How Long A Ban Should Suarez Get?

Happy Buddie

In my opinion FIFA should ban him from international football for two years. I expect Liverpool to make more noises about standing by him, because it didn't happen on their watch, it was a high-pressure game, blah, blah. Their real reason for standing by him is that they'll be fcuked without him and he could shoot Steven Gerrard's granny or shag Brendan Rodgers missus'.... but if he can score goals and get them a Champions League spot, then nothing else matters.

I don't know much about Luis Suarez, but my guess is he's thick as pig-shit and something in his head isn't wired up. I wouldn't ban him for any longer than two years though. Other sportsmen have cheated by drug taking, accepted bribes, been done for drink driving...

Liverpool would maybe get rid if some other club were daft enough to give them 50 million, but who would? Barcelona or Madrid wouldn't. PSG maybe? If they got big bucks he could possibly be replaced by a couple of players coming in.

If this was to happen at the racecourse there would be an outrage. The player would be in front of the beaks and a hefty ban would be made, possibly putting the player out of the game for good.

Shoud be the same process, regardless of the footballing level. This was watched by many viewers, some young and we need to send out a clear message.

Pity though, he was having a good tournament.

I watched the France game tonight. Giroud had several goes at smacking different Ecuadorian players with his elbow - all of them were missed by the match officials. Surely he too should get the book thrown at him. There is no way that throwing punches and elbows is part of the game either yet on the BBC Lineker and Shearer were excusing it blaming the defenders for holding Giroud - yet the Chiallini was grappling with Suarez when he bit him.

Double standards, which I can't understand.

I watched the France game tonight. Giroud had several goes at smacking different Ecuadorian players with his elbow - all of them were missed by the match officials. Surely he too should get the book thrown at him. There is no way that throwing punches and elbows is part of the game either yet on the BBC Lineker and Shearer were excusing it blaming the defenders for holding Giroud - yet the Chiallini was grappling with Suarez when he bit him.

RE the bold bit... surely thats a life banning issue in itself..?

Ye cannae take a pile of Harold Robbins doon the racecourse and fling them at all and sundry

Difficult one for FIFA. Tournaments been great and they won't be wanting this dragging on and ruining it.If they ban him Uruguay will appeal and so it will drag on with him probably playing and scoring in the next game !

Seems that a ban of over six games (two months) can be subject to a lengthy appeal process. So he may be looking at a relatively lenient punishment !

It seems to me that football is getting dragged along by TV companies / pundits on what they should / should not be doing, so we've now got a two tier system where if Goodie banjo's someone, the officials don't see it but it gets caught by the tv camera's, there's retrospective punishment but if the same happens at Peterhead where there's no cameras, then there is no action. Only a matter of time, in my opinion, before someone challenges this in a court.

What about the flying elbows that are caught by the cameras (at the World Cup) but not by the officials - any retrospective action? The bottom line, what is the difference between nutting someone during a game; biting them or elbowing them in face - it's still violent conduct. Why should someone get a 2 match ban for a flying elbow but a 10 match ban for a bite?

The English tv media (which we in Scotland have had to endure yet again for a football tournament)is trying to find a convenient way of diverting attention from their countries elimination. Firstly, what has a game between Uruguay and Italy have to do with them anyway ? Secondly,there was no injury to the player affected, he played on without any injury suffered.

Normally a player assaulting another, in whatever manner, during a game results in a dismissal. this is what should have happened, no more.

The English tv media (which we in Scotland have had to endure yet again for a football tournament)is trying to find a convenient way of diverting attention from their countries elimination. Firstly, what has a game between Uruguay and Italy have to do with them anyway ? Secondly,there was no injury to the player affected, he played on without any injury suffered.

Normally a player assaulting another, in whatever manner, during a game results in a dismissal. this is what should have happened, no more.

A) Suarez is currently attached to an EPL club and it's the worlds' media discussing it, not that of one country.

B)The bloke's a serial cheat, has history of such behavior and needs to be taught a harsh enough lesson. He wasn't dismissed because seemingly the incident was missed by the officials. Off the ball, which isn't surprising given his slimy nature.

i hope one day he tries this on the wrong man. Someone in the mould of a Vinnie Jones or Roy keane who wouldn't hesitate to knock those big beaver teeth out.

Edited by john scott

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has decided that:

· The player Luis Suárez is regarded as having breached art. 48 par. 1 lit. d of the FIFA Disciplinary Code (FDC) (assault), and art. 57 of the FDC (an act of unsporting behaviour towards another player).

· The player Luis Suárez is to be suspended for nine (9) official matches. The first match of this suspension is to be served in the upcoming FIFA World Cup™ fixture between Colombia and Uruguay on 28 June 2014. The remaining match suspensions shall be served in Uruguay’s next FIFA World Cup match(es), as long as the team qualifies, and/or in the representative team’s subsequent official matches in accordance with art. 38 par. 2a) of the FDC.

· The player Luis Suárez is banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) for a period of four (4) months in accordance with art. 22 of the FDC.

· A stadium ban is pronounced against the player Luis Suárez in accordance with art. 21 of the FDC as follows: the player Luis Suárez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium during the period of the ban (point 3). The player Luis Suárez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium in which the representative team of Uruguay is playing while he has to serve the nine-match suspension (point 2).

· The player Luis Suárez is ordered to pay a fine in the amount of CHF 100,000.

The decision was notified to the player and the Uruguayan FA today.

Guest TPAFKATS

It's all getting a bit over the top, esp the hypocrisy of guys like shearer, savage & hartson.

What he did was wrong, but 4 months only punishes Liverpool who appeared to be instrumental in his rehabilitation last season.

His bite was ridiculous but let's remember that girouds & songs elbows could've caused more injury and sturridges assault on costa rican keeper did cause more injury.

It's all getting a bit over the top, esp the hypocrisy of guys like shearer, savage & hartson.

What he did was wrong, but 4 months only punishes Liverpool who appeared to be instrumental in his rehabilitation last season.

The rehab didnae work... If ever it was tried, tony.

The biting is something that invites retaliation and the bitten person would be (unjustifiably in my view) be sent off for what would be (also in my view) perfectly normal reaction.

What he did was wrong is the least of it.

What he did was monumentally stupid... Or deranged,

The world was watching. He knows his biting is well-known.

What could he have possibly have gained by doing it, other than the punishment he has received?

He's betrayed his country by that act. But I doubt that he'll learn from the reaction.

Liverpool supported him when they should have binned him. Yes, his goals have been useful... But his baggage is unsupportable.

Animals bite. Football players do some stupid things - like Portugal's Pepe needlessly doing a daft headbutt motion towards another player. Guys like Lee McCulloch have made a career out of using their elbows.

Suarez is a fcuking fruitloop with his animalistic biting antics. Not once, not twice, but three times. He fully deserves a ban, and I hope it is increased due to any Uruguyan FA appeal.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with Dicko. Whats worse a bite or life threating elbow in the face or throat.

Oh and while we're at it,. I remember it happening plenty at race course and spitting in the face, bawzfelt, etc. Perhaps things are more jessified now.

In saying that a bite is an assault and he should get a ban but people need to get of their high horses.

Edited by insaintee

Guest TPAFKATS

The rehab didnae work... If ever it was tried, tony.

The biting is something that invites retaliation and the bitten person would be (unjustifiably in my view) be sent off for what would be (also in my view) perfectly normal reaction.

What he did was wrong is the least of it.

What he did was monumentally stupid... Or deranged,

The world was watching. He knows his biting is well-known.

What could he have possibly have gained by doing it, other than the punishment he has received?

He's betrayed his country by that act. But I doubt that he'll learn from the reaction.

Liverpool supported him when they should have binned him. Yes, his goals have been useful... But his baggage is unsupportable.

I thought he was very well behaved last season. Didn't rise to any provocation, laughed instead of snarling and let his football take the attention.

Broadly agree with everything else though.

However, Is it worse than Zidane's headbutt?

Can't believe I'm agreeing with Dicko. Whats worse a bite or life threating elbow in the face or throat.

Oh and while we're at it,. I remember it happening plenty at race course and spitting in the face, bawzfelt, etc. Perhaps things are more jessified now.

In saying that a bite is an assault and he should get a ban but players need to get out of their high heels.

Yip N.N. thumbup2.gif

I thought he was very well behaved last season. Didn't rise to any provocation, laughed instead of snarling and let his football take the attention.

Broadly agree with everything else though.

However, Is it worse than Zidane's headbutt?

Not the first bite

Probably the 2nd

And most definetly the 3rd bite.

It seems to me that football is getting dragged along by TV companies / pundits on what they should / should not be doing, so we've now got a two tier system where if Goodie banjo's someone, the officials don't see it but it gets caught by the tv camera's, there's retrospective punishment but if the same happens at Peterhead where there's no cameras, then there is no action. Only a matter of time, in my opinion, before someone challenges this in a court.

What about the flying elbows that are caught by the cameras (at the World Cup) but not by the officials - any retrospective action? The bottom line, what is the difference between nutting someone during a game; biting them or elbowing them in face - it's still violent conduct. Why should someone get a 2 match ban for a flying elbow but a 10 match ban for a bite?

I agree with most of your post melmac, but I can't see the bit in bold happening. A football player going to court to claim that he should have got away with his assault because no-one would have seen it if it wasn't for the TV cameras would get laughed out of court.

Edited by Stuart Dickson