Carlisle United Vs Saints - Friday 1St August

Murray7

A section of the link I posted earlier.

While Grainger never thought he’d see the day where the was grateful for the bust-up that led to him leaving St Mirren halfway through last season, hindsight suggests that it was the best thing that could have happened to him.

The Cumbrian defender nearly threw in the towel on his career following a bust-up with Buddies boss Danny Lennon and his No2 Tommy Craig, who played more than 100 games for Carlisle and has since taken over the St Mirren Park hot-seat.

It was his former Hearts manager Jim Jefferies who pulled him back from the brink when he offered him the chance to drop down two divisions and play for Dunfermline.

Feeling wanted again helped Grainger rediscover form and confidence – and his rejuvenation was complete when the 27-year-old landed his move to boyhood favourites Carlisle United this summer.

He is preparing to come face to face with his old foes tonight when Carlisle host St Mirren in their final friendly, but insists he has no desire to re-live the hurt and frustration of the worst time of his career.

“I could have signed for Carlisle last summer, but ended up signing for St Mirren,” he said.

“Things didn’t work out the way they should have up there, not just for football reasons but other reasons. When I had a chance to leave in the January transfer window, I was happy to.

“St Mirren is a time I would rather forget in football. It was nothing to do with any of the boys; it was a difference of opinion between me and certain people, but these things happen in football and you move on.

“If that hadn’t happened, I wouldn’t be here today. I’m delighted to be here, enjoying my football again and playing with a smile on my face, which is a massive thing for me.

“It was the worst time of my career as I was coming back from a knee injury I’d suffered at Hearts and was looking forward to playing again, but it never worked out.

“My old manager Jim Jefferies gave me a chance to enjoy football again and I feel as if I have a new lease of life.”

A section of the link I posted earlier.

While Grainger never thought he’d see the day where the was grateful for the bust-up that led to him leaving St Mirren halfway through last season, hindsight suggests that it was the best thing that could have happened to him.

The Cumbrian defender nearly threw in the towel on his career following a bust-up with Buddies boss Danny Lennon and his No2 Tommy Craig, who played more than 100 games for Carlisle and has since taken over the St Mirren Park hot-seat.

It was his former Hearts manager Jim Jefferies who pulled him back from the brink when he offered him the chance to drop down two divisions and play for Dunfermline.

Feeling wanted again helped Grainger rediscover form and confidence – and his rejuvenation was complete when the 27-year-old landed his move to boyhood favourites Carlisle United this summer.

He is preparing to come face to face with his old foes tonight when Carlisle host St Mirren in their final friendly, but insists he has no desire to re-live the hurt and frustration of the worst time of his career.

“I could have signed for Carlisle last summer, but ended up signing for St Mirren,” he said.

“Things didn’t work out the way they should have up there, not just for football reasons but other reasons. When I had a chance to leave in the January transfer window, I was happy to.

“St Mirren is a time I would rather forget in football. It was nothing to do with any of the boys; it was a difference of opinion between me and certain people, but these things happen in football and you move on.

“If that hadn’t happened, I wouldn’t be here today. I’m delighted to be here, enjoying my football again and playing with a smile on my face, which is a massive thing for me.

“It was the worst time of my career as I was coming back from a knee injury I’d suffered at Hearts and was looking forward to playing again, but it never worked out.

“My old manager Jim Jefferies gave me a chance to enjoy football again and I feel as if I have a new lease of life.”

Funny Danny , your time at St.Mirren is something we`d rather forget also .bye1.gif