half.

Not a great performance, and Higginbottom's poor tackle gave us a boost at a time when we looked in a bit of trouble.

Stonewall penalty and superbly taken too by McLean.

Both Naismith and McAusland culpable for their goal.

Half arsed attempt to stop the cross by Naismith and f**k knows what McAusland was doing.dry.png

On the plus side, Goodwin was great and McLean ably supported him.

The beer festival was brilliant too.thumbup2.gif

Just watched the first half.

Not a great performance, and Higginbottom's poor tackle gave us a boost at a time when we looked in a bit of trouble.

Stonewall penalty and superbly taken too by McLean.

Both Naismith and McAusland culpable for their goal.

Half arsed attempt to stop the cross by Naismith and f**k knows what McAusland was doing.dry.png

On the plus side, Goodwin was great and McLean ably supported him.

The beer festival was brilliant too.thumbup2.gif

Hurry up, get the 2nd half watched...............although I could save you some time as it was equally as turgid with few real chances for 2 teams who are fighting for survival, which usually results in "ugly" football.

8 points from the last 4 games and undefeated, pretty decent in our situation I would say.

Poor , poor performance on the back of two good ones. A big chance last night to make ourselves almost safe against a real bad lot and we blew it again !

If I was the kind of Buddie who indulged in conspiracy theories (Poor Rangers thread notwithstanding ...), I might begin to suspect the reason Saints didnae push for a win last night, is in order to keep Buddies on the edge of their seats (and persuading as many as possible to be paying to sit on those edges!) right up till the end of the season.

We all know Saints are not yet ready for generating cash from title-winning runs, but a gloriously successful relegation battle almost every year?

Suits us, Sir! :)

Btw I honestly believe that the financial reality and superbe infrastructure is now in place for Saints to be kicking on and performing much higher up the table. But genuinely that might result in meaningless end of season matches squabbling for fifth or sixth place.

Do we really want that? REALLY? :unsure: