Thomas Reilly

You asked who he managed and I told you. I,m saddened that you have dissed the fact that Eddie has helped lads become professional footballers and plenty more who have turned into fine young men in the community.

Nope...'eddie' asked another fan which premier league club he had managed when criticizing his opinion.

I congratulate the parents of these fine young men...not their youth team co manager.

wot teams have u managed at the top level?

can u only discuss football if you've managed at the top level?

maybe div should just close the forum down! :lol:

:1eye

Sigh...read the conversation and try and figure out who said you needed to be a premier league manager to have an opinion. (Hint...it wasnt me)

Oh and fyi we are both saying the exact same thing! (You'd figure that out if you read the thread properly)

Never mind sending him out on loan.

What i've seen and heard, he is more than capable of becoming the latest Saints wonderkid and legend.

NOW IS HIS TIME.

Get him in the team every week and give the boy a proper chance.

No more 2 minute substitute appearances.

Give the lad a break, i'm sure he'll not let us down.

This.

I've been genuinely disappointed not to have seen more of TR over the last season, always kitted out in sub gear and out at half time for a kick about so I assume he is considered first team quality to a more than reasonable extent.

Get him in the first team consistently for a while and see what happens, because at the moment there is no REAL evidence of the lads ability.

I want Reilly to do well as I do with every St.Mirren player. If he's not in the team playing regularly and faces new competition for his place in the squad because of the arrivals of Marwood Caldwell and possibly another Striker!

I think his best chance is to go out on Loan rather than sit on the bench!

Naismith and Kelly went on loan never done them any harm and both earned first team contracts.

The thing is, if both Ball and the lad Armstrong from Newcastle sign, I can see young Tam being moved out on loan.

Which is no bad thing. He needs a season down at lower levels similar to Stevie May. Do Doubt there is a player in there, just needs a bit more maturity.

I want Reilly to do well as I do with every St.Mirren player. If he's not in the team playing regularly and faces new competition for his place in the squad because of the arrivals of Marwood Caldwell and possibly another Striker!

I think his best chance is to go out on Loan rather than sit on the bench!

Naismith and Kelly went on loan never done them any harm and both earned first team contracts!!!!

Thomas is younger than both Jason Naismith and Sean Kelly. Neither of them broke into the team till they were 19, Thomas is 19 now, he just broke through earlier than those 2 and it seems he's been around forever.

I think Reilly will develop further and play a big part for us this season and get himself a new deal.

• 1 month later...

Wasn't really involved that much after he came on. The few times that he was he seemed quick to get rid of the ball, making passes that weren't really on. Looked like goodwin was encouraging him to be more brave on the ball and hold onto it for a bit, but quite clearly a lack of confidence for him. Hopefully being part of our first win of the season will boost his confidence a bit.