The Tommy Craig, Jim Goodwin & Gary Teale Appreciation Thread

goodwin played brilliant today in my opinion shame the result didnt go with it.

When he cuts out all the crap he can be a very good player, I have a feeling he may of been warned by the club that he is on his last legs and to get his act together.

Indeed it will.

Played well in 2 out of 3 the games so far. I always think that if the performances are there , the results will follow ( albeit later than we hoped ).

Early days , roll on the next game :)

Could it be as per every season that we took too long to sign players and as a result have lost ground to other teams like Inverness, Dundee etc who sorted there's a long time ago so they were ready for the SPFL kick off? We were still building our team on thu/fri of this week, 3 weeks into the season!

Could it be as per every season that we took too long to sign players and as a result have lost ground to other teams like Inverness, Dundee etc who sorted there's a long time ago so they were ready for the SPFL kick off? We were still building our team on thu/fri of this week, 3 weeks into the season!

I agree , we seem slow off the mark.

3 of our transfers I heard about several weeks ago ( decent source ) yet I doubted they were going to happen.

We seem to run the club well , but struggle to negotiate deals for players in/out.

I thought we were reasonably prepared (on paper anyway) for the start of the season apart from cover for JG cool.png all the players who started against Motherwell were signed prior to our final warm-up game against Carlisle and had a further week before our first competitive game.

We will continue to struggle until Thommo is match fit - yesterday was the first Saints game I've made this season and my feeling is none of the other options up-front will score above 5 goals (excluding penalties). CH is a worry too as we have some makeshift options but how many of the other SPFL diddy teams have quality on their benches?

We had a reasonable starting unit for the season opener and a bit of budget in reserve to see who became available - I think that is the sensible strategy for a club of our size. The questions are whether TC has made the correct decisions and whether like our two previous managers he will be able to change tack & produce the necessary results when required. bag.gif

Having said all that I reckon I'm about one game away from looking out the incontinence pants! Flush.gif

Edit - last season's start was a lot more worrying, after three games we had suffered a couple of heavy defeats up North and only salvaged a point from the Killie game due to JG winding up Kris Boyd but unlike The Rolling Stones time is not on Tommy Craig's side.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I think he'll chuck it half way, don't think he'll be able to stand the pressure.

I alluded to this during the close season , I think the BOD know that they'll be able to move him on or out without much trouble if they need to do it ! I also think he took the job on the understanding that he won't make life difficult for the BOD if things don't work out for him !

I alluded to this during the close season , I think the BOD know that they'll be able to move him on or out without much trouble if they need to do it ! I also think he took the job on the understanding that he won't make life difficult for the BOD if things don't work out for him !

So in other words you're saying there was a total lack of ambition and the BOD have put things in place because they half expect it all to go wrong?

Sums up everything that's wrong with our club at the minute

Edited by Big Yards

We have been unlucky, we could quite easily have been sitting with 6 points out of 9 and with a load of praise from the fans for being bold and attacking.

It is a results business though and thats what is going to make or break him, if we are bottom by the end of october then i imagine he will walk.

We have been unlucky, we could quite easily have been sitting with 6 points out of 9 and with a load of praise from the fans for being bold and attacking.

It is a results business though and thats what is going to make or break him, if we are bottom by the end of october then i imagine he will walk.

I agree 100% it's a results driven business but the first line certainly gives some hope that things can turn around.

If our 3 performances were all in the same bracket as the Hamilton game, well, gloomy would be an understatement.

I also doubt he'll walk, as BTB said, why should he?

A win tonight and a result on Saturday or the BOD have s decision to make.In my opinion Craig has been on board for three years and was as culpable as Danny for our failings last season.

We were 8th in the league last season?

You want a "decision" after 5 games? lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

• 3 weeks later...

Thought Osborne was excellent , think theres potential to get Kelly in instead of Wilde , and maybe give Marwood a tryout on the right wing ,Ball looked very good when he come on , and should improve as he gains in fitness , great to see McGinn look more like himself , thinking we could take something at Aberdeen , we do though desperately need a fit Stephen Thompson .