St Mirren V Dundee United Spfl Premiership 30/8/14

shull

Full time 0-3

Sickening again.

What more can be said? Same as the games against Dundee and Motherwell, difference being United are a better team than either of them and are far more clinical.

We dominate for long stages, have plenty of possession in the final third, create chances, yet lose without scoring.

Bottom line is we have lost 4 on the bounce and haven't scored, and that's pretty disgraceful however you spin it.

Positives?... Emm.. We aren't a shambles, and we were this time a year ago. Oh and, we have 0 points after a month, and we still aren't bottom!

Edited by TopCat

2 days to get 1..2? decent players in or face almost certainly a 50/50 fight just for the chance to be sickened by losing a play off with Newco or Hearts.

Vital vital year this one given the Championship and we look like trying the same penny pinching gamble again. I think we've pushed our luck once too often.

Full time 0-3

Sickening again.

What more can be said? Same as the games against Dundee and Motherwell, difference being United are a better team than either of them and are far more clinical.

We dominate for long stages, have plenty of possession in the final third, create chances, yet lose without scoring.

Bottom line is we have lost 4 on the bounce and haven't scored, and that's pretty disgraceful however you spin it.

Positives?... Emm.. We aren't a shambles, and we were this time a year ago. Oh and, we have 0 points after a month, and we still aren't bottom!

So bad you had to say it twice!

I would have been amazed if what happened over the summer had worked. Blame lies solely with the decision makers at the club. Although this has been a massive penny pinching exercise, it will eventually cost us a load of money in canceled contracts etc.

2 days to get 1..2? decent players in or face almost certainly a 50/50 fight just for the chance to be sickened by losing a play off with Newco or Hearts.

Vital vital year this one given the Championship and we look like trying the same penny pinching gamble again. I think we've pushed our luck once too often.

Craig has stated that he's not bringing in any more players. Can't believe that he's happy with our central defence.

If you didnt laugh you would cry your eyes out we are now truely the laughing stock of scottish football all the f**king happy clappers on here and over on P/B have made sure of that all the fans at other clubs will be pissing themselfs with laughter.

Time for the board to hold their hands up and admit they have f**ked up.

Cheap option for manager EVERY single time they have appointed someone.

In complete honesty, the only gamble that's ever really, really paid off for them was Tom Hendrie's appointment.

Danny exceeded my expectations by a mile. The first full season we played some really nice football and we won the league cup. Tom Hendrie's league winning team were great too watch.

Yet you were abusing anyone who dared suggest Craig was the wrong man at the start of the season.

You made your bed nedflanders

Now you're lying in it... :lol:

Wtf you on about. Exactly when did I abuse anyone on this forum? Show me evidence. I was not happy with the appointment but the Board made the decision and all fans had to hope it was the right one. If you are going to personally acuse me of anything at least have the balls to evidence it.

Apparently this is the first time in our history that we've lost the first four games in a season. Must also be the first time we've failed to score in the opening four.

It would be 5 if we had played Aberdeen when we were meant to. to all intents and purposes, we will hit mid september goalless and pointless. i have to ask, what is the point of signing a bunch of dud strikers when we really needed just one good one? If he had done that we could have bided our time until Thomson was fit instead of hurrying him back to an even lengthier injury.

Tommy might have moaned about Danny's signings last year, he is finding out that it is not so easy to get good players in. Best thing all round would be to release craig and get Alex Neil in. What to do about the assistant coaches though. What a mess the board have created here, if they drop Craig then they are left with some difficult decisions re goodwin and teale. Goodwin is still worth a player's contract (if he can screw the nut) but i am not so sure teale is, or if he would be happily reduced to the ranks.

The experiment has already failed, we need someone in who will lead the now massive push required just to get a play-off

Time for the board to hold their hands up and admit they have f**ked up.

Cheap option for manager EVERY single time they have appointed someone.

In complete honesty, the only gamble that's ever really, really paid off for them was Tom Hendrie's appointment.

so a cup win and highest league placings were not a pay off? How bizarre.

I thought tommy craig had brought some good talented young players in and it would take time, however, it looks like he is not capable of managing a team in his own right

He promoted a few guys at the start of then season only to send them back to the under 20's last week.